Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!
bcdevil posted:
Happy lucky shamrock day to all my fellow pink sheroes! When I reflect on where I was one year ago at this very moment, when my body was being torn apart, I'm thankful that I found all of you! Thank you for all your advice and continued support. I feel so strong today to be celebrating one year cancer free! I hope abd pray that you all experience this feeling, as it's like no other! God bless each and every one of you! Stay strong and Don't back down!
Love, hugs and lucky shamrocks
Sandy
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Shell1007 responded:
Shamrock Sandy,
Congratulations on your 1 year cancer free anniversary !!
I know it was a hard one, but it will only get better. We are all so much stronger than we could have ever imagined.
I hope you have a great time celebrating today...Have a couple for me Shell

mhall6252 responded:
Congratulations,Sandy! It has been quite a year and like you, I'm glad to be on the other side of the worst of it.

Enjoy your good health!

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

brcansur responded:
Sandy,
Hope you had a great St Patty's Day and one year celebration it is the best feeling when that first year comes and then the next and so on and now I am on 4 years and it is so good to be looking forward to 5 years next year. Yes it is a great feeling and so happy you got to enjoy it finally and many more years to come my friend many more !!!! Don't stop celebrating life, do it everyday by do something you enjoy. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Hi Sandy,
I hope you did lots of celebrating!

Enjoy and here comes a virtual bouquet of fragrant spring flowers for you to put on your table!!!

xo
Jenna

bcdevil replied to jenna291's response:
Thank you ladies!
Yes, I did celebrate. My whole family went to a local pub and had a few green ones. Today is back to reality, visiting my p.s. to see if any revision is needed. hoping now, but will go with whatever he says. Very, very foggy here in MI, so this should be a long interesting ride. My back is not looking forward to it....Love, hugs, and lucky shamrocks
Sandy

brcansur replied to bcdevil's response:
Sandy,
Glad to hear you had a good day and celebrated with your family good for you. Hope all went well with your ps appt and that your back wasn't to bad on your trip there and back home. I know how those rides can be on the back a real pain.
I went to the pain management doctor March 19 and he is not letting me put off the injection any longer. He said the pain pills are not doing the job he was hoping they would my pain level should not be what it is and I should not still be having the headaches or neck and low back pain if they where working. I jusy don't want to have to go through that kind of pain and needles is why I have been putting them off. I am a big baby when it comes to them. I am going on April 2 for the low back and April 16 for the neck not looking forward to them at all. Just hoping they work because if not will not get any more of them that is for sure. I told him that also lol.lol. I am not going to go through that pain for nothing no way no how. So crossing my fingers that they work and not going through all of this for nothing. Are you still getting the injections for your back and if so are they working at all ? I sure hope they helped you some.
Have agreat day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

bcdevil replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,
the first injection helped for about a month, but the last 2 injections did nothing but give me spinal headaches! i think they are hit or miss, but i don't want any more steroids in my body. I'm just gonna try my own therapy to strengthen my back. the warm weather has helped somewhat, so I'm focusing on the positive. Can't wait to go swimming cuz I know that helps alot!
At any rate, I woke up Sunday and thought...I'm going on being a 2 yr cancer survivor so I think I've got the right mentality. Went to p.s. yesterday and he suggested i try this silicone sheeting for my scars. He said that tends to work even better than laser therapy. It was 42$ for a small sheet, but each strip you cut can last up to 2 weeks and i'm willing to give it a shot for sure. He also said the mri's aren't necessary unless my breast surgeon or oncologist suspect something is amiss. He said implants are much better than they used to be, so unless you have a problem mri's are not routinely ordered. i'm glad cuz i'm not so sure all these xrays, cats, and mri's isn't what got me into this mess in the first place. That is just my personal opinion because I've had alot between my bell's palsy and this back issue. Trying to do things a more natural way lately.
Love, hugs, and lucky shamrocks
Sandy

Sandy,
Thank you for that info I am still kind of thinking I really don't want the injections I am checking a few things out still before havine them. Like a few of my meds say not to get shots like the flu shot or any injections while on them and then my heart meds say I could get infections very easy so that also has me thinking. I am going to check with my doctors and see what they think I should do before getting the injection on the 2. Plus like you I don't know if I want steroids in my body is it worth it. I have gotten so used to being in pain now that I could just keep doing what I have been doing.
i wish you all the best with the breast scares and healing I hope what ever you decide to use works for you. I know what you mean about the scares and how they look. I am still thinking about getting a cheery bloosom tree and humming bird tattooed on mine that way I have something colorful and pretty to look at every time I see my breast not a scar. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta oh and Kaiden send hugs and Kisses
Roberta

cindy12345678 replied to brcansur's response:
Hi Roberta, and Sandy,
I hope you both get out of pain. Back pain can be miserable.
I know what you mean about the scars. I go back to the PS
in june. I didn't know they could do anything about the scars.
I don't know I I will do anything. I really am happy with the
tatoos. I was really sore from all the shots he gave me. A
little overkill I think! I am just glad to be done.
I hope you both feel better!
Love and hugs Cindy

bcdevil replied to cindy12345678's response:
Cindy,
When i went to p.s. last week, he told me to try this silicone sheeting stuff. It's like a sheet of contact paper. You just cut a piece off like, like a steri strip and put it on scars. Each piece can last 2 weeks, which is good, cuz it was like 40$ for a 4x6 in strip of it. It's called mepiform and you can buy it online even cheaper. So far it seems to at least be smoothing the scars out and they are slightly fading.
I tried to just pick up winter debris outside since it was so nice in michigan, but i'm paying for it with this back. I'm gonna hate not being able to make my yard look pretty. Going to plant alot of hostas since they are so low maintenance. Just have to make more changes so it's manageable for me. Today is my daughter's 25th bday, exactly half my age, so we are going to celebrate! Have a great weekend!
Love, hugs, and lucky shamrocks
Sandy
p.s. We are on or way to being 2 year survivors! Lovin it!

brcansur replied to cindy12345678's response:
Hello Cindy,
Thank you and I also hope this back pain gets better soon I want to be out in my yard doing gardening not sitting on my butt watching everyone else out there doing it in there yards. I want my yard to look nice also but sometimes I just can't keep it up so I don't plant a lot of flowers. I do have some flwoering bushes now that are really pretty out front with big pinkish purple flowers on them called hydrangias don't know if spelled right opps lol.lol. They are so pretty and easy to take care of and do really well in my yard. Then I have my roses in the back yard so I am doing ok I guess for now but would like to have some others in between them. We shall see what happens this year and what I can keep up with. I always do a veggie garden though and that is a lot of work also but I try. Have a great day and weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Sandy,
Do you know if it would work on older scares like over a year old and then my newer scar it should right?! I am thinking it couldn't hurt to try it out. Mine have been cut into so many times I would do anything to get them to fade a little and look better then they do now. Plus they pucker some also not pretty that is for sure. But then again these boobs aren't pretty anyway not that I thought they would be but at least look better then this for what we had to go through don't ya think! Oh well I am a live and here to talk about it so that is a very good thing now just to get them to fade would be good. So I may try it out also and see what happens. I also use cocobutter on mine and it does work but I guess I just want them not to show at all. Or to where I don't see them any more will that ever happen for any of us, I think even if they are faded we will still see them. Like a person with an eating disorder see fat when they are thin very thin we see our scares. I think We just have to stay positive and happy that we are here and with our loved ones and that they are just marks of our battle and we won and kicked cancers butt for sure!!!! That is a good way to look at it hey your one year and one your way to 2 great.
Now wish your daughter a very Happy Birthday and have a great time celebrating 25 was a good age still young but an adult. Have a great weekend angel hugs to you all Roberta,
Roberta

bcdevil replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,
Sorry I haven't been on. unfortunately a friend of my daughters committed suicide at 19 years old, and it has been very hard around here. We were close with the family, as they have 5 kids and 3 of them were my kids ages. It has been very, very hard to accept and deal with. i think the silicone strips work on old and new scars. Google mepiform and read up on it. will be back tomorrow, as I'm mentally and physically drained. hard to understand a 19 year old throwing his life away, while we all fight for ours. Stay strong girl!
Love, hugs and lucky shamrocks
Sandy

Sandy,
I am so sorry to hear about your daughters friend it isn't going to be easy to wrap your heads around or even understand it now or later on down the round. I have had the same thing happen in my life a family member and friends taking their lives it is never something you understand or get over. But it does get better as times goes by please know my prayers are with you and your family plus your daughters friends family. This time is going to be hard but it will get better just be there for your daughter she is going to need you very much right now. I know you are her rock and her hero so you will know what to do for her to comfort her and give her guidence when she needs it. Know that I am here for you if you need someone to talk to any time just a phone call away no matter what. Give your daughter a hug from me and I am sending her a lot of angel hugs for strength and comfort along with yours. Try and get some rest Stay strong and positive Roberta,
Roberta

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center