Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hello I am back Roberta
brcansur posted:
Hello I am sorry if I worried any one I got a few e mail of concern because I have not been on here for a while. I have been having some issues with my computer the service I use is acting up again and doesn't let me on the internet and then sometimes when it does it just decides to go right back off when I am in the middle of sending a post or e mail to someone. That is why you have not seen me on here but I have been here just not able to reply do to my service acting up. I am trying again today and hope that it stays on long enough for me to post all of my messages to all of you. I am doing fine feeling much better then last time I have spoke to all of you. My energy is getting better also. Doing a lot more outside weather is great here in the 70's and 80's. All of my doctors appts are done and everything came back good just low in vit D and iron so taking tabs for them and eating food rich in them also seams to be working. Cancer markers are very good and nothing shower actually. So that is a good thing all good till next check up in june to recheck everything and see how the vit D is and the iron. The weight has stayed the same for now no more lose in the past few days so I am happy about that I think 13 pounds in 3 weeks was enough for now all I need to do now is tone up the muscles and I will be all set for summer. So that is what has been going on with me lately oh and keep busy with the little man Kaiden is doing fine also getting very big he is now 4 months old and has his appt tomorrow will let you all know his weight and how long he is now. Have a great day angel hugs to all Roberta,
P.S. again sorry if I had you worried.
Roberta
FirstPrevious12NextLast

rachael67 responded:
Welcome home, Roberta! Yes, you have been missed, but I am glad to hear that if anything was ailing in your house, it was the computer and no humans!!

Glad, also to hear that your energy is returning!! You've too many things you enjoy doing to be limited!!

Blessings.
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

mhall6252 responded:
Good to hear from you, and glad things are going well for all of you!
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

jenna291 replied to mhall6252's response:
Roberta,
I am so glad you are feeling better! That is wonderful and of course getting outside makes us all feel better.
I can't believe Kaiden is already 4 months. Yikes, he must be so adorable at this stage.

So glad to see you back -
Jenna

kiwiallright responded:
Hi Roberta,

How are things going, glad that all is well. I would try a new service provider, if I was having problems like it seems that you are having I would be calling them every day to complain to them.

Glad that you are able to be outside as I feel much better when I can be out there, mind you have company this week so not much getting done out there. But there is always next week,

Hope all is well

Love to all

Mary

brcansur replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael,
Thank you so much and no humns ailing here lol just this darned computer service again I keep calling and get told they were doing work on the lines and it should be working just fine now call if I have any more troubles. I sure will because it seams to happen every few months for about a week or two off and on. But now it is working again and I am able to post and send e mails again so far better not say it out loud lol.lol.
Every one here is doing good I am feeling much better energy is getting better still get tired if I do a lot in one day but that is normal for me now. I am getting used to it now so limit what I do in one day as to not get to worn out. Don't want to over do it and make myself sick all over again. I need my energy to get out for walks, gardening, and some small hikes it is that time of year. Maybe even some road trips this summer.

Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle,
Thank you and yes we are doing well I am feeling much better finally and doing a little more each day just taking it slow so I don't over do it and get sick all over again. Baby steps is what I am taking building my strength back up a little at a time but having fun doing. I have this little man helping me out with that he gets me moving when I would just rather sit and do nothing lol. Thank god for babies at times like these because I wouldn't be feeling this good if he wasn't here I would still be sitting on my chase just resting all day. He give me a reason to get up and move and want to get out each day that it is nice out that is a great thing.
Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
Thank you yes I am feeling much better thanks to my little man helping get up and moving more each day. He puts a smile on my face and helps me feel like getting out on those nice days and going for walks. It sure does help make me feel better when I do get out even if it is for a short walk because I don't have the energy for a long one it is still a walk and I got out.
Yes he is 4 months old now he went to the Doctors on the 17 his weight is 13 lbs 4.5 oz and he is 25 1/2 inches long he is going to be a tall boy for sure. The Doctor was very happy with his weight and said he is doing very good and did a big growth jump from his last visit. He is now on 2 tablespoons of cereal 2 times a day if he does good with that for a week he then can start on orange veggies like sweet potatoes, carrots, squash then if that is good for a week he goes onto fruits like bananas and apples pears. I am going to make my own baby food much better and I will know what is in it plus these are all foods that we eat any way so it is always in the house it will save money also. Well that is the up dates so far every one is doing very well lately and happy now that I am feeling better things are going back to normal that is a big plus for me.
We are going out Sat to a BBQ for luch with friends then to the Zoo at 5 til 8 one of the Doctors offices does this every year and we are invited so decided to go this year. Sunday hoping to get some yard work done we shall see going to be in the 80's all weekend starting today it is so nice and sunny may end up out someplace else lol.lol. Have a great day and weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to kiwiallright's response:
Mary,
Thank you, Oh I am doing much better as you can see getting out and about much more love being outside doing things with friends and going for walks. When I am outside I feel so much better and happy I don't like being inside all the time it gets to me after a while. I have plans on Sat but hoping to get the yard work done on sun but you know me if something more fun comes up with freinds I am going lol.lol. So we shall see what happens but I do have to get to it here soon or it will never get done till the day I plant my veggies not good !!! I really need to just say no! and get my self in my garden and get it done is what I need to do! It will only take me a day to do my garden and all my weeding of my flowerbeds so I need to stop putting it off and get it all done. Then it would look nice and be done so I can enjoy the rest of the summer without worring about it I just need to keep it up after that easy job. Oh well happy gardening to ya have a great day and weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,
You are sure ambitious to make your own baby food! Wow, that is really awesome. You are right at least you know what is going into it, and I am sure it will save money.
Enjoy your bbq - sounds like a lot of fun.
We are getting great weather in New England this weekend, and I have been planting all day. Now its time to relax and enjoy the hard work!!!
Have a terrific weekend ~
Jenna

cindy12345678 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,
I am glad you are doing well. I hope you get your
garden planted , but if you don't there is the farmers
market or the store!! LOL I am having a time trying to
keep everything watered already. I have to replace what
the squirrels dug up!!
Have fun with kaiden, and enjoy the time with friends!
Love and hugs,
Cindy

brcansur replied to cindy12345678's response:
Cindy,
Hello how was your weekend ? Mine was very nice Sat went to the chicken BBQ at the fire hall with friends then to the Zoo things that the Doctors office put on that was a lot of fun from 5 til 8 p.m. Kaiden loved neing outside and looking up at the trees and birds. Forget the animals and monkeys in the trees just looking away from them and watching the boring leaves blow in the breeze not the monkeys jumping around in the tree next to it lol.lol. Maybe at next years get together he will like the animals more but we had a lot of fun.
Then guess ! Do you think I got yard work done on Sun or not ? ? I went to lunch and a movie with my ex and then we went to dinner and back to his house he washed my car windows for me and I came back home lol.lol. no yard work again this weekend lol.lol I will get it done but proably the same day I plant everything like last year it made for a very long day and a lot of hard work but it got done. It was to hot for me any way to be out in the yard doing the weeding 89 all day and the sun was out nice and bright so not good for me. I am alergic to the sun and would have only been able to stay out there for a very short time so I decided a movie was more fun and less pain after.
I love farmers markets but way spend money if I can grow my own stuff but you did get a good laugh out of me. I do get nice flowers from the to put around my house those I don't have a lot of luck growing only my roses. Well hope you had a great weekend and a great week coming. Angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Roberta,
89 is deffinitely too hot to weed. Just get it done a little at a
time. Don't wear yourself out. I always do too much.
We had a great weekend. We went to a wedding on Sat.
My neice got married. We partied some , ate alot, and
danced alot! Great time. We got int the car to leave and the
battery went dead.! So we went in hubbys truck, then we
got stuck by a parade! We tought we would be out of town
before it started. But we got there. Sunday we got the
bycicles out. Our bike path is shaded qiute a ways. So
we did about three mi. We were both tired after that!
Yes, why buy what you can grow yourself. I was thinking
while plantin "Gee, this seems like a whole lot of work!"LOL
I am not done yet, almost. Squirrels keep digging things up.
I am glad you had a nice weekend!
Happy gardening!
Love and hugs,
Cindy

brcansur replied to cindy12345678's response:
Cindy,
Hello I had a great weekend and was going to go out today with Kaiden in his stroller so I could get some of that weeding done but it decided it was going to rain like crazy on me. So no going out in the yard now maybe later or tomorrow but will be getting it done here soon I have to or it will never get done lol.lol. Because weekends seams I am having to much fun with friends and not doing my yard work being a bad girl. Oh well being with friends is more important to me and having fun.
Sounds like you had some fun before you even got to the wedding lol. But at least you got there and had some more fun go for you both not getting up set and still going on to the wedding. Then a bike ride the next day and a pretty long one at that. I don't even know if I would be able to ride my bike a mile let a lone 3 miles with my back and all boy you are doing good girl. I want to try it out one of these days and see but I am afraid I would get out there some place and not be able to ride back home or even walk the bike back home. Know ing me I would be able to go around the block and it would do me in my knees and back would kill me for a week. I think I will stick to walking and the pool. Then going on hikes when I can Oh I pay for them also for a few days after. I am so glad you had a good weekend and got outdoors I hope the squirrels leave your plants alone so you can enjoy your flowers now. Well I should get going before Kaiden wakes up again he isn't feeling to good right now. So I want to get some things done before he is up again. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Roberta,
Exercise is important. I think it helps me with fatigue.
I get tired earlier in the evening than I used to. But pretty
much good all day. If walking works for you then thats
what you do. Don't hurt yourself. I do the stationary bike
in the winter. So i have the muscles broken in already.
Before the BC we used to bike 30 mi or more.Wen need
toget back to that. Maybe trim me up some. I have gained
so much weight. the doc says ite the menopause. (It
wouldn't have anthing to do with chocolate?!LOL)
Ihave tobuy some bell pepper plants, the squirrels
killed my seedlings!UGGH !
Hugs,
Cindy

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center