Skip to content
Neuro Update
bcdevil posted:
Well seen a new surgeon today. He doesn't feel I'm old enough or my body is ready enough for another major surgery, so the orders are 6 weeks of p.t, massage therapy and acupuncture. HAP is going to have to pay for it now, as it was scripted to me. So I'm hoping this gives me some relief. The last shot only helped 10 days, and I started to feel really bloated, puffy and just not myself. Steroids just don't agree with me. I think the risks are too much for me to handle, so I hope this new plan works for sure! Real curious to see if these shots have affected my kidney and liver panel test that are coming in a few weeks! Hope everyone is well and that eventually Spring will actually come!!
Love, hugs and lucky shamrocks,
Sandy

Shell1007 responded:
Sandy,
My sister has done acupuncture & swears by it.
Maybe the combination of all 3 things your new Dr prescribed for you will do the trick . I will be keeping my fingers crossed . It is about time you got some relief - you deserve it
Do you really think Spring will arrive sometime soon?
Have a great weekend
Shell

judyfams replied to Shell1007's response:
Sandy,
Hoping the new treatment combo works for you. You REALLY, REALLY need some relief from all the pain you have been through!
As I posted to you before the epidural spinal injections did not work for me - but the pt finally did. It took a while - 3 months three times a week. That was almost a year ago and all is still good. Hope you have success - will keep my fingers crossed for you and pray that you will soon be pain free!!!!!
Much love,
Judy

brcansur responded:
Sandy,
I am so glad that you have some news that may help you finally and that the insurance has to pay for it is about time. I know what you mean about the injections mine stoped working too my back is back to hurting just like it did before the injection I don't think I am going to get any more of them not worth the risk or the pain of having them. I didn't know they could effect the liver or kidneys. Could that be what caused my liver counts to go up for a while then back to normal? Plus my kidneys have cyst on them ever since chemo could these make them worse? I don't need any more problems then I already have I have enough already really !! You and I both have enough we don't need any more going on in our life or health.
I wish you all the best and am hoping and praying that this is the one for you and it works. I will be sending the angels your way everyday and my prayers hope it works for you my friend.
Have a great day and weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

bcdevil replied to brcansur's response:
Well ladies, that was short lived! The p.t. place he wanted me to go to doesn't take HAP and the acupuncture place doesn't take it either! so I'm back to square one and I'm so depressed. Still haven't gotten a decision from Soc Sec, so I can't afford to get treatments when I'm only working 45 min a day. I thought for once, I was finally going to get some natural help to reduce the pain, but they just don't care! I can't do any more steroid shots, I haven't felt right since the last one and I'm swelling, bloated and gaining weight which is just adding to my pain, so I'm definately not getting another! Hoping for some miracle to happen real soon. Yes, Roberta steroids are very hard on your kidneys and liver. I will be having a panel run in a few weeks and I'm hoping there isn't any damage from the shots. I just know they are making me sicker. This is the same way i felt when i had to take them for bell's palsy. I have learned to listen to my body, I just wish my insurance co. would listen to me.
Have a great weekend
Love, hugs, and lucky shamrocks
Sandy

rachael67 replied to bcdevil's response:
I am assuming you have looked over the "Tips" on the right side so I won't suggest you look for your "miracle" there!

Please call the cdoctor who directed you to these places and let him/her know what happened! Sometimes they have other options to offer which might honor the HAP. Or they might know of a Patient Advocate who could offer you some direction.

Meanwhile please know you remain in our thoughts! Hope the weekend offers some pleasant distractions if not relief from pain!!

Blessings.
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

judyfams replied to rachael67's response:
Sandy,
Trysearching this website
http://www.healthcare.gov
They have info on Pre-existing Condition Insurance (PCIP). You can also find out what health insurance is available in your state and who is eligible. Search the website and hopefully you will find something to help you.
Good luck,
Judy

cindy12345678 replied to bcdevil's response:
Sandy and roberta,
I hope you both feel better soon. You have both been
through enough!
Cindy

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center