Skip to content
Small up-date on me.
GGrandmaJan posted:
Hi Everyone.

Sorry I haven't been posting lately. Been totally bummed out. Had my 6 month PET/CT scan on Tuesday June 5th. Orginally had an appt for June 15th for lab and PET results. June 6th stupid Dr's office called wanted to see me right away.

PANIC Time!!! What the ?????

Seen Onc Dr on June 8th. Shows me the pic of my scan. Lt Lung lite up like a Christmas tree. States I have pneumonia!!!! WHAT???

No wonder I have been extremely tired for last 3 months. A total effort to do anything. Even the laundry and the dishes. I seriously thought it was from my allergies, and the stress I have been under dealing with my Mother and her breast drainage. Dr blind-sided me on this one.

My immediate reaction when I say all the red showing on my scan was Holy Crap--- the Angio is back and in my lung. That is the first place (if this stuff spreads) is to the lungs. I must admit I did not hear much of what else the Dr had to say to me that day. He did put me on high-powered antibotics, ordered a chest x-ray for same day.

Yesterday I called the nurse at the clinic and asked her tons of questions. I have no idea where I picked this up at. Was worried I could have passed this on to my Mother. Thank goodness, she had a pnuemonia shot where I only had a flu shot last fall.

Thank Heaven's after being on the antibotics since Friday I am starting to feel much better. I slept all week-end and told DH I WAS not cooking so eat downtown. He did!!!

It has taken some time for me to process all of this. Scared the crap out of me. All 4 of my other PET/CT scans have ALL been normal.

Dr said if the antibotics don't clear this up he is going to send me to a Pulmonary Dr. UGH. Another Dr---more pills---more tests--more crap!!!!!

Asking all of you to pray this is just pneumonia and nothing else.

Will get another chest x-ray on the 28th and see Onc Dr next day.

Thanks for listening.
Jan

mark918 responded:
You are definitly in our prayers. Good luck.

Shell1007 responded:
Jan,
Sending good thoughts & prayers your way.
I will also cross all fingers & toes in the hopes that IT IS pneumonia !! Glad you are feeling better after starting meds though.
Take care,
Shell PS hope your Mom is doing ok

mhall6252 responded:
Hi Jan,

It's pretty sad when we're hoping for pneumonia!!! I guess that's the nature of this beast. Wishing you good results, better health and a clear xray!

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

jenna291 replied to mhall6252's response:
Wow, does the stress ever end???
I join the other ladies in wishing you good results and that you get the all clear. Glad to hear you are feeling better after starting antibiotics. A great sign! Also great you rested all weekend - the best thing to do when we are wiped out!

Anxiously await your update!

hugs and flowers,
Jenna

GGrandmaJan replied to mark918's response:
Thanks Mark fjor the prayers.

Keep us up-dated on your lovely wife. I am sending prayers and good thoughts your way also.

We will Prevail.

Always
Jan

GGrandmaJan replied to Shell1007's response:
Thanks Shell,

So weird to actually be wishing this is JUST pneumonia. What a concept, Right?

I was feeling better until yesterday when the stupid internal yeast infection hit me big time. Yeast infection in Gut!! Been on Acidophyillus and yogurt from the very beginning. Geez, my bod can not handle antibotics and I knew that.

Have a call into clinic to get something that will help. Nurse just called back and thought it was the "other" yeast. Guess I didn't make my message on her line too clear. UGH. So now she is checking with the good Dr again. LOL.

Wish us luck. LOL.

Then for some reason my Internet went down early this AM. Been looking for the number for tech support for the last 4 hrs. I have just too many papers around here. Finally my service came back on without my phone call. YAHoo!!!

I am so lost without being able to talk to my friends.

Thanks again Shell. Hope all is A-O.K. with you.
Always
Jan

cindy12345678 replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Jan ,
I hope you feel better soon. Antibiotics can screw with
your system for sure. I hope it all goes away!
Cindy

GGrandmaJan replied to cindy12345678's response:
Cindy, Thanks for the reply. It sure has been one H#^**#^^* of a week!!! Tues 12th--- I was on the dang phone most of the afternoon.

The only thing wrong with the Onc clinic I go to is their stupid "Blasted Nurse Line"!!! You call in the AM---leave a message----then WAIT. You for sure don't want to go outside and miss the call back. Otherwise you have to wait some more hours for them to call back again. So Frustrating.

While I was waiting for the Onc Clinic to call back to straighten out my meds (one for the yeast infection) which I thought was a different antibotic. UGH. Blasted nurse was not Clear at all when she called me on Monday of what it was going to be for.) The Dang---Blasted Pulmonary Dr's office called to schedule me for--- Guess THIS---(A Triage Appt).---ASAP. I explained to her I was suppose to wait and see if the antibotics worked, get another chest x-ray and see Onc Dr again on 29th. Then she had to call the nurse line to get clarifation on just when the good Dr wanted to do. As it was pretty late in the afternoon I knew I would have to wait until the next day.

Geez, Wed I was on the phone from 9 AM until 1:30. I detest and hate waiting for phone calls. I thought we had this phone put in for OUR convenience not everyone else's. LOL.

To make a long story a little shorter---I have an appt to see the Pulmonary Dr on Tues 19th which is tomorrow. I have 5 pages of paperwork to fill out. Just what I love to do PAPERWORK. UGH.

I am really scared of this appt. I just pray this Doc has a great sense of humor or I am done in before I get up there. LOL.

My lovely son called yesterday and told ME what to ask the good Dr. "Mom, you be sure and don't be intimadated by him, You ask for percentages on this being pnuemonia or something else. Then you ask for percentages on it being lung ca or angio!!""" Yes, he does have a very analytical mind. Guess he isn't an engineer for nothing. LOL. Percentages in DEED!!! and from a Doctor, no less. Geez, I was laughing so hard. My son telling ME what to do!!!!!! I didn't dare laugh while we were on the phone as he was very serious. But, boy I sure laughed after we hung up.

I ask you ladies and gents---Have you ever asked any of your doctors for percentages???? Like they are going to tell us anyway!!!! It is all a crap-shoot anyhow, Right???

Did have a good week-end tho. Met one daughter Fri noc for dinner at our favorite place. Then went up to DH's other daughter for dinner last night. WOW---2 noc's I didn't have to cook. YAHOO!!!!.
Thanks for all the replies and good thoughts from everyone.

Yes, I need the "Pinkie" tomorrow with gool ole' George aboard. Let's have a Party!!!

Fondly
Jan

GGrandmaJan replied to mhall6252's response:
Yes, Michelle, you are so right on this one. Still hoping and praying this is JUST pneumonia. I start to feel better than start coughing all over again. Thank goodness, Dr gave me some excellent meds to over-ride the Yeast.

Pray this Pulomary Dr is as cute as your PA. Would make things so much easier. I just pray he has a great sense of humor like my Onc Dr. Otherwise I am in BIG time trouble.

Best of luck to you---You lab rat!!! I know that is not fun having to go in every week but they do want to keep tabs on you. Hope all is going well with the new chemo.

Fondly
Jan

Shell1007 replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Jan,
Count me in on Pinkie tomorrow ! What other "treats" besides George would you like to have on board??
I am sure you will let the Dr know who is boss - Don't forget to take your notebook & a list of questions too. If I don't write questions down I always forget what I wanted to ask.
I will be sending good thoughts & prayers your way tomorrow
Take care,
Shell

Thanks Shell,
Yippers, I have spent almost 2 full days organizing my reports. I printed out ALL my questions on the computer. I think I am finally rarin' to go.

When I went downtown I meant to pick up a tape recorder so i could tape all he has to say BUT was just too tired so will have to rely on my double spaced questions to fill in the answers. I even found the pics of my breast. Now let me tell you that was some doing as I could not remember where I had stuffed that folder. I thought I was so done with this last year. Dang PET scan. Still hoping and praying it is JUST pneumonia. Some days I feel better then the next not so. Weird. Weird.

Thanks for all the good thoughts. So bring on the wine and the party. It is only a 40 minute ride so not much time to get TOO tipsy. I got some gift cards for the fabric stores. I AM going to go this time come (you know what) or High water.

Hope all is going well for you. Hey Shell, do you remember Nan (Pink lady)? She was on the boards numerous yrs ago. She is doing fair but posted the yummies chicken breast on FB. She emailed me the recipe and it was delicious. Made it Sat night. Even the guys loved it. WOW. Nan also lives around the seattle area. I would be happy to send it to anyone that wants it. It is so good.

Thanks
Jan

Shell1007 replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Jan,
I would love that recipe !
Another Wa girl... WooHoo ! Does that make 3 of us ?
Pink Lady sounds very familiar to me (Nan)
I just had 3 mos check up on Fri. Dr switched me off anastrozole (arimidex) to letrozole (femara) to see if the joint pain & fatigue gets any better. We will see. Otherwise all is well with me
40 min is a short trip for pinkie, but we will make it count !!
Don't forget to send me that recipe
Shell

Hi Shell, Will try to send recipe by email. I hope it works. LOL

Oh my gosh, when I was on Femara I became the "Wicked Witch of the North". I pray you don't have the same side effects as I did. Just wanted you to be aware. I wanted to kick everyone or thing in my sight. I could only handle it less than 2 weeks. Why didn't he try Tamoxifen.? That wasn't so good for me as I was so nauseated but only thing that made me 1/2 human.

I am so sorry you are having all the pain and fatigue. Do you think is has to do with our lousy weather??? Where is the Sun!! Congrats on getting thru the 3 month check up.

Hugs,
Jan

jenna291 replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Hi ladies,
Can't believe all the paperwork you had to do for this appointment! I hope things go well for you today.

Shell, I have been on Arimidex 3 years this August. Sometimes the bone pain is nasty and it is so random. Last night my legs were so achy they woke me from a sound sleep, and it is dry and cool today in the northeast. I hate not knowing when they act up. This is the first time I have been achy in over a month. I have 2 more years on this darn pill. My fingers ache today too which is a real blast since I am on a computer at work all day. Sometimes I wonder if some of this misery is a residual effect of the ac/taxol chemo. Who knows????

Count me on board Pinkie Jan. Even with a short ride the cabana boys will be fun!!! Who says we can't party on board after your appointment???

hugs,
Jenna

Helpful Tips

DIEP Flap Survival
Sept 7, 2012: Bilateral Mastectomy and immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction. I live in Washington, DC, area and have great insurance and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center