Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
OFF TOPIC BUT NEED PRAYERS!!!
brcansur posted:
Hello ladies I know this is off topic but I need your help and a lot of prayers right now! I know you all will help in your own way my friend Beth had to deliver her baby early she had a c section FRi yesterday at 8:33 a.m she had a little boy Kaiden James 4 lbs 14 oz 18 inches he is 7 weeks early we need some prayers for him. But I also need some big ones for mom too she had a hard time about 5 hours later and hemeraged pretty bad and lost a lot of blood. They are still waiting to see how her next blood work comes back to see if she is going to need more blood. I am doing all I can by being there and taking pictures of Kaiden for her so she can see that he is ok a few times a day. She has not been able to see him and I can go to the specail care nursery and see him. I am trying to do all I can but I feel they both need as many prayers as they can get so I am asking for your help. I have to admit this is one time I am not so strong I am scared more then I was when dx so please help me and help them. I am really scared and my heart is breaking seeing them like this I can't seam to stop crying this morning and I have to so I can go back to the hospital and be strong for them. thank you so much for your time and everything you have done and for me so far have a great day and weekend angel Hugs Roberta,
Roberta

rachael67 responded:
Dear Roberta, of course you and Mama and Kaiden James are all in our thoughts and prayers. I read a few of your other posts and seems you have a pretty full plate and even Mother Nature is adding woes to it. Please be careful driving, and be sure you take good care of YOU as well as the two in the hospital. You will not be able to aid them if you are not in good shape!

Taking the pics and showing them to the new mama sounds like the best kind of meds she can have at this point...Only better will be when she can see him in person and wrap her arms around his sweetness.

Please give them both gentle hugs from your Friends here...and remember to be good to you as well!

Blessings.
Rachael
Always listen for what is silent and see what is invisible...That's where miracles hide, and it can make all the difference!

GGrandmaJan replied to rachael67's response:
Oh Roberta, sending loads of prayers for Mama and baby Kaiden James and you. Am so sorry to hear of the early delivery. Please, do keep us up-dated as we are all so concerned. Remember to take extra care of yourself so you can help your friend and baby. Taking pics is a super idea to keep Mama a little calmer.

I am praying and sending healing thoughts to all of you. Be extra careful shoveling snow and hope you don't have a lot of it. Isn't there anyone you can call to help as you want to be careful of you?

I was wondering where you were for the last couple of days, but had no idea it was an early delivery. You all are in my thoughts. Please, tell your friend we are all thinking of her and Kaiden. Love the name.

Blessings.
Jan

Shell1007 replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Roberta,
Sending good thoughts & prayers to Beth, baby Kaiden and of course, you too gal.
What a good friend you are. The pics are a great idea. Hopefully she will be able to snuggle him soon.
Take care of yourself also.
Shell

jenna291 replied to Shell1007's response:
Roberta,
I am sending many prayers and well wishes to you, Beth and Kaiden along with all other family members. I am sorry for all you are going thru and trying to stay strong for everyone else. Please remember to take care of YOU. You must be sure to eat well and rest - I know its hard but so very important. I hope you have some help thru this stressful time. I know they were coming to stay with you after the baby was born, is there anyone else who can pitch in with some help?
Many prayers and hugs are coming your way and please update when you can.
Love, Jenna

judyfams replied to jenna291's response:
Roberta,
I will pray for Kaiden and his mom. I am sorry that you all are having such a traumatic time right now. You are such a wonderful and giving lady and deserve to have all your prayers answered especially at this time.
Please know that you, kaiden and his mom are in our thoughts and prayers.
Take care of yourself and let us know how mom and baby are doing.
Love,
Judy

brcansur responded:
Thank you so very much ladies all of your prayers must be magic because mom started feeling much better later in the afternoon and was able to go hold and feed Kaiden for the first time. And yes I cried like a baby again it was the most beaituful thing to see after all that they had been through and now they could cuddle and bond oh crap here I go again the tires of joy lol.lol. Ok at least now they are not tires of total fear ans nerves much better. So as you can see they are both doing better mom is still being watched to seeif she is going to need blood because she lost 2 units of blood. Baby Kaiden is just a fighter he has been doing very well from the start and just staying there so far. He has been eating from a bottle breast milk since 6 am Sat morning every 3 hours 1 teaspoon and keeping it down at each feeding. Today he will try taking it right from moms breast if she is feeling up to it and doctor says she is up to it another big plus for both of them.
I am doing good and yes I am listening to my body and resting in the lounge chair in the room off and on during the day and evening. Plus they have given me drinks ( none alcholic) darn it lol.lol I could have used some on Fri and I am eating not the food I am used to at home but I am eating. Oh and I did not shovel much at all just the very end of my drive way so I could get out of it. I figured what god put there he could take away lol.lol. It works for me !!!!! they are calling for 20's today 30's Mon and 40"s Tues so let it melt right !? Ok I am going to get going so I can get back to the hospital I will keep you all posted and thank you so much for all your support and prayer please keep them coming I feel they are helping all 3 of us. Have a great day ladies angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

rachael67 replied to brcansur's response:
What good news!!!!

Thanks so much for keeping up updated...As you could tell, we really were concerned, and pestering all the heavens!

With all the worries, we didn't even take time to send our congratulations to Mom and to you....Also, please tell little Kaiden "welcome to the world!!" And give them both gentle hugs from all of us!

Glad to hear you are not overdoing ...Continue to take care 'cause I have a feeling you aren't going to have much time to simply sit back and do nothing for quite some time!!

Blessings on all three of you.
Rachael

PS...Just installed a baby seat in Pinkie!!
Always listen for what is silent and see what is invisible...That's where miracles hide, and it can make all the difference!

cindy12345678 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,
I am glad they are feeling better. I will keep praying that
they do!
Cindy

brcansur replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael,
You just put a big smile on my face I actually forgot about PInkie a baby seat on Pinkie that sounds so funny but so dang cute at the same time lol. thank you now Kaiden has a lot of new friends and ladies that care about him and he doesn't even know them I love it and all of you thank you so very much.
I am doing well I slept 7 hours last night so feeling much better and I am eating and making sure to get my fluids in so taking care of myself also. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur responded:
Update Kaidaen is now der the blue light he is our blue light specail of the day lol.lol. He is a little yellow so he has to be under it for a while. Plus he has to be under a warmer agagn because he doesn't keep his body temp up on his own. But that is ok because everything else is good so we will take the little issues. Mom is doing well and coming home later this evening. They are going to keep her room for her as a boarder for free because Kaiden is still there this way if she feels tired she has a place to go and rest inbetween feedings and our visit time with him. She can even stay there over night if she feels she can't handle the ride home. She also gets all of her meals and drinks free the only thing they no longer do is her meds. This is great I am so happy they are doing this for her and I it will help so much not having to leave the hospital or have to sit in the lobby for 3 hours in between each feeding. Well I need to get there by ( for the next feeding will keep you all up dated have a great day and thank you again for everything angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

mhall6252 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta - so glad that things are going well. I'm sure the baby will be home in a few days. It's pretty normal for newborns to have a little trouble regulating their body temps, especially preemies. Sounds like everyone is in good hands!

Sending positive thoughts your way for mom and baby to be home together very soon.

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

brcansur responded:
Sorry didn't get on sooner but my server was giving me trouble all week and wouldn't let me on for the past 4 days. But here I am finally with a update and a really good one. Thank you all very much mom is home and feeling better each day, sleeping much better here then at the hospital. Kaiden is doing well he is gaining weight and eating like a little piglet he nurses then also takes a bottle of breast milk that's a boy for ya:) He is off the over head blue light just has the one under him now still a little yellow but not to bad. They took his I.V out just before his noon feeding yesterday very good news. So he is doing well.
I am doing pretty good just a little sore from sitting at the hospital all day and tired but much better then I was when there all the time. The weather is better here still cold and getting snow off and on but no more ice and sleet mixed in.
I am taking care of myself also eating and drinking and yes getting my sleep every night. We have cut down the time at the nursery from 6 am to 10 p.m. to 12 noon to 6 p.m. this way we get some rest in during the day and sleep at night. So we are not worn out when Kaiden comes home. If we feel more rested in a few days we may go in for a few extra feedings but we keep getting told to get some rest that they are taking good care of him and he is fine. Ok that is the up date we are all doing much better I will keep you all up dated and thank you so very much for all of your support and prayers angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

rachael67 replied to brcansur's response:
What agood report! Thanks for the update!!

It sounds like you and Mom are doing well in not only getting some rest, but also in storing up a bit of energy which you will need muchly once Kaiden comes home!! Good for you ladies!!!!!

Glad, also, that the weather is being more cooperative.

Hugs for all three of you.

Rachael

brcansur replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael,
Hello, Thank you for the support and all the prayers. I may have spoken to soon about the weather we got a storm that came in during the night but thank goodness it is only snow this time and cold very cold.
But at least this time around I am much more rested up and can deal with it better. How are you doing your way with all of this crazy weather? I am told it is supposed to get in the 40's by tuesday crazy if you ask me. Hope you are doing well and that your not having this nasty snow and all. Take care and be safe, stay warm. Talk to you again soon. Have a great weekend and a warm one I hope angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Helpful Tips

Alternative consumer self-test device for early detection of breast cancer?
This may be an interesting personalized alternative for early detection to then be verified through Breast MRI/Mammography: Eclipse, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center