Skip to content
Just when you thought..........
cancer47 posted:
The past week seems the longest I have felt in a long time. I tried to get thru christmas the best I could but an up coming dr visit has me worried. I had a CT scan done last monday tuesday onchol office called to give me an appointment to come in and meet with the dr for results and treatment options. Would say nothing over the phone. But when we tried to have the results sent to my primarycare they said the dr shares that info after he see's me. I have 36 hours until I go see him. My husband's been great and supportive and right away said he's coming too. I just pray that I can handle what ever news I get.
Family will be in from out of town because my Dad died 1 year ago 12-29 I know he watches over me everyday. I post when I find something out.

Anad419 responded:
Hi Cancer47,

It will be okay, you are stronger than you think. It is my second time around with breast cancer and I also thought I wouldn't be able to handle the news. The first time was extremely hard, I was only 32 yrs old, and it rocked me to the core, but somehow I got through it. Now, I heard the news again, and just recently I had to go through surgery and had a masectomy. My family and friends have been very supportive and I am greatfull. My doctors 10 yrs ago did tell me, that I would have the strength to support this if cancer came back, and back then I thought he was nuts, but out of need to live, comes the power of strength. My prayers are with you.

Jenna291 replied to Anad419's response:
Well know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and I can only tell you to stay strong as we are all fighters here.
I will look for your post with more info but just wanted you to know there is plenty of support here.
hugs,
Jenna

Rachael67 responded:
They say timing is everything...and this timing sure sucks! I am so sorry that you are so stressed, but very glad to hear that DH was right there to support and care! Sounds like you have one of the good guys!!

Please know you will be in our thoughts and hearts.

Blessings.
Rachael
Always listen for what is silent and see what is invisible...That's where miracles hide, and it can make all the difference!

Helpful Tips

Alternative consumer self-test device for early detection of breast cancer?
This may be an interesting personalized alternative for early detection to then be verified through Breast MRI/Mammography: Eclipse, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center