Skip to content
I'm done with treament!
JLAMB26 posted:
I just finished my last treatment of Herceptin! Oh Happy Day!!! I'm having my port removed Monday and will celebrating with friends and family with a party on Halloween weekend!. My journey was 13 months, 2 weeks and 4 days. Reconstruction will be done in December so I can start the new year with a clean slate. I'm planning a tropical vacation in March to rest, relax and celebrate my life. I can't stop smiling today:)
Jennifer

rachael67 responded:
How super, Jennifer!!!! We are dancing right along with you..and, of course, we will be putting Pinkie into high gear so that we can accompany you on that tropical island in March!

Please keep us updated on the reconstruction...Many of the members have gone through/are going thru reconstruction, and always welcome hearing the experiences of others. Hope the road is smooth and very successful!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly!
Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

brcansur responded:
Jennifer
Great new congrats to you celebrate today, and again after you heal from the port removal. Halloween weekend is a good time have a great time celbrating.
I will also be on Pinkie in March it sounds like fun March will mark my $ years since my bi mast plus my birthday so celebrating will be my thing that month also.
Keep smiling you deserve it have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

cindy12345678 responded:
Jennifer ,
How awsome for you! Yea! Port removal! You enjoy your day!
A tropical vacation sounds great! You desrve it !
Cindy

lukeperry responded:
Hi Jennifer,
I was remembering what my surgeon told me. He said I had to heal from my port removal operation, before I could have my other surgery. It's a major operation, aren't you having it done in the hospital? Anyway, I guess December is long enough away for it to heal.( but it should be the end of Dec.) Call Mon., and make sure you tell your plastic surgeon, you had your port removed Oct. 17th. A lot of times all three of my doctors weren't on the same page. I kept track of all of them, and made sure each one knew what the other was doing. It's a shame I had to do that, but I'd rather have been safe, then sorry. Good luck and God Bless!
Luke

mhall6252 responded:
Congratulations, Jennifer! Celebrate big!!!

mhall6252 replied to lukeperry's response:
My port is coming out on 11/2 and it's being done in the surgeon's office with just local anesthetic. It's definitely not a major operation in my case.

I agree that it's difficult to keep all of one's doctors on the same page. I accept that responsibility as it is my body.

Michelle

kiwiallright responded:
Congratulations

Helpful Tips

Breast Cancer Survivor
I had breast cancer surgery on right side just below my breast 2.2 cm part since 2001. It also removed 21 nodes my armpit to protect cancer ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center