Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
still waiting!
lukefrancis1 posted:
hi everyone, I am still waiting on excisional biopsy report it was just done monday.....I am starting to break...been so strong so far..but the waiting is impossible.

I find alot of inspiration in reading the posts and replies from the "club"
I know all of you have gone through the same waiting game...hopefully it gets better.

Any words of encouragement will be appreciated.
This is the day the lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

kenandfran responded:
I guess we just have to wait.. I got my Biopsy on a Monday too, and got the results of Thursday..

I wish you 'Good Luck"... Frances Morris

vajanie responded:
Hi, do you know when you'll get your results? I hope the waiting ends soon for you. I too find it like mental torture, waiting for the next test result. But I guess there isn't anything else to do.
I do hope for a good report for you. I hope you know that we're all with you and thinking about you.
Please let us know what you find out.

Janie

lukefrancis1 replied to kenandfran's response:
thank u for your reply....she said maybe friday! its torture not knowing.... good luck to you too

lukefrancis1 replied to vajanie's response:
thank you for your kind reply, trying to be so brave and not share my fright with grown kids or husband....but yesterday was a difficult day.....i feel housebound, don't want to miss the ddrs call.....don't want to hear it on my cell! hopefully this comes to a conclusion soon...will keep all my new friends posted. hugs barbara

rachael67 responded:
Yes, this is the trying time!!!!

Suggestions: Perhaps you can "check in" near the end of each day...kind of coyly tell them that you don't like to bother them, but are hoping there might be some news? (May not make the wheels move any quicker, but will give you some active effort and will keep you in the forefront of their minds!?)

Also, if the anxiety becomes overwhelming, don't hesitate to ask the doctor for some sort of meds to ease you thru this difficult time.

Lastly, being house-bound is not good...Gives one too much time to fret and focus on fears! Do your best to busy yourself with anything and everything! Catch a movie. Go shopping. A long drive in the country might help you relax. Get together with a good friend. Clean!! (Yes! I do find organizing my surroundings helps me feel I have a bit of control over what I cannot control!)

Don't concern yourself with having to return a doctor's call...Actually, not being home gives you the excuse to bother them later in the day by telling them you were afraid you'd missed their call while you were out!

Meanwhile, please feel us beside you, supporting and holding your hand! We've been there and know how difficult it can be. Lean on us for a bit. Okay??

Blessings.
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

lukefrancis1 replied to rachael67's response:
Dear rachael, thank you for your encouragement....I think my house is the cleanest it has ever been.....I just can't seem to pick up and go out. Knowing that I have wonderful women that hhave been through this with me and understand....means so much!

I am trying so hard to be positive...but the longer I wait it gets harder!

Thank you again for allowing me to vent and lean on you! hugs, Barbara (luke francis)

vajanie replied to lukefrancis1's response:
Barbara, I hope you'll feel free to lean on and vent to all of us here at any time. This board is my main source of support. I too do no share much with my husband or grown children. My husband is so good and will take me anywhere I want to go and do anything I ask but I sense he just doesn't want to talk about it. I think the idea of serious illness just overwhelms many people. My children kind of treat me like a fragile old person, which then makes me feel like a fragile old person. Well, here I am venting to you.

I really just want to say that I hope that this terrible waiting ends for you soon. And I wish that waiting moved me to clean my house too. Rachel, as usual gives excellent advice, so I won't add anything to that. I'm thinking of you and wishing you the very best.

Janie

janie, just got up the courage to call the drs office....put me on hold seemed like forever, and said biopsy will be in on Tuesday....at least I want walk around all weekend with cell and house phone attached to me!

Thank you all for understanding and sharing! hugs Barbara

Janie thank you so much for listening and sharing,,found out report will not be in till tuesday....

While I was on the phone with drs office....my husband suddently put down his sandwich and looked so sad....I agree i think the idea of serious illness does overwhelm people.

Just cant comprehend with all the technology that we should have to be tortured like this with waiting.

I am putting down the phones and going out with my husband...first time out of the house in 5 days! hugs to all! Barbara

rachael67 replied to lukefrancis1's response:
Barbara, first of all know we will all be with you next Tuesday!!

Secondly, HURRAY!! Going out with DH...away from phones and hopefully a little removed from bad thoughts! Hope the weather cooperates and that the fall air fills you both with happy thoughts, if only for a little while! You both need the break!

Try to do similar things this weekend...It will shorten the time considerably!

Blessings.
Rachael
Maya Angelou

lukefrancis1 replied to rachael67's response:
weather beautiful! good to unattach from the phone! have a good weekend all! hugs Barbara

vajanie replied to lukefrancis1's response:
Barbara, good for you for getting out of the house. Hope you and DH had a nice time together. I have my son visiting this weekend for golf and football with his dad so am very happy with that. The weather here is wonderful, just cool enough to need a sweater. We got together last with my daughter and son-in-law for dinner at a Japanese restaurant. So, still many pleasures in the midst of the everlasting waiting.
I'll be thinking of you Tuesday, hoping all goes well for you.

Janie

lukefrancis1 responded:
maybe someone has the answer to this! I feel the longer it takes for the biopsy....that the results will be positive??? anyone fine this to be true? I have a sense of relief knowing sunday, and monday, will not be the days to get my results! Tuesday is a different story. However, I am ready to do whatever is necessary to become a long time survivor! hugs to all.Barbara

rachael67 replied to lukefrancis1's response:
Gosh, if only...! Much like the lawyers on all the crime shows advise the client about what brief deliberations means vs lengthy ones? They are only correct when they need that outcome for the story!!

Sorry, no such indications that I am aware of. However, one bit of mental game you might find helpful...Figure that you will get a good report! Why? Because there is just as much a chance at this point for that as for bad news, and why should you ruin a few lovely days fretting only to find out that it is okay?! Should it turn out to not be so, then you can fret!!! We've too few blue-sky days to waste them when it isn't necessary, right?

(Okay...Perhaps that was a bit too Pollyana-ish, but let's face it...If Mr. Spock were evaluating the situation, would he not see it to be the most reasonable approach?! Go for it, Kiddo!!!)

Sending you reassuring thoughts!
Rachael
Maya Angelou

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
59 of 74 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center