Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Brain Tumor
lukeperry posted:
Hi Guys,

Remember me, the one who got to move into Heavenly Apartments? I just finished my breast cancer treatments about 8mo. ago?

Well I had a MRI Friday, and they found a brain tumor! It's called a meningioma and it's on my left side, in the back. I know that I should be feeling something, fear, or something, but I don't. I'm not in denial, I know that I have it, but I'm not scared. It's like, after you hear somebody tell you that you have cancer,(now that scared the crap out of me) no other words can scare you.

Has anybody else on here had breast cancer and then got a brain tumor? How did you feel when you heard it, and what happens next? Thank you.

Luke
FirstPrevious12NextLast

rachael67 responded:
Aw, Luke! Crap!!! I am so sorry to hear your news. One major quesion...Has it been biopsied as yet? I do know many meningiomas are benign. In fact, I have a cousin who has one at the back of her brain...It has been there for years and years. It is benign and they keep a watch to check its growth.

My DH had a meningioma at the top of his spine years ago which, fortunately, was found to be benign as well, and was completely removed without incident. (He had quite a bit of trouble prior to his diagnosis including much debilitating pain, etc.)

I am sending tons of good thoughts your way that yours is not malignant, and is addressed with the least amount of difficulity and stress. Please feel us with you!

Blessings and blue-sky days in abundance!!
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

lukeperry replied to rachael67's response:
Thanks Rachael,

They don't know if it's benign or not. But, it wasn't there a year ago. I had a MRI, one yr. ago, and there wasn't any growth. I just called my Oncologist and left a message, telling him. I probably should have called him Mon., but I didn't feel like talking about it then. I was at the hospital for a different reason and while I was there, they wanted me to get a MRI, that's how I found out. Some stranger doctor came up and told me. Now, I'm suppose to get another MRI in 3mo., but I don't think that doctor knew that I'd had breast cancer. I guess I'll learn more tomorrow, when my Onco. calls me. Thanks again, for your kind words.

Luke

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to lukeperry's response:
(((hugs))) to you luke! I'm sorry you are facing this - please keep us updated!

Sending positive thoughts your way....

Haylen

jenna291 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Luke,
So sorry to hear this news. Were you having any symptoms that prompted the head mri?
Please let us know what your oncologist says, and I along with the other ladies are sending you good thoughts and many prayers and hugs.
~ Jenna

mhall6252 responded:
(((Hugs)))

I hope it's benign and all will be OK.
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

maybembt replied to lukeperry's response:
Luke,
Any news from your Onco.? Please keep us informed. There are many here that are standing with you. I am praying for you.
Blessings, Marybeth

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

lukeperry replied to maybembt's response:
Thank you everybody,

Thanks for taking the time to write me. I found out that my new neurologist is waiting for my old MRI and the latest one to be faxed to there office, plus all the other info. Then the group (about 6 doctors) of doctors are going to read everything, and they will call me next week. To let me know how they want to precede. They will tell me if they need to see me right away, have another MRI done now, wait, or give me some kind of medication.

What made me get the MRI, was something was wrong with my speech last week, and they thought it might be a stroke. It wasn't a stroke, it was a tumor, damn it!

Anyway, I feel much better after calling the neuro. They are getting things done, and finding out everything. I couldn't be happier! I felt all alone, wondering what I was going to do. Now I have hope! Yipee! Love all of you, and God bless all of you!

Luke

rachael67 replied to lukeperry's response:
So glad to hear you are feeling more positive and that you have a super team! Our prayers and thoughts continue to come your way. Spend what I fear will seem a very long weekend focusing on things that bring you beauty and joy...It's a good place to wait!

Many blessings and blue-sky days,
Rachael
Maya Angelou

lukeperry replied to rachael67's response:
Thanks Rache,
You learn about waiting, once you've had cancer. We all get use to it! I had to learn doctor patients 1 1/2yrs. ago, when I was first diagnosed. We all had to wait in the stupid waiting room, to see our doctor, then wait in his little room, for him to come in. Then we had to wait (FOREVER) for test results, lab results, chemo line, and radiation line!

All of us have probably waited for more minutes, during our treatments, then in our whole life! Did I say that right? I'm confused ALL the time. I use to blame it on chemo brain, now I can blame it on tumor brain. Some of these things come in handy, when your a forgetful person!

It's a beautiful day here in Jacksonville. I hope all of you are feeling well today, and that nobody is throwing up. I just prayed a quick prayer for that one. I love all of you and always pray for you! You are the best people that I know! Always caring about stranger's, always helping us when we think we can't take anymore. You all are the GREATEST, in my book!
Luke
p.s.For those of you wondering, that cute baby picture, is my daughter. She's 40yrs. old now.

rachael67 replied to lukeperry's response:
Correction, Luke...We do not pray for strangers.....We pray for Friends!!!

Blessings.
Rachael
Maya Angelou

jenna291 replied to rachael67's response:
Hi Luke,
I am with Rachael, wer are all very special friends here, with a bond like no other. We all understand how hard this process is and all the anxiety associated with the initial diagnosis.

Anxiously await your update and prayers are coming your way.

Love,
Jenna

brcansur replied to lukeperry's response:
Luke,
So sorry to hear your news, But your attitude is postive and that is good your a strong women and know we are all here for you. I am sending all positive vibes your way and wishing for all the best and good news from all your doctors. It is good to know that all of your doctors are working together to figure this out and what to do next.It sounds like you are in good hands and have caring doctors. That should put your mind at ease some to know this. May you have a great week and try not to worry we are here for you and from the looks of it so are your doctors. Angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

miri47 responded:
25 years ago I had thyroid cancer and now I have breast cancer. Was operated on both sites, now I'm going to have radiotherapy, have an appointment with the radiotherapist day after tomorrow.
Best health wishes to you.

maybembt responded:
Luke,
We are still praying for you. What is the latest? Remember we are always here for you.
Blessings, Marybeth

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

Helpful Tips

Alternative consumer self-test device for early detection of breast cancer?
This may be an interesting personalized alternative for early detection to then be verified through Breast MRI/Mammography: Eclipse, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center