Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
SURVIVED SURVIVOR TRIP
bcdevil posted:
Well ladies, I had a great time with my brothers on our Florida trip. Got nice and tan and tried to relax as much as possible! Went to a Tiger ball game and had an excellent time. The sun felt great and the beaches were incredible. I highly reccomend Siesta Key Beach, the #1 beach in the USA for sure. White powder sand (my stuff is still full of it) My back gave me some issues, but i did my best to just ignore it. Have to gear up for my 1 yr celebration on St. Patty's Day! Yes, I WILL be having a corned beef dinner this year, not the saltine cracker I got last year. Anyway, glad to see spirits are high here. Keep it up, my favorite sheroes!!
Love, hugs, and of course, lucky shamrocks
Sandy
FirstPrevious12NextLast

rachael67 responded:
So glad to hear how well things went! Hope you soaked up enough sun to last until spring!

Enjoy the corned beef this year...and know we are celebrating as well...For St. Paddy and for YOU!

Blessings.
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

GGrandmaJan responded:
So happy you had a great time. Enjoy the corn-beef this year. You have a whole lot to Celebrate!!!!

Party---Hardy.

Glad to see you back tho. Missed you.

Fondly Jan

mhall6252 responded:
Glad you had a good time with good weather. I am in Ft. Lauderdale right now and we've seen nothing but rain, clouds and 25 mph sustained winds! The palm fronds are blowing straight out. It's supposed to improve tomorrow and it's about time. We've been here since Sunday and will return home next Tuesday. So there's time for the weather to shape up!

Get ready for that celebration, Sandy!
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

bcdevil replied to mhall6252's response:
Oh Michelle, I hope it clears up for you! I was lucky that today was 66 degrees, in Michigan! What a shocker, but I'm lovin it for sure! Of course in 2 days, it will be back in the 30s. So reality is about to show it's ugly face! Oh well, I'm still thankful for it <3 Enjoy your vacation girl, You deserve it!
Love, hugs and lucky shamrocks
Sandy

jenna291 replied to bcdevil's response:
Sandy,
So glad you enjoyed your much deserved trip!!!

Expecting to hit close to 70 in Boston today - yippee!!!
Out for a walk at lunchtime. I just hope all the spring flowers that are starting to creep up around here don't get too confused if it snows and go back into hiding! What a strange winter around here.

Michelle, I hope the weather gets better for you in Ft. L.

enjoy your day ladies~
Jenna

brcansur responded:
Sandy,
Hello glad to see you had a good time on your trip and good weather also that is great news. To bad that your back acted up some for you, but gald that you didn't let it get you down one tuff lady lol.lol So did you get the twins some attention how many times were you checked out with those nice new perky boobies ?!!come on you can tell us all about it we wont tell!! Now you are going to make us all want to go to Fl so we can get a nice starter tan too. Because we sure aren't going to get one around here sunny for one day out of the month maybe 2 days if we are really lucky lol.lol I am so very happy for you that you had a good trip you so needed it. Welcome home we missed you !!! Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle,
I hope the weather gets better for you so you can have some fun while on your trip and enjoy the sun shine that is what Florida is for sun shine and warm sandy beaches not clouds and rain Well anyway try and have some fun while away I am sure you will find something fun to do. You are like me you will find something for sure. Have a fun and safe trip see you back home soon angel hugs Roberta,,
Roberta

brcansur replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
I just loved the weather yesterday it was 69 and we were out all day long and went for a walk with the baby his first walk in his new stroller he loved it. Slept til we got home and came inside then wide awake and wanted to eat. He always wants to eat.lol.lol. It is in the 60's today but cloudy and supposed to rain later so staying in doing somethings around here. Need to finish painting around the window in Kaidens room then it is all done. Then all we have to do is finish putting his crib together and setting up his room. I just hope that the weather stays this way but they are calling for it to go back in the 30's over the weekend then back in the high 50's next week crazy if you ask me. I just want spring to come and stay. Have a great day enjoy your walks at lunch while you can angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

bcdevil replied to brcansur's response:
Jenna and Roberta,
It sure has been a strange winter! I have never lived thru one like this in my entire life! Maybe it's cuz it's my new life, lol. Anyway I wasnt gonna let this back issue bring me down on vacation. I just ate a muscle relaxer and moved on. Yes Roberta the twins got lots of attention, but some guy was very rude. He kept eyeing me and then said nice bust and I looked him straight in the eye and said "Glad you like em, my real ones tried to kill me" He very quickly (red faced) apologized. I guess he learned to never assume things about people. They do look good in a swimswuit, so i will be thanking my p.s. I see him on the 19th to discuss laser for scars, but he will prob give them more time to heal first. Anyway, i trust him. last time i see him he liked his own work and said these might go on his webpage. It's a good thing there isn't a face to them! I had to sign a consent before reconstruction to allow it, did you? I noticed green growth on my annuals. i sure hope we don't get a bad freeze and they die. Kinda funny that my little pink sweetheart rose bush never died, it actually has a bud on it in MICH!! I see it as a sign of new beginnings for me! Glad you are staying busy and healthy sweetie!!
Love, hugs, and lucky shamrocks
Sandy
Only 9 days till St Patty's Day! I feel so empowered by this. It's great to feel great. And I go to court on monday for disability for my back, so i'm hoping for a lucky turnout there also. I just know I'm gonna ball my eyes out rehasing all of this and the back issues, but I have no choice.

rachael67 replied to bcdevil's response:
We have crocus and daffodills popping up..in Michigan!

Kinda strange, but I'll take it!

Rachael
Maya Angelou

brcansur replied to bcdevil's response:
Sandy,
so the twins got attention that is a good sign that your ps did a good job. I am also proud of you for telling that rude dude that your real ones tried to kill you good for you !!! Make him feel like crap for that remark he deserved it. I go to the doctor for my back and neck on the 19 th and talk about the injections. I really don't want to start them yet the new meds he gave me are working and I can take them every 4 hours as needed so I think I am going to just do that for now and hold off on the injections for now. We will see what he says when I go next week.
I think the bud on your rose bush is a good sign for you and it is a new beginning for sure. So go out there into the world and live it to the fullest my friend and keep being you a strong, loving, caring lady. Stay positive.
I agree about this weather and flowers coming up already I hope they don't freeze other because they are so pretty and would hate to see them all get damaged because of this crazy weather. I am praying that they don't and that they are all strong and hold on tight and stay alive through this crazyness.
I can't wait for St Patty's Day and your big 1 year party Pinkie here I come to celebrate with you !!! I know you will do just fine come time to go to court just be you and do what you need to do to get the work done and get disability that is all you can do. If you cry so be it you are only let out your feelings of what all of this has done to you and your family this past year. Go into that court house feeling positive and knowing you have us ladies right there beside you for support and remember to breath. I am sending extra angel hugs everyday for comfort and strength so don't you worry you are covered. Now just relax and have a great weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

bcdevil replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,
Thank you and if you don't mind me asking, what kind of meds are helping your back? These shots are very painful and don's seem to help or last at all! I'm desperate at this point! Any kind of relief would be sooop appreciated!!
Love, hugs, and lucky shamrocks
Sandy

rachael67 replied to bcdevil's response:
Sandy, a good friend of mine has recently begun accupuncture and has found a bit of relief from this. Prior to this she has had PT, surgery, injections, pills, and I don't know what else. She is a very good patient (unlike me) and the fault of things not working can not be due to her not following orders. What works is probably more a matter of just where the trouble is and what is causing it. I hope you soon can find some relief...Back pain sucks big time!!

blessings.
Rachael
Maya Angelou

cindy12345678 replied to bcdevil's response:
Hi Sandy!
I am glad you were able to enjoy your vacation! I didn't
have to sign anything for pictures. My Ps doesn't do that.
I think it's good that alot do, because it helped to see
the pics on line . So we kind of know what to expect. Can
they treat the scars with laser?
Good luck with everything! I am sending lucky shamrocks
your way!
Love and hugs ,
Cindy

Helpful Tips

Alternative consumer self-test device for early detection of breast cancer?
This may be an interesting personalized alternative for early detection to then be verified through Breast MRI/Mammography: Eclipse, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center