Skip to content
Jan this is for you and those who quilt
kiwiallright posted:
HI,
I am sure some of you have seen this before but thought it was something that we all need, thought it was quite funny actually, at times my dishes are the last thing that I worry about, mind you when the kitchen is a bit of a mess -people show up, when it is clean, no one stops by

As they say if you want to visit with me, come on over, of you want to see my house make an appt.

Advice from a 1949 Singer Sewing Manual

Advice from a Singer Sewing Manual from 1949:

Prepare yourself mentally for sewing. Think about what you are going to do. . . never approach sewing with a sigh or lackadaisically. Good results are difficult when indifference predominates. Never try to sew with a sink full of dirty dishes or beds unmade. When there are urgent housekeeping chores, do these first so your mind is free to enjoy your sewing. . .When you sew, make yourself as attractive as possible. Put on a clean dress. Keep a little bag full of French chalk near your sewing machine to dust your fingers at intervals. Have your hair in order, powder and lipstick put on . . .[If> you are constantly fearful that a visitor will drop in or your husband will come home and you will not look neatly put together, you will not enjoy your sewing as you should. .

If this were true today, I'd never have time to thread a needle.

Love to all

Mary

GGrandmaJan responded:
Oh Mary, Love it... Thanks for the laugh today, I really needed this.

Oh My Gosh, put on a clean dress and lipstick. I ask you do you wear a dress anymore other than for very special occasions????

Geez, Have your hair in order! WHAT Hair!?!?!?!? Evidently they didn't do chemo back in the day!!! LOL. OH Mercy, fearful your hubby is going to come home and you not look NEATLY put together. Holy Moly. He goes to bed with me each night. No boob and no Hair. LOL LOL.

Oh Gosh, I am laughing so hard I can't type. LOL If I waited to get my house in order before I sew----I would never sew another stitch.

Hey, I love your statement " If you want to visit with me--- come on over --want to see my house make an appt"!!!!! Love it. Love IT.... That is what I am going to start telling people.

Oh Mary thanks so much. I had never seen that before. Priceless.
Fondly
Jan

kiwiallright replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Glad I made your day......

brcansur responded:
Mary,
That was so cute and oh so very funny, I agree with Jan if I was to wait till I and my house was in order then I too would never see my sewing needles or machine again bye bye quilting and sewing for ever lol.lol. and have makeup on and my hair done right that is a joke you got me laughing with my eye watering so bad running down my face lol.lol. and a dress lol.lol Wow how things have changed. !!!! I wear dresses to weddings, showers, and other big events church but never around the house. Unless a nightgown counts or one of those sundress things you can wear around the house when it is really hot because I would never wear it out of my house OH NO !!! lol.lol Don't want to scare everyone in the area back into their houses lol. any way thank you so much for the very good laugh and I really do love the old pics and ads. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center