Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Small Lump on Breast
Worakarn posted:
I have a small lump on the top of my breast that is pushing up through my skin. It looks like a pimple from the outside but it does not have a head on it and you can feel the small lump underneath the skin. It hurts if you squeeze it but other than that it has no abnormal coloring or features. It has been there for 3 months and might be getting slightly bigger in size but hard to tell. I am a 31 year old female. Is this something I need to worry about?

Worakarn

judyfams responded:
Any changes in our body need to be checked out.
This" pimple" may be nothing but it may also be something that is more serious.
It will not go away if you ignore it, but it may turn into something that is very serious. Not every lump is cancer and you owe it to yourself to have some peace of mind by finding out what it is and the treating it.
Sometimes the fear of the unknown paralyzes us - and we take no action. In the case of a health issue - you should get it checked out so if it turns out to be something serious you get it diagnosed and treated sooner rather than later.
So please have it checked out and let us know what you find out.
Judy

kiwiallright responded:
HI,

I would suggest having it check out, I had a lesion that was on my skin, it looked normal to me, so I kept my eyes on it, it never really got any bigger so I thought, but instead of growing rounder and bigger it grew across my breast. Not trying to worry you but have it checked, my did turn out to be BC in the skin - I never did worry at the time, like I said if you are concerned have it check out - a biopsy would be my choice....... Good luck and please let us know what you find out.

Love to all

Mary

brcansur responded:
Worakarn,
Hello and welcome, I want to say I agree with all of the other ladies you need to get that check ASAP like now do not wait any longer call the doctor and tell them what is going on and get in as soon as possible. I don't want to scare you but I had something on my breast that sounds just like what you are saying yours looks like. The first time it was a cyst but when it came back 2 years later it was breast cancer so please get it checked out I am not saying yours is breast cancer but better safe then sorry. Better to get it checked out then sitting there and worrying about it any longer just make that phone call and get it checked you will feel much better knowing. Remember 80% of lumps are not cancer and if it is cancer there are a lot of new treatments out there and survival is very high. Look at all of us ladies on here and some of us have been here for a long time I have a lady friend 36 years since her breast cancer. So please don't put it off get it checked then come back and let us know what you find out and how you are doing we would love to know. Come back any time we are here 24/7 to chat, listen and answer your question the best we can. I am wishing you all the best sending angel hugs Roberta,
P.S. have a great day try not to worry
Roberta

Helpful Tips

Breast Cancer Survivor
I had breast cancer surgery on right side just below my breast 2.2 cm part since 2001. It also removed 21 nodes my armpit to protect cancer ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center