I need some encouragement today
JLAMB26 posted:
I got THE call from my Oncologist today. After my first follow-up MRI after chemo, they found something suspicious in the other breast. I need to go in for an ultrasound tomorrow and a biopsy next week. Here's the kicker, I was scheduled to have reconstruction surgery on Monday. I had to cancel that until I get the all clear...just in case. Just when I think I'm back in control, this cancer thing knocks you down a peg. I'm trying to stay positive until I get the results of the biopsy as I know MRI's can give false information. Send some positive thoughts toward Wisconsin today!!
Thanks,
Jennifer

brcansur responded:
Jennifer,
I am sending all positive energy and a lot of angel hugs your way and my prayers for good news alot of comfort to get you through this.
I have to say a agree that MRI sometimes show things and they aren't always right. I had an MRI back in June because of a very red and swollen right breast. First thought was spider bite but didn't get better withmeds. So had all kinds of test the MRI showed that my implant had ruptured so in I went for surgery right away to get that implant out. But what they ps couldn't figure out was I have saline implants and my breast was swollen not flat?? If the implant ruptured I should be as flat as a pancake. He opened me up and took out the implant which was perfectly fine nothing at all wrong with it not even a little leak in it. He couldn't find anything wrong at all inside my breast to be causeing all the redness or the warm swolloen breast to begin with. So he ran more test sent out skin and fluid to be tested for everything he could think of. All that came back was a staff infection and he doesn't even know if that was from the inside or outside. Or if it was from now or from when the implant was put in or even if I did have a spider bite and it got infected. So here to say not all MRI's are right mine sure wasn't lol. because my implant was fine but showed it was ruptured. So I am praying that yours is just some fatty tissue or a cyst maybe a piece of dust anything but cancer. I am sending all good wishes and my thoughts and prayers are with you for good news. I know this is the hardest part waiting and having more test to make sure that test was nothing to worry about. But hang in there and try not to worry. I also know that is easier said then done but try to keep yourself busy so as not to worry as much as a mind that has nothing to do but worry. I wish you all the best angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Rachael67 responded:
Oh, dear Jennifer, what a blind-sided attack! I can only begin to appreciate the tornado of emotions which you must be in at this moment. The old saying about the way to make God laugh is to tell Him your plans certainly isn't going to be humorous to you right now!!

Please know that we all are uniting our energies, good thoughts and prayers toward you now and until this nightmare is resolved...Hopefully in a good outcome!!!

Try to distract yourself as much as possible while you make your way through this muddy mess. If you need help with meds to sleep or reduce the anxiety, etc. please ask your doctors! That's what those meds are for!!!

And, of course, come here any time to vent or cry or just to be with Friends...We care...muchly!!

Blessings.
Rachael

PS...Don't forget to breathe!!!!
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly!
Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

mhall6252 responded:
Jennifer - sending hugs and positive thoughts, and hoping that this is all "much ado about nothing."
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

cindy12345678 responded:
Jennifer,
Just know that we are all there waiting with you. I hope
it is nothing. I am sending a ton of positive thoughts
your way. Let us know what happens.
Stay strong!
Cindy

JLAMB26 responded:
Thanks for all the words of encourangment and prayers. I had the ultrasound today and here's what I know; the purpose was to compare the MRI results with an ultrasound to see if they can locate the spot in order to do an ultrasound guided biopsy. The ultrasound could not "conclusively" locate the spot the found by the MRI. I now have to go back and have an MRI guided biopsy. They will do another MRI and biopsy at the same time so that they make sure to biopsy the right thing. It is tentatively scheduled for December 5 but I am on the waiting list and should hear back next week about an earlier date. I expressed my concern with waiting, I don't think I'll make it until the 5th without some answers:) I guess no news is good news for now!
Jennifer

Jenna291 replied to JLAMB26's response:
Jennifer,
I am so sorry for all this stress. I am sending a ton of positive thoughts to Wisconsin.
Please let us know as soon as you are done with the other biopsy.
hugs...
Jenna

sadblossom responded:
Jennifer,
So sorry for the new worries. Chin up and keep the faith......
sending loads of support...........tons of hope.............and bundles of {{{HUGS}}}} !!

Blessings............
Pat~sadblossom

brcansur replied to JLAMB26's response:
Jennifer,
I am so sorry that you have more worries and have to wait even longer for answers. But as you said no news is good news. So we shall all wait with you for the good news. I am sending tons of good vibes your way along with good wishes prayers and lots and lots of angel hugs to comfort and warm you till this is all done and over with. My heart goes out to you try and keep the mind busy as to not worry as much. It is good we have thanksgiving comeing up it should help keep your mind off things for a while. Being with family and friends will also help. I am keeping you near and dear to my heart and always in my prayers. Have a good night angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

cindy12345678 replied to JLAMB26's response:
Jennifer,
I am sorry you have to go throug this. It's alot of waiting.
They want to make sure, which is good. I hope you get
an earlier date. We are all waiting with you.
Love anf hugs,
Cindy

JLAMB26 responded:
Oh Happy Day!!! Got the results of my biospy today....benign breast tissue. The nurse who called told me that the radialogist would be calling me to recommend follow-up because they detected calcification deposits but no cancer. I asked her what that could mean and she said sometimes they want to remove the area of the breast that shows change. Anyone ever heard of this? It took me by surprise. Anyway....happy happy day!
Jennifer

Rachael67 replied to JLAMB26's response:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An early HAPPY HOLIDAY!!!!! ('Tis the season of miracles, right?!)

Calcification is sometimes not an issue, sometimes it is questionable and other times it's indicative of DCIS. I hope others can chime in with thier own experience which might be similar to yours. Also, do some homework on reputable sites on the internet and be ready to ask any questions when you discuss it with the doctor.

Meanwhile.....CELEBRATE!!!!

Blessings.
Rachale
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly!
Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

judyfams replied to Rachael67's response:
I was diagnosed with IDC in my right breast in 2010 and calcifications in my left breast at the same time. The right breast was treated with lumpectomy, chemo and radiation and the left breast had another mammogram 6 mos. later. They also did a stereotactic biopsy on the left breast which showed the calcifications as benign. They used the first find of calcification as a baseline. When the 6 mos. mammo showed no change I now get a yearly mammo on that left breast.
The tech told me they continue to compare the distribution and shape of the calcifications at each mammo and if/when they see a change (which mayor may not happen) then there will do further tests.
Judy

brcansur replied to JLAMB26's response:
Jennifer,
Congrats I am so very happy for you now no more waiting isn't that great. Now you can get ready to have a great holiday without the wondering what the test are going to come back with yes yes yes good news is the best best best!!!!
Have a great weekend celebrating big time and have a great holiday with family anf friends angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

DiDee9 responded:

Dear Jennifer, I have only had BC diagnosis in October 2011. Lumpectomy 11/15/2011. I cannot and will not take Arimidex...leaves me very susceptible and worried nightmares of recurremces Er Pr Nue-
I am new to all this...but I am here to lend support too. I am here in Illinois praying & sending positive energy to you. I know you have been down a much longer road than I; and at this point in your treatment. Is your intuition usually correct (mine never fails?)
I know that now that you are finally at a stage, after a long, difficult path and looking forward to reconstruction and now back at knocking at the door of uncertainty. It makes me truly sad; because I know that gray zone is so,so difficult. I will not say anything trite. But offer you support. You have, like all of us here, you developed a combination of strength courage you did not even know you possessed. Sending Angel hugs too (I collect them....that is the figurine kind:) And you said it knocked you down a peg. That even shows how strong you are, because where I am, I would have had a meltdown....but I am moving toward acceptance, but still I'm sad. Obviouslly, I am new to this and still need support too, but I am trying to focus on others and not my prognosis. How long do you have to wait before you receive the Path? I am truly here for you...and as you can see so is our community. So I am sending Hugs, Well wishes, more hugs & prayers with positive energy and angels to surround you. And hoping to hear that you get a clean slate on the Pathology so that you may keep moving forward & begin the reconstruction and a new beginning:)
Support & Hugs ((()))