Skip to content
Dry skin and ER+ Breast Cancer
cccat6 posted:
I'm a 14 and 13 year survivor, DCIS, negative nodes, ER +. Over the years I've noticed that my skin is becoming so dry...almost like lizard scales....and it is driving me nuts. I've tried almost everything, body scrubs, lotions, creams, oils to no avail. Who has tried something with good results? I'm very hesitant to use any hormones or bio-identical hormones. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

jenna291 responded:
Hi, I am going on 5 years and still on Arimidex, but my skin is so much dryer than it ever was. I try and drink plenty of fluids and use lotions too, but it is still super dry and scaly in some places. My face and my thighs are the worst.

Sorry, I am in the same boat but maybe someone else has a good suggestion. Just wanted you to know you are not alone.

Congrats on 14 years - that is truly inspiring ~
Jenna

supergrangran responded:
Congratulations on the 14 yrs! I am 7 years and have the same problem worse on my feet if I wear open sandle's by the end of the day my feet split at the heels and takes for ever to heal.

I miss girly shoes!

The only thing that helps me is lots of cream and I have now resigned myself to sensible shoes built for comfort.

Sorry its not better news but it is good to know that you are not alone

Cream hugs to you

Christine x

rachael67 replied to supergrangran's response:
I typed skin problems and chemo into the main search box and a few things came up. You might want to check and see if they offer anything new to you. Also, perhaps checking some reputable sites such as ACS and dermatological sites? (Incidentally, should anyone come up with ideas, please post them not only on the posts, but also in the "Tips"....You obviously are not alone, and others will come along who can benefit from the information.)

Mods...If you are looking in!! In addition to our desperate need for an expert for this site, we need both a plastic surgeon/expert as well as someone with a knowledge of dermatology!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! And SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

cccat6 responded:
Thanks ladies for your feedback. After discussing with my massage therapist and a few other gals the best thing that is workingfor me now is slathering on body butter after my sshower on slightly damp skin. my skin soaks that up like a sponge but it doe help a lot better in releivingthe dryness...plus my hubby liked the mango scent...BONUS!

Helpful Tips

Breast Cancer Survivor
I had breast cancer surgery on right side just below my breast 2.2 cm part since 2001. It also removed 21 nodes my armpit to protect cancer ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center