Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hello ladies just a little up date Roberta
brcansur posted:
Hello ladies I just thought a little up date would be nice. I don't know how many have followed lately but I was having a few issues again and didn't know what was going on. I had all kinds of test done and all they could find was that I was low in vit D and iron. But I keep losing weight and now my hair is falling out and I have been having low energy again.
Well I have some very good news IT IS NOT CANCER !!!!
I went to my neurologist last week and she looked at all of my test results and came up with an answer for me to all my systems. They are all side effects to the meds I am taking for my neck and headaches. I just wonder why no other doctor has thought of that for the last 4 1/2 months now. She said as long as I am ok with these side effects it is safe to keep taking them since they are working for the headaches. If the side effects to to bad like the hair lose or even the weight lose then to cut back on the pills. I feel so much better now knowing what is causing all the problems and why I am feeling this way SO MUCH BETTER !! Like a weight lifeted off my shoulders wow now I can relax and not keep asking for answers so that I can do something to make me feel better. I am now on stronger vit D and it seams to be helping we shall see if it went up in about a month when I go back to onc.
Other then that I am doing pretty good just very hot here and humid so dealing with that it can make you very tired and not want to do anything so low energy right now. Hoping for some cool days to get outside and go for some nice walks but not right now to hot for me. Hope you all are staying safe and cool as you can have a safe and happy weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
WHEW!!!!

So glad you found the answer!

Sugar smacks to you and wishes for some cool weather -

Haylen

rachael67 responded:
I can only imagine how relieved you must be...Bet this weekend will prove to be much better than you might have expected!! Enjoy!!!

Blessings.
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

mhall6252 responded:
Yay Roberta! Glad to hear things are improving and you have some answers that are not too tough to swallow.
Stay cool!

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

maybembt responded:
Thats great news. I hope you get your energy back soon.
Blessings, Marybeth

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

cindy12345678 responded:
Roberta,
I am so happy for you! Yeah! That is such great news!
Cindy

Shell1007 responded:
Roberta,
I am so happy that you got some answers & great news also YAY !!
Try to stay cool Have a great weekend
Take care,
Shell

brcansur responded:
Hello Ladies and thank you so much for all your kind words I am planing on having a great weekend and just knowing all is good is great enough for me .
We have a road race it is were runners come from all over the world and they run through our city. It is called the Boilermaker it is this sunday morning and it goes past my house so we will be out watching the runners come by. The wheelcahirs come by around 7:30 a.m. and then the first runners around 8:a.m. the race goes on until around 10 then there is a big party at the finish line and fireworks after a fly over and all. We don't go to the after party instead we all go to brunch and then just hang out for a while and talk about who we thing did what time. Oh we have family and friends that run in it also. So it will be a fun day and great weekend I am sure just hope not to hot or humid. Have a great weekend and stay safe and cool angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Helpful Tips

Radiation Burns
I had terrible burns over 2/3rds of my breast after 7 weeks of radiation & I was miserable. Here is what I did. The doctor told me to ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center