Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Good Report!
jenna291 posted:
Hi ladies,

Just want to share I just had my mammogram and it was negative/normal. I am breathing a little easier now and am celebrating with a giant hot fudge sundae, extra hot fudge!!!

God willing, this August I will be 5 years done with treatment, although I will have an extra 2 years the docs added for the Arimidex, which is fine if it keeps me cancer-free.

Thank you always for your kindness and support.
xo
Jenna

rachael67 responded:
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many congratulations...Order up a hot fudge sundae for me too!

Blessings.
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

jenna291 replied to rachael67's response:
You got it girl!!!

Thank you!
Jenna

Shell1007 responded:
Jenna,
WooHoo !!
Hot fudge sundae huh? I like that ! YUM
Got a question for you...did you do tamoxifen then switch to Arimidex ? I have been on Tamoxifen for over a year. Had my 3mos check up yesterday & they did blood work. Prob switching me to a different med now...I was pre menopausal before BC.
Take care,
Shell

judyfams replied to Shell1007's response:
Jenna,
Love to hear such great news here. After 5 years and that super news - you are ONLY having a hot fudge sundae?????
I hope I have the same outcome when I go for my 6 mos. mammo in April. I am having a 3D mammo - newly approved by the FDA and my facility has one!
It's only been 2 years for me since my surgery in 3/10.
So glad that you are doing so well!
Judy

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
YEA and YUM!

So happy for you Jenna (((HUGS)))

Haylen

brcansur responded:
Jenna,
That is great news and almost 5 years even more great news. Now I would be making that a brownie hot fudge sundae extra whipped cream for me lite on the fudge Now you are making hungry for ice cream and brownies not good !!! Ok I just have to get a cup of coffe and try not to think about it I will put some cocoa in it maybe that will help. lol.lol. mmmm better Have a great day and celebrate all weekend you deserve it !!! Angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

bcdevil replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
your news just made my day even better! I am so happy for you and I pray we all stay in the clear! You enjoy all the sundaes you want girl! You totally deserve it! I will celebrate for both of us tomorrow. Lucky shamrocks girl....all the way!
Love, hugs, and lucky shamrocks
Sandy

jenna291 replied to bcdevil's response:
Hi Shell, I was pre-menopausal when I started chemo, then was "medically induced" once the infusions started. I never got another period. I went on Tamoxifen until I was 3 years without a period, then was switched to Arimidex. New studies show that staying on the meds for a total of 7 years is now more beneficial. Do they really know? I don't know but at the moment if that is what they feel is best for me its what I'll do. My symptoms from the Arimidex are minor, occasional headaches and bone aches, but not a lot and sometimes weeks go by with no obvious symptoms.

Thank you all for your well wishes. The sundae was super yummy, lots of fudge and whipped cream. I would have them more often if it weren't for the darned calories!!!

I hope you all have a super weekend. Sandy, you can have a cold one for me girl!

thanks again -
love, Jenna

rachael67 replied to jenna291's response:
Celebratory sundaes do not have calories, Silly!

Blessings.
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

brcansur replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael,
Oh I love that thought I am so going to remember that next time I am celebrating lol.lol. YEAAAA !!!!!
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
That is awesome news that celebratory sundaes have no calories! yay! The next one gets extra on the whipped cream too!!! LOL

~ Jenna

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center