Skip to content
My design of Mt St. Helens done in Fabric
GGrandmaJan posted:

mhall6252 responded:
Jan - very cool. You are so creative! So is this your own artwork? If so, that's even more impressive! I may have computer talent, but you're an artist and I am so not...!!!

What will you do with this now...a decorative pillow perhaps?

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

GGrandmaJan replied to mhall6252's response:
hI Michelle,

Yes, this is my own interpretation of the mountain going offf. I used about 8 to 10 different fabics to create this. I did the Mt first then found this awesome river fabric and put that in also. I had great fun doing this.

The Mt is awesome and in my back yard so to speak. As I was living in Calif at the time it went off in 1980 -----I wasn't involved in all the mess and disaster it created. I have done several of these Wall-hanging but this is my favorite. It measures 20 inches by 36 inches. I love doing the ocean also.

I will put another pic on here later on. Now that I know how to do that. I am so proud of myself to finally figure it out with everyone's help.

How are you doing and how is the weather?? It has been in the low 90's here for the last week. Too hot for this part of the state. It won't last long tho, and will start raining soon.

Thanks for liking my wall-hanging.
Hugs.
Jan

brcansur responded:
Jan,
Oh Jan that is so beautiful and it looks so real like you could step into the picture and walk around in the field of flowers along the water. Dip your toes in the water or lay in the grass wow that must have taken some thinking and a lot of work to put together great job. I would love to see one of your ocean ones sometime I could only imagine how that would look. I so love anything to do with water and the ocean.
Have a great day and thank you for sharing your beautiful art work with us angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Jan,
This is totally gorgeous!!! You are amazing to create something so beautiful!!!! Impressive, for sure! What a relaxing work of art to look at.

Thanks for sharing.

Weather is super in Boston today - low 70's and humidity is less. Really pretty out.

take care ~
Jenna

cindy12345678 responded:
Jan,
This is absolutely beautiful! You are an expert quilter! I am
just starting to learn . Bravo!
Cindy

kiwiallright responded:
Jan I love it. I would love to see how you combined it all.

GGrandmaJan replied to kiwiallright's response:
Thanks everyone for all the compliments. I had great fun just whackying up fabric and putting it where I wanted it to go.

Mary, I used a muslin base or background and then put my pieces of fabric on it. First I started with the sky and all the flowers or fields. Then I cut up the river in different spots and put it where I wanted. I kind of built up from the muslin base. The fog around the mountain was a little tricky and I had to keep auditioning different fabric. When I got all my pieces on there I used stick glue and temporarily put them in place. Then when liked everything---I used a small zigzag stitch and clear polyester thread and sewed it all down.

After that was all done then I used a light weight batting and sandwiched it all together like a mini quilt. This was the fun part as I free-motioned quilted to highlight the different elements of the design. I got the technique from Nancy Semen's Landscape Quilt book.

You can order the book I think from Amazon. Best of luck. It is so fun to do.

Thanks all.
Jan

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
A photo!!!

And it's beautiful!

Thank you for sharing - I am beyond impressed

Haylen

GGrandmaJan replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Haylen,

Are you impressed I got the photo on here?? LOL Or that you liked my wall-hanging? LOL.

I am so totally impressed I finally figured out the photo dilemmia. YAY. It actually only took 8 months of working hard on doing that. I am a slow learner. BUT Hey, I made it!!!!
Just like Mary Tyler Moore. Gal, I Made It!!! LOL.

Thanks,
Jan

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center