Skip to content
ROBERTA AND JUDY???
bcdevil posted:
Anyone hear from these two? I'm worried
Sandy
FirstPrevious12NextLast

brcansur responded:
Sandy,
Hello and good morning, I am sorry to worry you but by the time I got home on Mon afternoon I was so tired I just didn't have the energy to come on line and or call anyone. I just changed and layed down then went to bed early.
I am doing fine and didn't need to get blood after all thank god for that but then again maybe I should have gotten some because it probably would give me more energy.
Ok all of the blood work came back good nothing wrong with my blood cancer markers good the only thing it showed was my vit D and iron are low. I am happy that she didn't find anything but at the same time still wondering what is causing me to lose weight the way I am. I am glad I am losing weight as long as it is not because of any health reason. She seams to think it maybe my fibro acting up causing the low energy but the weight lose no idea.I go back to she her in June and we see how everything is then. She want's me to take an extra vit D and to take iron for a few weeks and if I am not feeling better to call my primary doctor and get in to she her. So that is all I know for now not much more then before I went in for the results except that it isn't cancer because my cancer markers are good. I am going to wait till the end of the week and see if I feel any better and if not call my primary and get in to see her. Maybe she can figure out something a reason for feeling like this and the weight lose so fast that is my main worry not the low energy. That happenes with fibro but the weight never for me. Ok well have to go the little piglet wants to eat will talk to you later and let you know what I hear and how I am doing have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
P.S. I am so sorry for making you worry
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,
I am so happy that your cancer markers are good, thank God!
Maybe the vitamin D and ion will make you more energetic and you will feel like eating more and moving around more.

You have been thru so much lately and having a baby around, even though it is so wonderful, is tiring too, for sure!

Please keep us posted and as always, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Enjoy your day,
Jenna

rachael67 replied to brcansur's response:
Good to hear about the cancer markers! Now hope with the D and iron things will begin to swing around. And, yes do make an appointment with the primary if things don't switch. If nothing else it will help to have "other" things ruled out as well!

Take care and many blessings.
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

judyfams replied to jenna291's response:
Roberta,
So glad to hear that your cancer markers are good. Hopefully yu will raise your vit D and iron which will help with the fatigue and your appetite.
Take care of yourself so you can have the energy so you can take care of Kaiden!
I just came back from my biopsy. Am icing it for 30 min. every hour and taking tylenol since it is now getting painful as the lidocaine is wearing off. So just feel a little battered and bruised at the moment, but am fine otherwise.
I found out that the area biopsied had calcifications which are usually 85% benign. So hopefully I will fall into that category when I get the results of the biopsy in a few days. I will let you all know the results as soon as I get them.
Thank you for all your prayers - they really menat alot to me. So now I enter phase 2 of the waiting game!
Best to all,
Judy

rachael67 replied to judyfams's response:
Dear Lady In Waiting....Glad one thing is over but we all know that the waitring is far more "painful" emotionally!

We're huddling around and holding out our hands for support! Rest and be kind to yourself!

Blessings.
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

bcdevil replied to rachael67's response:
Roberta,
So happy you got good results. Low iron and vitamin D will definately zap your energy. It's very common in places that experience all four seasons and don't get daily sunshine. Make sure you rest and take care of yourself first! That has to be #1 if you want to be around to watch sweet Kaiden grow up! Remember that.
Judy,
Glad the biopsy is over and I'm praying you are in the 85% group for sure. Keep the ice on and try to just relax with a good book or movie. Find a good one so it completely absorbs your thoughts and time. We are all pulling for good news here. You have been thru enough! Thinking of you!
Love, hugs, and lucky shamrocks,
Sandy

judyfams replied to bcdevil's response:
Sandy,
Hang in there! I know that pain as I had a spinal epidural last year so I really feel for you! Yes the pain is awful, but hopefully this injection will give you the relief you sooo deserve!
Just thought I'd pass along a funny story about today. They wanted me to wear a sports bra today, tonight and tomorrow instead of the bra I wore to the facility. They sell them there so i bought one and the nurse said she would stay with me to help me put it on, because the incision had steri strips over it which was then covered with gauze - so she said I had to be careful putting it on. So I took i tout of the bag and proceeded to put it on backwards! It had no defined cups or underwires - it looked like a tube top with straps! As you can probably guess athletics are not my strong point - but in my defense the front looked the same as the back and I just assumed the nice Champion brand label went in the front!
It felt good to laugh!
Judy

bcdevil replied to judyfams's response:
Judy,
I'm glad you could laugh and I guess that's our way of dealing with stressful issues. Sometimes, when I do that, people look at me like I'm nuts. Then I just remind them, i lost my boobs, not my sense of humor! Way to go girl, I'm proud of you! Powerful prayers out to you today and always...
Love, hugs, and lucky shamrocks

Sandy

jenna291 replied to bcdevil's response:
Judy,
I love your story and good for you - somehow thru all this we have to keep our sense of humor!!!!

keeping all close and in my prayers -
Jenna

GGrandmaJan replied to jenna291's response:
Oh No, Judy. How funny is that!!! Good for you to find your sense of humor. Wishing you much relaxing and pain free hours.

I guess the 2 of us think a like. After I went to the lymphedema clinic some yrs back she suggested a sports bra also. Yep, you guessed it. I had the thing on backwards also but not upside down like I had first tried it. LOL. It was really hard to get out of the dang thing. I called DH in to help me get out of it. I was laughing so hard and he was yelling "Stand Still". Oh What we ladies go thru. I love sports but only to watch them. I am not a sports lady what-so-ever. Never knew they had sports bras.

Sending prayers and a big bouquet of yellow daffodils your way. Try your best to find something fun to do while you are "Lady in Waiting!! Which sucks big time.

Fondly
Jan

GGrandmaJan replied to bcdevil's response:
Roberta,

So happy you got some good results. Yes, low Vit D can cause some low energy. Hopefully the iron and D will hep you feel much better, but it is going to take time for it all to start working. I hope your Dr. gave you a script for it as the stuff we buy over the counter just isn't strong enough to work good. At one time my Onc Dr had me on 50,000 IU of D. I perked up within a week. Didn't know I was low on it.

Best of luck on getting your energy back and to feeling good again. You need to feel good for taking care of Kaiden and for yourself.

Sending Angel hugs back at you.

Fondly
Jan

brcansur responded:
Hello all here is a up date I am feeling better and doing a little more each day but not over doing it. I am still a little tired but not taking 3 naps a day yeah for that I can keep my eyes opened now so feel much better. I am eating some meat to help with the iron not the greatest for the tummy but will do it if it is going to help. Plus taking the extra vit D and iron pills about 3 times a week.
I haven't been on here because my on line service is acting up again and keeps going out on me but will do my best to keep you all up dated. I am going to call my primary on Mon just for a follow up and see what she thinks I should do. Thank you all for your support and prayers it is great to know I have you all beside all the way. I had some fun on Pinkie also thank you for the nerve busters it helps just knowing you are all beside me and there for a good laugh when I need it. Have a great day and weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to judyfams's response:
Judy,
So glad to hear you did well for the biopsy and that story about the sports bra so very funny They can be so hard to get on and then to make sure it is on right boy what a job.lol.lol I am just glad you could get out of it to make it right lol.lol So good to see you still have your sense of humor that is great.
Thank you for all your support and kind words I am so glad and happy to have people like you on my side during times like these. Now just make sure to take care of you and get some rest. I know how this waiting game is I am still wondering why I am losing weight. But you know what at least it isn't anything that has to do with cancer or my blood so it can't be anything to bad. So you know what I will just be happy that it is finally coming off anf enjoy it because you never know when it is going to stop or turn around on me. Oh no I shouldn't have said that but I didn't say it outloud so maybe that nasty weight gene or what ever it is didn't hear that lol.lol. It is going to stay off and I am going to stay nice and happy and thin like I was before this beast hit !! Ok go rest now and take care have a great day and weekend and the waiting game will be over before you know it. Kepp telling yourself I am the 85%. Angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

cindy12345678 replied to brcansur's response:
Hi!
I am glad everyone is doing better!Roberta I hope you
stay healthy skinny and judy I am glad everything went ok.
Cindy

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center