Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My Thanksgiving Joke
cancer47 posted:
I have a good sense of humor and thought I share this with you. We now don't have anyone who likes dark meat, wings and legs of the turkey so my husband said "lets make two breast rather than the whole turkey". "Buy the two biggest breasts you can find." We now have two nine pound breasts to cook tomorrow. And I said "are these big enough" "their perfect" he replied. Two years ago it might not have been as funny but now it's a "private" joke:))

MBH34351 responded:
We need a "Like" button on this board!
It's doable!

Rachael67 responded:
We've several members on this board who have added chuckles to my Thanksgiving dinner...Wonder what those gathered will think when I slice off the white meat and/or when I spoon out the stuffing...and am laughing hysterically???!!!

It will be all your faults when they crate me off to the funny farm! (Hmmm..Will there be turkeys at the "farm"??? )

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly!
Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

GGrandmaJan replied to Rachael67's response:
Oh Rachael, I will probably join you at the funny farm as I go into hystericis along with YOU. Oh my gosh I have not laughed so hard with all the different examples of "stuffing"------and now Cancer 47 has added another with the9 NINE pound breasts.?!?!?!?!?

Hope you have rooom for all us on "Pinkie" as we are all carted off to the Funny Farm!?!?!??!?! For sure you will not be alone!!!!

I think we have we all lost our sanity??? But Hey, if we can't laugh and find humor in all we are going thru---what else is there?????? Of couse, HOPE!!!!!!

This has been a riot of laughter!!!!

Hope all have a Great Thanksgiving!!!

Blessings All
Jan

brcansur replied to Rachael67's response:
Rachael,
How was that stuffing anyway, Did they stuff it well? Mine was stuffed very well nice and full I was trying not to get laughing when we were taking the stuffing out of the turkey but my sister in law that was another story. We got going then forget it the laughing begain and it was out of control. Then I told them about the rest of the jokes on here and it was over we couldn't stop laughing. Like Jan said if we can't find humor in it we would go insane. But then again at times poeple may think we have gone insane lol. Have a great day and weekend. Angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

GGrandmaJan replied to brcansur's response:
O.K. Ladies--I am still here---so the white coated guys didn't get me yet. LOL LOL. I did tell my step-daughter and my DH about the 9 lb breasts. We got to laughing so hard.

I am so glad we all had fun with all the lingo from the boards. It really made my day.

I have this gizzmo I found for the stuffing. It is oval shape. You put the stuffing in it and it clamps shut. Then you just stuff the whole thing into the bird. It is so awesome as you don't have to pick the stuffing out of the backbone of the bird. I got a 15 pound turkey---never thinking my gizzmo was made for at least a 20-pounder. It was all I could do to get the thing into the bird. Then I got to thinking of you, Roberta, and just lost it. Thanks for the laughter.

Blessings
Jan

brcansur replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Jan,
I am sure that bird got stuff very good then lol. with a good laugh on the side no less. At least no one can say we don't have a little fun on this board. What with the 9 lb breast and the stuffing the breast but good how could we not have a fun thanksgiving and some laughs to go along with it. We all had some smiles on this thanksgiving and were able to be b/c free for a while at least wasn't that the greatest?
Now I was I was there to see you trying to get a 20 lb stuffing thing stuffed into a 15 lb bird that must have been a hoot.lol I would have been laughing so hard I would have been cring and having a hard time breathing from laughing so hard. If not peeing my pants from laughing lol. That picture in my head is just so funny now that is all I can see lol. I am so glad you told us this after our birds were stuffed because I wouldn't have been able to stuff a bird if my life depended on it after this one. Because I would be laughing to hard to do anything. But that stuffing thing sounds great if you get big birds that is because I wouldn't want to be in your shoes trying to put a 20 lb thing into a 15 lb bird lol. You must have really gotten a good workout doing that job. How did you get it back out of there did it end up taking half the bird with it coming out ? That would be one way to carve a turkey over stuff the bird with some gizzmo lol. Boy is this board getting silly around the holidays or what I am just waiting to see what happens around christmas time lol. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

GGrandmaJan replied to brcansur's response:
Oh Roberta, it was easy to get the gizzmo out of the bird cause everything shrunk as it cooked. O.K. I am sure there is a funny line somewhere in what I just said but better leave it alone. LOL.

Only thing was I didn't get it all the way into the bird but enough to at least cook the dressing. It really works good.

Yes, I wish you would have been here too. We NEVER would have got that bird in the oven. We would have been laughing way too much.

I adore your humor.

Blessings
Jan

brcansur replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Jan,
I am so glad it all worked out and cooked well for you, it ruely sounds like a good idea and a good gizzmo to have minus the size and having to bird that was too small lol. Boy the laughs we all had this thanksgiving they were great I will never forget them the 9 lb breast that was great lol. then my breast being stufed but good the ps and his asst really liked the idea of stuffing me but good for the holiday lol. and cranberry sauce on the side that was a hoot. Now onto christmas just waiting to see the laughs we all come up with now. I am starting to look at my cookie recipes to see what ones I will be making this year. I usually make about 13 or more different kinds of cookies then I bring trays to all of my doctors and their staff a day or two before christmas. I give trays to family and friends also and my neighbors get one also. I just love to cook and back so I do it every year. I just hope my breast can take all the cookie makeing this year we shall see how it goes. It may not be as many or I may have to make ones that are less work to make. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to brcansur's response:
You know, if you dropped into various parts of this discussion, you wouldn't be able to tell if the jokers were from the breast cancer community or the sex & relationships community!

Sounds like you all had a great turkey day - with or without breasts!

Roberta, please share the different kinds of cookies you are making! I'm not a baker so I'm looking to you for inspiration as we move into the horrid (for me) pot luck season!

H

Rachael67 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen, that statement is funnier than any that came before!!!!! Thanks for a very big laugh!!!

Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly!
Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

GGrandmaJan replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Oh Thanks, Haylen, you made my evening!!!!! Thanks for the belly-laugh.

I was hoping we hadn't went a little over-board on our comments. They sure all were hysterical. I never laughed so much just getting the bird in the oven. So many imagines went flying thru my head.

Thank goodnes, no one called the guys in the "white coats" as Rachael feared?!?!?!?!?!!

Poor Haylen, I feel your pain with pot-lucks. Not my fav either.

Blessings
Jan

brcansur replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen
I have the ones I make every year and then I add some news ones each year. Do you need recipes or just the name of the cookies? I could do both for you or if you give address I could make and mail to you really!
Here is list of some I make every year.

Italian chcolate cookies

Italian cherry cookies

Pumpkin chocaltechip cookies

oatmeal peanutbutter cookies

Lemon poppyseed cookies

Chocolate tipped butter cookies

lemon bars

chocolate mint cookies with andies candies

lemon snowballs

Now to fill in I have to go through my cook books and see what new ones I am going to make or change out some of these and make some more new one but all together there will be 13 to 15 different cookies.
Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Shell1007 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,
The Italian cookies you make ....Pizzelle ? Lemon snowballs sound good too I make spritz cookies (yes, lots of butter) the worst part is loading the cookie gun
I am not creative but I do like to bake. Probably cause I like eating them.
Shell

brcansur replied to Shell1007's response:
Shell,
When I first start baking I will try one cookies of each kind to make sure the flavor is good I don't need more. But then I get to where I don't want another cookie at all for a long time. That is one reason why I give them away. I love to bake but I don't eat that much so I give them away. I just got a new cookie press we shall see if I like it or not I had one years a go and didn't like it. It seamed much easier to just do it all by jand then to use the press. The new ones looks different then my old one so I am hopeing that it will make things easier for me and faster then doing them all by hand. lets hope and pray it works out that way fingers crossed. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center