Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hello sorry gone so long Roberta,
brcansur posted:
Hello all sorry I have not been on for a while it has been crazy around here. With all that has happened this summer and then the dogs surgery. Then with little Kaiden getting more active I don't find or have much time to get online lately. The dog is still fighting me with the meds darn smart dogs eats everything I try and hide it in and out comes that pill. I took him back to get the stitches out last evening and they said he is doing fine and healing very good. So I can stop the antibiotic good because he wasn't taking like he should any way I was lucky to get one in him a day. But he still has another to take everyday. They said the lumps they removed didn't look like cancer but like some kind of wart they never seen anything like it before. But he is doing good now.
I am doing well seen my breast care doctor and got the all good and see you in 6 months that was great to hear. So things are starting to look up and a lot brighter then they did a few months back. I am feeling much much better just get tired but hey who doesn't when you are active all day with a 8 month old right. He is getting so big now and boy does he love to chat and loud too wants to make sure everyone hears him lol.lol. and he rolls all over and does the good old army crawl one leg and pull s himself along not up on all fours yet. But he does take off forward in a walker like there is no tomorrow.lol.lol. Well that is about all that is going on here staying very busy as you can see and doing very well.
I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the end of summer but fall is also a very beautiful time so enjoy it also. lots of love and angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

GGrandmaJan responded:
Oh Roberta, So happy to hear from you again. I haven't been able to post or read for several days. I do believe things are looking up for me also. At least the board seems to be working for me. Geez, I hope so as I sure did miss all of you.

Sounds like you have been so busy with Kaiden. Good for you. Enjoy him as they do grow up so fase.

As you probably read on one of my posts, I got a good report from my Dr. Dreamy. At least the stuff in my lung is decreasing in size. He was happy and whatever makes him happy makes me extremely happy. No more antibotics for now. Yippy Skippy.

Enjoy the Fall. We are having Summer now. Has been in the mid 90's for the last 2 weeks. Poor kids in school are really suffering as we have no AC in our schools. This is really Weird weather for us.

Fondly
Jan
He who laughs at himself, never runs out of things to laugh at.

kiwiallright responded:
HI Roberta and Jane,

Glad to see that you are both well and enjoying the summer that is slowly fading into fall. Trying to keep busy and out of trouble, glad that all of your reports are coming back good. I truly feel that the more active we are the more healthy cells we grow. Both take care and will catch you all again soon.

Not to much going on, in two weeks some of my family arrives from New Zealand so will be busy with them,

Take care'
Love to all

Mary

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Roberta!

I love to hear about that kiddo! We need a photo Be sure to get video of that army crawl - we missed it with my little one - one day she just stood up and walked!

Have you tried "pill pockets" for your pooch? One of my friends has a smart-spitter-outer dog. She swears by them - made by greenies.

Sugar smacks and angel hugs back!

H

brcansur responded:
Hello all !!! well we took the little man on his first hike around the lake this past weekend he loved it. They had a harvest festival and we went. You bring one food item can, box ect for the food bank as a donation to get in per person. They all kinds of venders and food and so one there plus you get to go all along the lake and walk the trails do what ever you want in the park and the lake all day long. It was a very nice day for it also not to hot not to cold just right. There were some boats out on the lake Kaiden was all big eyes and giggles all the time seeing all these different things for the first time. I am so glad he likes being outdoors as much as we do it helps.
So as you can see I have been busy and getting out a lot lately not on line much do to staying busy and getting out more. I love this time of year and tend to be outdoors a lot more. But I am feeling much better and doing much better spending a lot more time with friends out of the house. Plus doing a lot with my little man now that he is getting older and doesn't want to stay put for a min. Hope all are doing well and enjoying the weather as much as I am. Oh and Haylen yes I video a lot maybe to much lol.lol. he is going to want to kill me when he gets older lol.lol. I have tons of pictures and video.
well need to go Kaiden calls he is up from his nap. time to play !!! Have a great day all angel hugs Roberta
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,
First and foremost I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better!!! That is wondeful news.
Sounds like you are really enjoying the outdoors with Kaidan and that is great. There is nothing like the scents of fall or the pretty colors all the trees and bushes transform to. I hate to see summer go, but I do love the feel of fall.
How fun to see all these things new thru a child's eyes! What could be better???!!!

Enjoy your week - it is sunny and 70 in Boston today - lovely day for a walk.
~ Jenna

brcansur replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
Oh you are so right about that seeing things through a childs eyes is the best it is like living again and seeing it all anew. I always said after my dx and chemo I was a new person starting over and now I really feel that way. Now that I am feeling better and able to get out more and not hurt as much thanks to injection in my neck and back. They seam to take the dge off for me for now any way. Hoping that they keep working.
I am planning on going to that farmers market later today if the weather stays nice and Kaiden isn't haveing one of his fussy days. He is teething really bad and some days just wants to be held and still not to happy. He is sleeping a lot and not feeling to good right now this started about 2 days ago so hoping that means a tooth is going to finally come in. Poor little man has been going through this for a while now the tething thing that is.
Well I should let you go plus trying to get things done around here a little at a time while he sleeps lol.lol which is hard to do and be quite at the same time so I don't wake him up so I try and do the more quite things while he is sleeping and the louder stuff when he is awake. Oh what fun that is lol. But I really do love having him around so much joy in everyday.
Have a great day and enjoy those walks angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,
I am so glad the shots are helping! That is great so you can spend more time enjoying life!

Teething really is the pits for these poor little kids. Hopefully the dang tooth shows up quickly so Kaiden won't be so miserable.

Hope you enjoy the farmer's market. Such a great thing to do on a beautiful September day!

hugs,
Jenna

Helpful Tips

DIEP Flap Survival
Sept 7, 2012: Bilateral Mastectomy and immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction. I live in Washington, DC, area and have great insurance and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center