Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
1 Year Anniversary
Shell1007 posted:
Ladies,
Today is my 1 yr anniversary since my lumpectomy.
I was so looking forward to this day & now that it is here, there are a lot of mixed emotions.Why can I not just be happy that I am healthy ? Whats up with that ? I had planned on going out and celebrating but instead I am sitting here with a box of tissues bawling. Yes, I think I am just plain crazy.
Thanks for listening & have a great weekend everyone
Michele
FirstPrevious12NextLast

brcansur responded:
Michele
Congrats on your 1 yr anniversary that is something to be proud and happy about But as you said a lot of emotions come along with this beast called breast cancer and they come and go when ever they feel like it. Maybe going out to celebrate is just what you need to get out of your blue mood get together with family and friends or who ever it is that would make you feel better and celebrate big time. Do something that makes you happy and feel good something that would bring your spirits up even make you laugh with someone specail in your life. Maybe even go out and spoil yourself by shopping for something nice just for you You deserve to be spoiled on this specail day it is your day to do what ever feels good to you. So get up and do something nice just for you and please just smile it will make you feel better really it helps to just smile! come on try it smile please!!! I can see a little one come on there you go now don't you feel a little better?!?!! Now you need to feel a lot better so go celebrate girl like never before.
We will meet you on PINKIE for a party when you are done with your own anything you want just let us know!!!!
Have a great day and weekend hope you feel better Angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Michele,
Congrats on being one year out from surgery. There are so many milestones to go for sure!
I hope you can find something fun to do today. Consider me on board Pinkie too for a great party, and remember the cabana boys are always serving yummy drinks for us, and of course they are hot, hot hot!!!! LOL!!!!!
Seriously, I think I was like you one year out. I did not feel like celebrating, I think I still felt a lot of anger at the whole year prior to that, but eventually you do pick yourself up and celebrate - you have earned it girl!!!!! So lets go, who else is on board celebrating Michele's great news???
xo Jenna

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Jenna291's response:
HIP HIP HOORAY!

I'm here and celebrating with you, I've got cake and a balloon!

I don't have first hand understanding of what you are experiencing today but I do know that a good cry can often be a good thing. Let it all out...THEN you can start feeling great! I suggest a mani/pedi or maybe retail therapy!

(((HUGS)))

Rachael67 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I'm with Haylen in this one! So often we bundle up our emotions and they suddenly can't stay hidden and come spilling out! When you are ready we'll be standing by with Pinkie ready to celebrate big time!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly!
Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

mhall6252 replied to Rachael67's response:
I'm ready for a party! Hope you're up to celebrating soon!

And I think a spa day is in order! Nothing like some pampering to make you feel so much better!

Michelle

cancer47 responded:
I felt the same way. My worst day was the 1 year of when they told me it was cancer. I have to say getting over those first days is overwheming but I'm coming up to the second year and it's so much easier. Enjoy your day!

cindy12345678 responded:
Michele,
Congrats! I am glad you are healthy! I too think there are alot
of mixed emotions. And some post traumatic stress. I have
a whole range of emotions I go through. I love to come
here because everyone understands. Just have your cry,
and then go do something that makes you happy.
Sometimes our normal routine just makes us happy. I liked
my life before BC, now I am trying to get back to it. I too will
be on Pinkie for the celebration! I can't wait for the cabana
boys with the drinks!
Love and hugs,
Cindy

1yrsurvivor responded:
Friday the 14th is my 1 year anniversary and my husband
and I are going to celebrate. I went thru chemo and radiation.
I am so glad that I did what I needed to do to beat this. I just had my mammogram which was clear.

LaRee

Shell1007 replied to 1yrsurvivor's response:
LaRee,
Congrats to you on your 1 yr anniversary ! Let the celebration begin !
Getting the 1 yr mammogram done & getting the "all clear" is a big relief isn't it?
Have a great weekend
Michele

Rachael67 replied to 1yrsurvivor's response:
Two reasons to celebrate big time!!! Continue all weekend long...We're dancin' beside you!!

Congrats.
Rachael

1yrsurvivor replied to Shell1007's response:
Thanks to both of you that replied. It was a fun day. My husband & I went to see my nephew pitch in a practice game for the first time. Then we went out to dinner with my brother and sister in-law and stuffed ourselves at golden corral.

LaRee

Rachael67 replied to 1yrsurvivor's response:
Super!!! I think we should all celebrate something very, very often! And our anniversaries as survivors is one of the best reasons! Glad you didn't let it pass without noting it!

Blessings.
Rachael

PS...How did the ballgame go???

brcansur replied to 1yrsurvivor's response:
LaRee,
Hello, and congrats It is great to hear that you celebrated a 1 year anniversary and that you had your mammo and it was clear. Those are two very big and great things to be proud of and to celebrate. Isn't so much fun and a great feeling when you can go out and enjoy it without feeling sick, and you can really eat as you said stuff yourself?
Congrats on 1 year and many many many more to come!!! sending some roses and wild flowers and lots of balloons your way to help brighten your days to come. Have a great week to come angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

1yrsurvivor replied to Rachael67's response:
The game was very interesting. He pitched for 2 innings. Allowed 1 hit and struck out 5. They won 4-3. (college) My brothers family was very excited and priveleged that we chose to include them in on this celebration.

Roberta I would also like to thank you for your kind words and thoughts.

LaRee

Helpful Tips

Alternative consumer self-test device for early detection of breast cancer?
This may be an interesting personalized alternative for early detection to then be verified through Breast MRI/Mammography: Eclipse, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center