Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
AHHH---Lung Dr called---Whewwwwww!!!
GGrandmaJan posted:
Good news everyone!!!

The preliminary report is "organizing pneumonia"!!!

Did not find any cancer cells of any type!!!!! Whew!!!

Still doing cultures and other path tests on bios but the first report looks so good.

Plan is go on Predisone for 3 weeks. Have another CT scan and see if area has shrunk. If NOT, then on to bigger and worse tests. UGH.

So weird as I just got done finishing the other post when the phone rang again. I didn't expect Dr. Handsome Dude to be calling me so quick. But so relieved he did. Now I can breathe again, Whoopie!!!!!

O.K. Ladies and Gents, I can hear all of you yelling and screaming. HA---Not as loud as me tho.

Blessings All
Jan
FirstPrevious12NextLast

judyfams responded:
HOORAY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy

jenna291 responded:
Jan,
I am dancing aorund my kitchen!!! YAY, YIPPEE, celebrate big with all the fruity drinks and cabana boys you want - we are all there to join you.

A special thanks to Dr. Handsome Dude for calling you quickly. He obviously knows the stress you were feeling!

Now go and do something fun!

xo
Jenna

judyfams responded:
Jan,
I thought that I remembered you saying that you had bacterial pneumonia. Bacterial pneumonia is a -itch to get a handle on and get under control. So if that is indeed what you are dealing with, then you might have some more fun tests and meds to get through in your future.
Sorry about that - t does suck big time. Maybe you can breathe on the slugs and give them pneumonia - that might just work better than soapy water!
Look on the bright side of this - maybe Dr. Handsome Dude will decide to make house calls to you to practice his bedside manner!!!!!!!!!!
I think I better stop now before Haylan deletes this post!
Judy

MNAtlanta responded:
How wonderful for you! Praise God! I hope the good news continues to go your way!

rachael67 responded:
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there is another way to shout and cheer, I can't think of it just yet, but can you tell how happy I am????????

Been checking both my emails and this site allllll day...Wow!!! Gonna celebrate all afternoon and evening!!!

Super, my Friend!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings and ...Oh, wait! The sunshine and blue skies are already here, right?!

Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

GGrandmaJan replied to jenna291's response:
Thanks Jenna, Be careful dancing and don't slip on anything. LOL

AHHHH---Yes, Dr Handsome Dude Did Know!!!!!
He is familiar with this stupid Angio and was very concerned.

Oh--La--La----His voice even sounds so FINE over the phone. When I saw the name of clinic on my call-ID, boy I paniced. I had a very difficult time just understanding what he was saying.

Glad you liked all the silly stuff yesterday. You people do not know how much that relieved my stress.

Thank you so much.
Jan

GGrandmaJan replied to judyfams's response:
Yes, Judy, that is how they interpeted the PET/CT but it was a large area that lite up in my lung. After i finished the antibotic I was feeling better but still losing wt and feeling so tired.

Hey, I DO have Doctors that are really on top of this. No crap about "Well, we will wait and see how you feel in 6 months, Or come back if you start feeling lousy!"" Just too many unknowns once we have bc.

Yes, Judy, I know he has a great bed-side manner but we had better not go there. LOL---LOL

I guess it is pretty good to have young up and coming Doctor's. Or I have been SUPER--DUPER lucky to finally find Dr's that listens to me. I try to do my research and go into new Dr's appts fully prepared to answer all their questions. And have my questions double-spaced so have room to write their answers. I know now my brain is on over-load and can't remember s ** t

Thanks for celebrating with me. Thanks for doing all the research you do for us. Awesome.
Hugs
Jan

mhall6252 responded:
Woohoo, Jan! Doing the happy dance for you! Just came here to check on you and saw the good...make that great...news! Bacterial pneumonia may be a bear to treat, but it's nothing compared to lung mets or primary lung cancer. I'm so happy for you! And look at the good side, you'll be seeing Dr. Handsome Dude a few more times.

I think you're due for a little celebration tonight!!!

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

Shell1007 responded:
Jan,
That is the best news ever !!!!
WooHoo
Take it easy & don't wear yourself out with all your dancing & screaming !
Take care
Shell

brcansur responded:
Jan,
That is great news so very happy for you, I would be yelling so loud right now but Kaiden just went down for his nap so jumping in my seat so happy big grin on my face and tears in my eye for you. Wow !!! I bet you feel so much better right now breath a big happy breath now and go out and have a great day hopefully in the sunshine in your oasis !! Kill some slugs and you will feel even better lol.lol.
I love the way you said Dr Handsome Dude sounds fine over the phone so funny glad to see you haven't lost that sense of humor or your eye or ear for a good looking or sounding man lol.lol.
Take it easy and get better soon angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

GGrandmaJan replied to brcansur's response:
Oh my gosh, Thanks Roberta. I am so relieved you can not even imagine. Thanks for all your support. It means so much to me.

OMG--you guys all crack me up calling my Dr--Dr.Handsome Dude!!! Everytime one of you mentions that name I am cracking up. Right now I am laughing so hard tears are running down my face. For all of you to pick up on that is absolutely PRICELESS. I tried my best to come up with another name even checked the "Thesaurus" but figured that name was much easier to type than any others I could chose. I know it is against all protocal to mention any Dr's names on here so I HAD to come up with something. It is just so funny when you call him that.

O.K I am probably a little giddy about my good news. but crap-0-loo I was scared beyond belief. Then when my Docs all started ordering tests and for me to see special Dr's my nerves just went over to top.

Oh Roberta, if hope we never lose our sense of humor!!!! It is the only thing that keeps me going most days. Altho my DH just thinks I am crazy and not so funny. DUH. LOL.

Thanks for your support.

How is Haiden doing these days? Did he have his surgery yet? Poor little man. Hope you are doing well. Happy Happy your chest x-ray turned out O.K. Good for you.

Wow. the sun is out and it is only 7 AM. Let's hope it stays out for a long time. Got to get more stuff planted as slugs got in to way too much. Plus my Bro-and Califlower all went to seed. Dang it. It was cause of the lousy weather not anything I could do about it.

So outside I go today. YAHOO.
Sunshine and roses sent to you.
Jan

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I think I need a pic of Dr. Handsome Dude - LOL

Jan, I can't tell you how thrilled I am to hear this non-news!!!!!!!

I'm going to do a karate kick of joy for you right now.....HiiiiiiYA!

Sugar smacks to you!

Haylen

GGrandmaJan replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Haylen, for all your support.

Now do you have any suggestions on How to get a pic of Dr.Handsome Dude without breachy His privacy?? I am all ears on that one. LOL

I have looked on their website and no pics of any of the Dr's. Also looked in our (crummy of no use) telephone books to see if pics posted in their ad. Nada. Oh and of course first thing I did was check FB. No pics.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. LOL

Just take my word for it---His eyes are the best!!!!!

Hope you have an excellent day.
Jan

rachael67 replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Jan, did you google him????? Maybe there is pic somewhere else that you can find. Otherwise have Gage draw what he looks like...I'd love to see that one!!!

Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center