That time again
sadblossom posted:
Hello friends!
Well it is that time again.......tomorrow I go for another 6 month check up at the cancer center with a mammo, lab work,radiation therapist and oncologist. I dread the mammo the most. Always sooo painful!
Anyway, if all checks out ok I get to wait a year for the next check up!!!!
I have waited long and hard for that/this time. I would appreciate pinkie early tomorrow morning and prayers from all my fellow warriors to receive a good report.

I hope you are all doing well and many Blessings sent your way.
~Pat
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Shell1007 responded:
Hi Pat,
Wow...to get to the point of only having a check up once a year! How exciting
Good thoughts & prayers to you, always.
I will bring coffee, tea & hot chocolate for the early morning Pinkie ride.
How is Tator Tot doing?
Take Care,
Shell

rachael67 responded:
VRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!!

(That's Pinkie warming up for tomorrow's ride! )

See you bright and early...Looks like goodies are already on the menu as are tons of good wishes and support!!

Blessings.
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

mhall6252 responded:
I'll be there, too! Try to think about it as the last one before you get to resume a "normal" schedule!

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Have you guys left yet? I wanted to bring donuts - chocolate frosted with sprinkles!

((HUGS))) and looking forward to your good results!

Haylen

sadblossom replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you ladies for your replies..........I appreciate your thoughts,prayers,good wishes and yummie foods!!! And of course for pinkie!!!!!

Well yesterday went well. My lab, mammo and exams were all very good and normal. YIPPPEEEEE!!!! Doing a happy dance here!!! I do not have to have a mammo for a year !!!!! I do have to continue to see my oncologist every 6 months to monitor blood work while on this pill. And honestly this makes good sense. He said he wasn't going to let go of me that quick. But that is ok. Reports were good and a yearly mammo works for me.
Just one question if anyone knows........my mammo did show that both my breast were smaller than the mammo 6 months ago. They suggested a weight loss BUT the scales do not show that. Any ideas on this?????? The doctors did not seem concerned about it at all but it still puzzles me.

Thanks to all!
Many Blessings!
Pat

mhall6252 replied to sadblossom's response:
Woohoo on normal!!! That is such great news!

As for the "breast reduction", I have no idea. Weight loss would seem the most likely cause, although as we get older and our breasts become less dense, it seems maybe it's a natural process.

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

sadblossom replied to mhall6252's response:
Thanks Michelle! I appreciate the quick reply!

As we get older it seems we encounter so many surprises.

Thanks again and have a very nice day!
Blessings.....Pat

jenna291 replied to sadblossom's response:
Pat,
Just catching up here and want to join in and say YAY for the good report!!! I still go twice a year to my oncologist for lab work and checkups too as long as I am on the Arimidex. I am happy to go as I feel I am getting checked regularly. Once a year for a mammogram, and once a year from an mri (this Friday)
I too have seen my breasts shrink just a bit, but I am 4 years post menopause so definitely they are less dense, which I am actually happy about because my mammogram in 2006 missed the cancer because of how dense I am. I feel I get a clearer mammogram now.

Again, many good wishes and breathe and enjoy the day!!!!

Jenna

sadblossom replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
Thanks so much for replying! I do enjoy hearing from all of you. I have not had to have MRI's sense before my surgeries.
I am approx. 7 years post menopause and my breast were never very dense. I see my mammos each time they are done and I will say they look very very clear to me as well. The 'clips' show up better all the time. Actually I nver knew they were in there. ????? Could this be to 'mark' how far into the breast they went for more tissue on each surgery? They had to take tissue 3 times to get to clear margins.And in the process I lost about 1/3 of the affected breast. So many questions we can come up with.
Thanks again a very nice day to you aw well.
Blessings....Pat

rachael67 replied to sadblossom's response:
CONGRATS!!!! Dancin' away in Michigan to share the happiness with you!!

My breast began to ebb in size a few months or longer post-rads. The radiation took away more of the volume than did the surgery!

As for the clips, as I recall they were put in place prior to the lumpectomy to mark where the lump was? The mammograms are aimed to make sure they show all of them so that the field is fully examined each time. (It was always quite difficult for the tech to locate all of mine...And one exam the I was told that, judging by their location, the tumor was extremely near the chest wall ...So close, in fact, that she was amazed it had been found initially! Makes one count her blessings to be sure!)

Again, I am so happy for your good news!!

Blessings.
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

judyfams replied to rachael67's response:
Pat,
My radiation oncologist told me that the breast tissue changes after it has been irradiated. Some women get volume changes, some get hardening that feels like scar tissue. He said that those changes can happen years after radiation and are normal.
My question to him was why the changes in the breast tissues didn't lift , firm and enlarge the breast making them nubile again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He laughed for a long time after that question!
Enjoy and celebrate the good news!
Judy

sadblossom replied to judyfams's response:
Thank you Judy and Rachael for your replies.I sure appreciate them.

Rachael the clips were very defined and very easy to see. My tumor was so very superficial that the clips look like tiny stair steps on the bottom of the remaining breast. I was kind of surprised at seeing these sense I had no idea I ahd any clips in there at all. No one ever explained that part to me. Are they metal, stainless, plastic or what? I am curious about that also.

Judy I knew that the affected breast could reduce in size and harden somewhat, which mine did from the get go after rads but for the other one to reduce also and both reduce even more at the same time was confusing to me. But I honestly think there has been weight loss. I do not weigh at home.The scales are never the same as the doctor's office so I just quit. I personally think I kept gaining and then started losing, which I really started working hard at doing the last 2 months.
But I am going to enjoy the good news and celebrate the relief.
The doctor's were not concerned at all or they would not have took me from 6 month mammos to a yearly mammo now.
I was just curious to learn about this.

Thanks again ladies!
Blessings......Pat

sadblossom replied to Shell1007's response:
Howdy Shell !
Thank you for the reply !

Just to let you know that Tater Tot is doing great!! She is spoilt
and at the same time very smart! She is making a great companion. She is healthy except for some allergies plus she has panic attacks! Yes, my expensive Shi tzuh has panic attacks very easily and at times has to have meds.Wouldn't you know it........Other than that, she is great! She loves to dance on her back legs and crosses her front paws and waves them at you while sitting on her back legs. An awesome thing to watch!
Thanks for asking about her!
Blessings.....Pat

jenna291 replied to sadblossom's response:
Hi Pat,
I still think it has something to do with menopause in my case, the shrinking breasts, but no one really knows the answers!
I have a clip too and when the surgeon showed me it on an x-ray, it actually looks like a pink ribbon shape. Weird!

Judy, I am with you - how come they don't lift and firm????

Oh well, we are here to laugh about all this crazy stuff!

enjoy your day ladies ~
Jenna