Skip to content
Sensitive skin from chemo?
JLAMB26 posted:
Has anyone experience more sensitive skin after receiving chemo? I finished my chemo 11 months ago and hercecptin 4 months ago. My skin seems to be extemely sensitive, especially in the trunk and chest areas, to everything. I have a constant rash and pimple like soars. I did not experience this prior to my diagnosis. I recently switched to sensitive skin soap and laundry detergent but I have seen much change yet. Any thoughts? Do you think this is related to chemo?
Jennifer

brcansur responded:
Jennifer,
Hello, I too had and still have sensitive and dry skin I like you changed my soap and laundry detergent. I also have to put cocobutter cream on all the time to keep my skin from cracking. Best of luck angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Hi Jennifer,
I have had sensitive skin and more dry skin since I finished chemo too. I think some of it might be from Arimidex. My eyes and fingernails are also very dry. I am always using lotions and drinking water to stay hydrated. If I didn't do that I'm sure it would be even worse! Gold Bond lotion seems to help in the winter.

Good luck~ Jenna

Helpful Tips

Alternative consumer self-test device for early detection of breast cancer?
This may be an interesting personalized alternative for early detection to then be verified through Breast MRI/Mammography: Eclipse, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center