Skip to content
Whew--Celebrate with me.
GGrandmaJan posted:
Good news---my CT scan showed improvement and the so-called lesion has gotten smaller. I will make this short as I am not sure it will post.

I am so relieved. No more antibotics for now. Dr Dreamy said see me in 6 weeks after another x-ray. Yahoo.

Thanks all for your support.
Jan
He who laughs at himself, never runs out of things to laugh at.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
HAPPY DANCE AND SUGAR SMACKS!

(((HUGS))) to you and I hope you enjoy your weekend -

Haylen

p.s. I'm checking "behind the scenes" on your posting issues! Stay tuned!

rachael67 responded:
As I said in my email...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bringing Pinkie 'round so that we can PAR-TAY big time!!

Exhale finally!!
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

brcansur responded:
Jan,
That is great news so happy for you doing happy dance with Kaiden he sends hugs and lots of kisses lol.lol.
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOO glad and happy for you!
I am in for the party!

hugs & flowers ~
Jenna

GGrandmaJan replied to jenna291's response:
Thanks to all of you. All the great support on here is what made me get thru this summer. Seems like all I did was have one procedure after another and then wait for results. Talk about a panicky summer.

Well, now the weather has turned really hot and our summer has finally arrived. Weirdsville. Guess it is better laten than never. My garden is doing great but tomatoes are really small. Hope they get to growing pretty soon.

Eastern Wash is having major grass and forest fires. So many peolple have to evacuate their homes. Please send prayers they get some rain pretty soon. Our state is divided in half cause of the Cascade mountain ranges. None of the fires are close to us but everything in this state is dry. We have broke all records in Western Wa by having 47 days with no rain. Now that is a record.

Again thank you all for the great support and concerns.
Fondly
Jan

P.S. I am one happy camper as the boards are working for me again.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
I'm glad your "Summer of Panic" is over and that the boards are working again. Sending "rain" thoughts your way! We have terrible fires in Southern California at times too...heartbreaking and terrifying. Even if the fires are not close, we can smell the smoke.

Home grown tomatoes...YUM!

H

mhall6252 responded:
Jan - just saw this and I'm so glad to read that your scans are improving. That is such great news! I guess you'll just have to wait a bit longer to lay eyes on Dr. Dreamy!

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

GGrandmaJan replied to mhall6252's response:
Thanks Michelle. I am so happy to be done with scans and tests at the moment. I figured Dr.Dreamy would say see you in 3 months. When he said 6 weeks I asked him how come so soon. He smiled at me said, "you intrigue me and I like talking to you". Well---- I was speechless on that one. LOL. Then he laughed. I think finally he is trying very hard to understand me. At least--- we are at a more comfortable place. LOL

The best part of getting old is you can be as eccentric as you want and nobody gives a dang. LOL. LOL But guess I take that one to the limit.

How are you doing with being a lab rat? Do they do your lab work each friday? What other tests do you have to have done? I hope it it all easy for you. I hope and pray you are not ahaving any side effects.

Fondly
Jan

mhall6252 replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Jan - so far, so good. They did labs the week before I officially started, then on "day 1" and "day 8" - both have been the last two Fridays. Now I don't have to go back until a week from Friday when they'll do labs again. Afterwards, it will normally be an every three weeks appointment...except they have to work in an extra one probably right before we leave for Hawaii.
Sometime between day 36-43 (or something like that) I'll have another CAT scan.

I feel fine - no side effects so far and I feel fine. If anything is going to hit me, it should be coming soon. But I'm thinking this is going to be an easy drug and be very kind to me while wiping out those little cancer boogers!

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

vajanie replied to mhall6252's response:
Hi, haven't had much time to myself to post anything lately, after our trip and another round of doctor's visits.
Jan, I'm so pleased to hear your CT results. I can imagine how relieved you are. We've been watching a lot about the terrible fires in Washington and certainly hope you've gotten rain by now. We've had a good season for tomatoes this year in VA, we kind of live on tomato sandwiches in the summer. Hope yours came in ok.
I enjoyed your observation about getting older and being able to say exactly what's on your mind with doctors. I think a few think I'm a touch on the eccentric side. I imagine they just think "The poor old thing's just finally gone around the bend". I'm impressed that Dr. Dreamy finds you "intriguing". I would take that as a high compliment.

Michelle, I'm so glad for you that your drug is giving you a break with no side effects. You certainly deserve this trip to Hawaii. We had a wonderful trip to France, but I do think it was too soon after surgery. But I loved the food and wine, especially the pastries, and of course the bread. Also going to market days in some of the hill towns.
I'll start my chemo in a little over a week. I've read so much about it but I guess you don't know what it's like until you experience it. My drugs will be Taxotere and Cytoxan. I'm staying busy making soups to freeze for DH in case I'm not feeling well for awhile. I love doing this in the summer, with all the fresh vegetables available. We have a wonderful city market here.

Best to you as always,

Janie

judyfams replied to vajanie's response:
Janie,
I was on taxotere and cytoxan - 6 X three weeks apart.
May I suggest that after the first infusion monitor your reaction. If you know which days you are most fatigued or sick, you can plan your other infusion schedule around that. For example my tired days waere the third and fourth after the infusion, so zi had no plans to do anything on those 2 days - just stayed home and vegged out!.
I had no side effects with the chemo. Just remember to drink a lot of water, eat lean protein, and lots of fruits and veggies. I also found eating 6 small meals throughout the day was better for me. Try not to eat any fast food or processed food either. Once I got through those bad dasys the rest of the time between infusions allowed me to do everything I normally did pre chemo.
Just listen to your body, and if you do get ant side effects don't be a matyr, and take the anti nausea meds your onco gave you.
Good luck withthe chemo and let us know how you are doing.
Judy

Helpful Tips

DIEP Flap Survival
Sept 7, 2012: Bilateral Mastectomy and immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction. I live in Washington, DC, area and have great insurance and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center