Skip to content
Perhaps WE need a Roll-Call??
GGrandmaJan posted:
O.K. it is Monday morning and hardly anyone has been on here all week-end. Where or Where did everyone go???

I know all of the East coast has no power. I am so horribly sad to hear about all the deaths from this freaky storm. I am hoping all our members are safe and sound and can post as soon as they can.

We are all like" Mother Hens" and worry about our "Chicks". Perhaps we need a ROLL Call and everyone post they are all right.

As you can tell I am fine but no Sun.

O.K. Who is next???
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Shell1007 responded:
Jan,
The sun did peek out here but quickly went away
At least in WA we just get rain & not those horrible storms. I hope everybody is safe.
Shell

GGrandmaJan replied to Shell1007's response:
Hi Shell, I was beginning to think I was all alone out here. LOL. So weird no one has been on here. Just the same old posts.

Glad you got sun all it has done here is cloudy. But no rain.

I heard our summer is suppose to start July 6th. YA----- Think???

I hope they get their power back on soon.

Thanks for replying.
Jan

mhall6252 responded:
Michelle's here...no power outage in our neck of the woods. I think the outages were along the mid-Atlantic area. The weather is fabulous, we're spending lots of time in and on the lake, and all is good.
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to mhall6252's response:
Haylen here checking in from Southern California - it can get over 100 in the valley where I live but only about 85 today - pretty beautiful although I prefer cloudy weather!

I had computer problems all morning so am struggling to catch up before I have to pick up my kids from over-priced camp.

Looking forward to 4th of July picnic on a lake just outside of Los Angeles. Mid-week holidays!

Haylen

rachael67 responded:
I'm here!

We have had pretty high temps (upper 90s), but I spoke with a friend in Atlanta yesterday, and she merely laughed when I told her it was hot here!! They are hovering in the low to mid 100s!

Have other friends in VA who faced those dreadful storms and now no power and very high temps...These particular folks have been dealing with employment/health issues for so very long, and now this. Sometime life just doen't give ya a break!!

Some relatives of mine live in Fort Collins, CO and have been not only dealing with the fires, but personal illnesses and loss as well.

Guess knowing all the challenges these folks and others deal with day in and day out (and most especially at this particular time) makes me very grateful for what is on my plate! And grateful for all here who offer me support, friendship and gentle hugs when needed!!

May every one have blue-sky days! And, Jan, thanks for asking us to sign in... Good idea!

Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

maybembt responded:
I'm back, I finally got internet in my home. Now I don't have to go down the street to email someone.

It's the rainy season here in the jungles of Guatemala. Usually rain comes in around noon every day and lasts most of the night. The temperature is around 100. We usually lose power once or twice a week. Last week the power was off for 14 hours. As a precaution I tossed out the food in the refrigerator. I miss not having electricity to run the fans. It sounds like the US is experiencing some of weather that is typical here.
Blessings, Marybeth

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

brcansur responded:
Hello all I am here and safe thank you Jan for asking us all to sign in and let everyone know we are ok good idea.
We have had some bad thunder and lightening storms but our power hasn't gone out for long periods of time thank good for that just short flashes of time and back on. Enough to where you have to go around the house and reset everything but that is better then being without power with this heat and high humidity it has been in the high 90's.
Sending everyone my best and hoping all are safe this weather is crazy all over be safe try and stay cool and have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Hi Jan,

I am here too! I have been having horrible computer issues at work all week (don't tell, that is usually when I check in!!!) so I am home now and checking back in!!
Hot and humid in Boston, supposed to rain tomorrow, no damage from last week's storm here, just some down limbs.

Thanks for checking in with us all. We are after all a special family!!!

Enjoy the fireworks. Sure hope the rain lets up before tomorrow night!
Jenna
xo

GGrandmaJan replied to jenna291's response:
Thanks Everyone for checking in. Was definiitely worried for all of you. Sorry for the horrific high temps. Not easy to deal with.

Happy 4th Everyone.

Hope everyone stay safe and sane. Well, at least SaFe!!!

Sane I think we are all just a little crazy. LOL

Blessings
Jan

cindy12345678 responded:
Hi Jan,
Cindys here. I was gone on vacation. We wet north to beat
the heat. We went to Macinaw. Has a blast! I waw hoping
it would be cooler now, but its not! It was 80 in Macinaw,
it's been upwards of 95 here everyday. Illinois is getting
roasted! My flowers and veggies are doing good. I just
picked my first cherry tomatotes!Yeah! My wonderful
friend and neighbor took care of them while I was gone.
I hope all is fine with you.
Hugs,
Cindy

GGrandmaJan replied to cindy12345678's response:
Hi Cindy, Glad you went on vacation. Sounds like you had fun. Sorry about your high heat.

Wish you could send me some SUN. Cloudy days but no rain. We need some SunShine. My garden is just sitting there doing nothing. Yikes. We are suppose to get summer on the 6th of July. Sure hope so. LOL.

Hugs.
Jan

cindy12345678 replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Jan, We have plenty of sunshine! I can lend you plenty!
All I am doing is watering. I am in ILL. and we are not
getting any rain. The weather forecast is 100 today and
102 tomorrow. Not supposed to cool off till Sun. But it
doesn't say rain.My garden is doing well though. I am
surprised with the high heat. Probably because I have
older establishe perennials in my flower beds. And I water
the little annuals alot. If you atart to get some sun, I am sure
your garden will catch up. It's a gamble every year isn't it?
I haven't had alot of Japanese beetles , but the few that are
there are eating my rose bush! It has been so hot I waterd
at 9:00 pm and it was 90 still. I have been in the air ,
sewing since I have been back. I made placemats yesterday.
Good gardening to you!
Cindy
Cindy

mrichers replied to cindy12345678's response:
Melody is here! Been busy running boys. Glad to know that everyone else is doing well. I thought I was hot in the Piney Woods of East Texas until I read everyone else's response. It is typical for us to be hot! Hope everyone has a great rest of the week.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to mrichers's response:
Remind me to take July 5th off! We are dragging today - thought you all might enjoy a pic of my 7 year old yesterday jumping into the lake - yes, my heart stopped!

Hope everyone had a happy 4th of July - stay cool!

Helpful Tips

Alternative consumer self-test device for early detection of breast cancer?
This may be an interesting personalized alternative for early detection to then be verified through Breast MRI/Mammography: Eclipse, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center