Skip to content
Bronhoscopy tomorrow--Let's Party!!!
GGrandmaJan posted:
O.K. ladies and Gents.

It is again time to party-hardy!!! Well, O.K. for the rest of you but I can't have anything to eat or drink after MN tonight. UGH---Doulble UGH.

Then I can't eat or drink for 2 lousy hours after the procedure. UNFAIR.

This procedure is necessarey as my Doc's need to know what the heck we are dealing with. He will do some small bios while in there. Thank Heaven's, I will be sedated. Oh bring on the Laa---Laa Land. Quick!!!
LOL. LOL.

I can not tell you how nervous I am about this lousy test. But I knew it was coming just not this soon. But the sooner we know something the sooner we can get a plan together. Even if it is just more antibotics.

Please pray very hard this is JUST a rotten infection that doesn't want to go away.

As it is only a 40 minute ride you all won't have much time to party. I was thinking we could perhaps take an hour side-trip to the lovely Pacific Ocean as it is suppose to be super nice and sunny all week-end. WOW---what a deal as we have had horrible lousy weather here for the last 2 months. Rain and or misty rain. But so blasted humid.

Instead of the Cabana Boys let's just invite my adorable Surgeon, my funny caring Onc Dr. and now this Handsome Dude who is my lung Dr. Boy, we could bombard them with loads of questions. We could have our OWN Experts right on board with us.

Good idea, or What???

Thanks for listening.
Pacing the floor in WA. State.
Jan

jenna291 responded:
Jan,
Well of course I will pray REALLY REALLY hard for an infection. Now that sounds weird, but those of us who are "here" know what we mean!

I would love to ride to the Pacific Ocean. We can plan to go for a nice lunch/dinner 2 hours after your procedure.

How funny you have such good looking docs. My docs are wonderful, but definitely not adorable or handsome!!! Yes, caring and funny for one or two of them! LOL

I hope this procedure goes by quick and painlessly for you, and the results are quick. Waiting is the pits.

Stay busy and think only good thoughts.

Hugs, flowers, cabana boys, sunshine, chocolate, and everything else good,
Jenna

judyfams responded:
Jan,
Will be praying that the results will show nothing more than an infection that is happily living in your lungs, and nothing more!
I will be on Pinkie, in the room and with you at home tonight and tomorrow! I will be like a stubborn infection outside your body!
Much love and positive thoughts coming your way across the country to beautiful WA!
Judy

brcansur responded:
Jan,
I too am praying that it is nothing but an infection boy that does sound odd but oh well we know it is better then anything else. I am there right by your side with loads of angel hugs also for comfort. I will be on pinkie and that side trip to the ocean sounds great to me I love anything to do with water. That is one of the first places I went after chemo to the ocean it was more like a 4 1/2 hour trip but worth every min and stayed a week so relaxing. Then remember we have that shopping to do together also I love my shopping lol.lol. You know we can always find something to do with crafts or fabric to sew something up !! Ya that doesn't get done to soon right lol. I still have fabric I know I got for a good reason just wish I could remember what that reason was lol.lol. I know I will find another good use for it someday just don't know when but soon !! lol. I hope I got a smile out of you or even a laugh anyway I hope I got your mind off things for a min or two that is all I wanted to do just for a min or two make you not worry just smile. Try and have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

GGrandmaJan replied to jenna291's response:
Oh Jenna, Thanks so very much for your reply. It means so much to me to have your support. It has taken me 2 days to wrap my head around this new turn of events that is why I didn't post much before.

Wonder if it is too early in the AM for a glass of wine???? Just kidding!!! As it is 6:30 A.M here in Pac time. LOL.

Yes, all of a sudden I have the best looking Doctor's and Oh so Young. (Oh Crap!!!). Thank goodness, I don't look tooooo bad with my cute wigs on. But tomorrow I'm afraid the wig comes off. Dang IT!! Then this most handsome of all Doc's will see the REAL me. UGH.

Today tho, I go get a hair-trim, at least. Hopefully it will all be the same lenght. It is the most un-ruly of junk you could ever imagine. Oh, and don't get me started on the ugly color. I think I have finally found the right color to use---but will have to wait until after tomorrow as not real sure what meds they might use to knock me out. Don't want to mix any chemicals together. LOL.

Oh My---How vain us women are!!!

I for sure look a lot better with wig, falsie and make-up on than when I am just me. LOL LOL.

Boy, I am still so stunned this lung Dr was so well informed about me and my problems. Now I wonder just what ALL my Onc Dr told him.

It could go something like this---- " I have this wacky older (in yrs only) patient that is a delightful woman. She will make your day much brighter and cheerier just to talk to her. Dressed up with make-up on and wearing her falsie she is a beautiful "Dream-Walking" blonde. She has some serious problems but her sense of humor is Priceless. Please do your best to take great care of her. Do not cause her any un-due pain and let's get to the bottom of her current situation. Will be anxiously waiting for your results as I miss her in our office!!"

How about that for patting me on the back? O.K. so I have temporarily lost it. Good for the nerves tho. LOL

Blessings
Jan

GGrandmaJan replied to judyfams's response:
Awesome Judy.

I will close my eyes and know you are holding my hands. Yes, tonight will be a long one. At least the appt is at 7:00 AM so we have to leave here by 5:30. Don't know how much traffic there will be as most peoples live in Centralia and work in Olympia. That is where we are headed to our State Capitol. But they have the cute GOOD doctors there and that is where i want to be. DH takes forever to get ready. UGH. Me--I am just going to put sweats on and get out the door. Oh Wait I will wear my prettiest wig and some lipstick.

It will be so hard NOT to have any coffee. Geez, for some stupid reason I am more nervous about this than I was having the mastectomy. I knew what to expect with that surgery. Plus my breast hurt so bad I couldn't get rid of it soon enough.

More scared of what they might find, I guess.

Hey, I didn't tell you ladies but this Doc has a digital personnel record so I can check on-line if he has any messages and what he puts on my chart. Way Cool. Now I have this awesome new computer. Wish more Doc's did this.

Thanks again Judy, you are so great.
Fondly
Jan

rachael67 replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Hey! If you can't be your own PR Person, who can??!! Love the "report"!! Were I you, I think I'd share it with the docs...especially those whom you encounter who may not, as yet, have had the opportunity to meet and greet you. Present it with a stern and very serious face, and tell them this is the most important thing they need to know about you!!

You know what???? I have a sneeky suspicion that the reason they schedule things that early is that they save money on the anesthetic!!! You are already half asleep!!!

Now, down to serious topics: WHO IS THAT BEAUTIFUL LITTLE CHILD NOW FEATURED IN YOUR PHOTO???? You and all the gals aboard Pinkie can have your handsom docs and cabana boys...I want him with me!!!!!!!! What a doll!!!

You know, my Friend, that we will all be with you throughout today and tomorrow. We will also be there to celebrate when you get the report that all will soon be well with some added antibiotics!!

Please try and distract yorself...Maybe a bit more of the relaxation exercises....or gardening. (If you focus on the slugs, you might work off some of the anger and the worry...Not so good for them, but a definite good for you!!)

Blessings always...and a special hug!
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

Shell1007 responded:
Hi Jan,
Well its almost 10:30 now...have you had a glass (or more) of wine yet? Hey, whatever it takes to get ya through !!
You are worried about "losing it"... I think you have earned that right.
I am sure Pinkie & Co would love a detour to the ocean.
Good friends, shopping ,lots of food, fresh air, Oh and cocktails too
Will keep fingers & toes crossed for "infection"
Sending good thoughts & prayers your way
Shell

GGrandmaJan replied to rachael67's response:
Way to go Rachael---I think I will write that up and present it to my Doc's. Guess I was a little nuts this AM.

YUK---it is now 12:43 PM and I just got home. Spent over an hour at one of my Mom's banks. She had a CD coming due and I did not have the energy to go get her---drag her over there to get it. Honestly they copied the POA 3---yes three times then had to call their legal dept. Poor Lucky was in the car and it was getting pretty warm out. UGH--Banks.

I did get my hair trimmed so I don't look like a total dork without my wig on. Have to put my best face forward you know.

Now the Beautiful child is our Great-Grand-son Gage, who lives in Nebraska. They were out here 2 summers ago. Age 5. He found out he could blow the air-horn on G'pa's log truck. We DID not know there was so much Air left cause it went on for over an hour. It was really funny tho as he had such a great time. Then the Quad was run for about 4 hrs straight. First Daddy, Mommy and of course G'Pa. up and down our long drive way with him grinning and laughing. Then it was time for the Dune Buggy. I think he loved the Quad better. Yes, we do have a lot of toys. LOL. Or I should say G'Pa does. Oh also he found out he could move all the levers in the excavator and pretend he was working with it. He is ALL boy and keeps his mommy hopping. We hope they get to come out again this summer.

He was smiling and laughing the whole time they were here. We didn't get to see as much of him as we would have liked as we had to share with other family. I am making him a quilt with heavy equipment, fire trucks, motocycles and etc on it. I hope I get it done BEFORE he starts college. LOL. He is our only GG Grand-son. Our other 2 grand-daughters swear they are not going to have any kids. Probably one of them will not as she works for a huge in-door Water Park. Kids running around and coming up to hug her all the time.

It has taken me forever to get that pic on here as my new computer doesn't work as well up-loading pics. Course, it could be the operator. DUH.

Be prepared Rachael, he is a LIVE-wire. But adorable.

Thanks for the good wishes. Now out to my garden.
Hugs
Jan

GGrandmaJan replied to Shell1007's response:
Sorry Shell, had to drive out to get my hair trimmed. No wine yet. But thanks for the laugh!!! Got some groceries and other errands.

Now I must go out and mow my "Oasis" before the grass takes over my garden spots. Seems as tho, only the grass is growing.

Sorry, guess I got a little carried away. In my defense I had been up since 4:00. to get DH out the door.

Geez, came home to a bunch of messages. All Doc's again.

HELP---it is summer-time leave me alone!!!!!

Now been on the phone for 1 1/ 2hrs. Poor Lucky is going to spend so much time in Doggie Day Care he is going to think he lives there.

Thanks so much for the support.
Fondly
Jan

Helpful Tips

DIEP Flap Survival
Sept 7, 2012: Bilateral Mastectomy and immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction. I live in Washington, DC, area and have great insurance and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center