Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
So Much for Dr Appts--Grrrr
GGrandmaJan posted:
O.K. Ladies and Gents, Be aware I am really venting.

I can not seem to get any answers as these 2 Dr's keep throwing me curves. Everytime I have my questions ready for them they keep changing the situation. I feel like I am trying desperately to catch up to them. So I made an appt to see my Onc Dr as he is local and I don't have to go up to the next city. O.K. get he appt and it is for 1/2 hour. Great.

I am so ready to bomblast him with my questions and guess what??

I see his assosciate as HE is NOT in today. Grrrrrrrrr.

Poor lady Dr. I told her of my concerns on dealing with this organizing Pueumonia and them NOT telling me what it IS. She totally agreed with me but as I told her my anger was with the Onc Dr and certainly not with her.

So again no questions answered. I have no clue if these 2 Doc's think I know all about it or are just giving me bits and pieces of this situation. After I researched it---I really got angry. As it is NOT just pneumonia but something totally different.

Came home and now have a call into the lung Dr. I had better get some answers pretty darn soon. But I HAVE to stick with these 2 as they know all about this angio crap. LOL Don't have much choice in the matter. So guess I had better calm down and not make them upset with me. LOL LOL. So I am taking it out on the board. Sorry about that.

I am just so tired of trying to catch up with them. I still can't figure out WHY they didn't explain it to me???? What could be their reasoning on this? Or are they both so upset cause they CAN"T find an answer. I just feel like we are wasting so much time if I need to go back on chemo again.

So to make me feel better I did some serious Retail Therapy!!! YAY
I got another fountain for my "Oasis". So cute as it has a bear with a little cardinal sitting on a branch. Then I got a nice small shelf unit to put my smaller grow lights on it. Since we took out a 1/2 wall in my computer room I needed to downsize my growing operation. Sure hope if fits where I want it to. Will let you know.

I did look for some new clothes also but Holy Moly the designs they have out are horrible. I can make better looking tops than what I found out there. So back to my sewing room.

Will talk later.
Jan

rachael67 responded:
Well, POOP!!!

Dr. Dreamy has some 'splain' to do!!! You are right that it just doesn't seem the way they normally work. I think you could tell them just that ....How frustrated you are because you have come to not only trust them, but to also feel safe with them. You can do a "helpless little puppy" look which should melt their hearts and get them to fill in all the blanks!! (As they are used to a jovial, joking Jan, this should really put them off-guard and make them feel guilty to have done this to such a sweet patient!! (Ha!!! We don't have to let them know that this was sneaky and calculated, right?! )

Glad the retail therapy helped somewhat! Just be careful as that can be addictive!!!

When do you expect to hear from them and posibly get some answers? One thing: Tho' he doesn't know much about "this angio crap," you might want to ask the lung doc for a thorough explanation of this particular "pneumonia"??? What do you think???

Meanwhile, remember to BREATHE!! And focus on your oasis and garden and sewing...Anything that will happily distract you and possibly save the lives of two doctors!!

Holding you in my heart and thoughts!
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

GGrandmaJan replied to rachael67's response:
Thanks for the heads up, Rachael. Yes, these 2 have not seen me in real Warrior Action, let me tell you!!!

Either I read your post wrong or you read mine wrong.

This Onc Dr and the Lung Dr DO KNOW all about Angio. That is why I have to pick and choose my battles. I need their BRAINS to help me out on this one. Plus they both know all about this "Organizing Pneumonia". I just can't figure out why they are being so evasive. I keep wondering if they thought I knew all about it. So Weird!!! Does not make any sense to me.

Ahhh Rachael, Really ME a helpless puppy act. OMG---I could never pull that off in a million years but Thanks for the idea. LOL LOL LOL

O.K. back to setting up my new fountain in my Garden. I am trying really hard to get it in shape so I can post pics. Plus it is growing. I have Peas and Bro. YAHOO.

Hugs
Jan

mhall6252 replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Jan - how frustrating for you! But maybe the docs are frustrated, too. Sometimes the answers are not obvious and maybe, just maybe they are still trying to come up with the right answers.

Just a little more patience, my dear!

Glad you got some retail therapy, that always helps! Enjoy your fountain and your shelf unit. What do you grow under those grow lights??? )

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

GGrandmaJan replied to mhall6252's response:
Yes, Michelle, You are so Right!!! AGAIN. LOL. My lung Dr called me back yesterday to explain we had time to figure this out as the so-called (lesion) is NOT growing. It also didn't reduce in size like they thought it would from being on the antibotic and Pred meds.

Thank goodness, he took the time to call me back before the week-end. So now the hospital will call me beginning of next week to schedule the lung bio. Not an open one but needle-guided one using the CT scanner. He had eliminated a lot of things with the bronchoscopy but he needs to be sure what this is. So all kidding aside this IS one smart Dr and is not willing to play the "Wait and See" game with this.

I just need to calm down and not panic so blasted much. Need to shut my brain OFF. LOL.

Thanks for your support. Much needed.

Love the Retail therapy. WaaHoo. Did wonders for my well-being. LOL.

Thanks Michelle. Hope you are still having good weather. It is cloudy here today but not rain.

Hugs
Jan

jenna291 replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Wow, Jan, what a stressful time you are having! I am glad you got a call back before the weekend. Hopefully they can get the lung bio soon to get it the heck over with!
He sounds like he is really on the ball, and it is good his eliminating a lot of things.

I know what you mean about trying not to panic - breathe - and shop of course! I know what you mean about the styles out there - yuck!! Some of the tee shirts are so long they are like shapeless dresses - lol! I've been wearing a lot of my old stuff, I like better that what is in the stores!

Anxiously wait your update with the appointment so we can get Pinky ready for the ride ~

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. Quite dry and muggy in Boston. It has been tough to keep my flowers watered and happy!!!

xo
Jenna

kiwiallright responded:
HI Jan,

When you catch up with the Dr's as they so want to call themselves, go prepared with a letter persee to them with all of your questions. When they walk in the room, give the letter to them, do not say a thing until they are finished reading what you have written. I think the process I went through last year to get my Dr to listen has paid off, I think he is actually listening and not just rattling off -
I am in a situation at the moment where they do not know what is causing some of the problems that I am having, but before my last visit I took the test results and did all of the research that I could so I understood as best I could some of the terminology that was included in the reports.

I understand your frustrations and have been told by others that sometimes they do not know what is wrong. I know that you do not want to hear that.

I hope that the shopping spree helped you feel better and finding things to do on your sewing room must be a morale booster for you.

Take care and I do hope that all is well

Love to all

Mary

Helpful Tips

Alternative consumer self-test device for early detection of breast cancer?
This may be an interesting personalized alternative for early detection to then be verified through Breast MRI/Mammography: Eclipse, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center