Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just a short update
mark918 posted:
Hello all, I just wanted to stop in and give a short update on whats going on. Between major changes at my job, on kid being sick and another kid being in the hospital for 3 weeks now things have been very hectic. Oh ya, my "BW" had her last chemo treatment on Monday. We need to get through the weekend (she already has started to get sick and worn down) and we will be (hopefully) on our last leg of this incredible and very tough journey. She has a few follow up appointments, a mugga scan and then we meet with the radiation doc and we are hoping by Christmas she will be done with that.

I also wanted to thank you for all the support you gave me and my wife, along with the thoughts and prayers sent her way. I think of everyone all the time and stop in when ever I get a chance. I will continue to update every one and keep checking up on all of you.

Keep fighting the good fight and helping with this wonderful community.

rachael67 responded:
Hi Mark!

Thanks so much for keeping us updated tho', with all you have happening, I am surprised you had time!! Hope both the children are doing well. 3 weeks in hospital? That's a very long time. I can only imagine how worried you and BW must have been! Hope things are better now.

Yes, it is not unusual for these to be some of the most difficult days after chemo...It depends a lot on the type of chemo as well as the individual patient. Hope that it is of very short duration!

Are you taking good care of YOU??? Much as they advised on airplanes, YOU must use the O2 first in order to be strong enough to assist others! Besides, once the whole family is stronger, you need to be able to keep up with them in doing fun things for a change!!

Know that you and BW remain in our thoughts.

Blessings,
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

jenna291 replied to rachael67's response:
Hi Mark,
I am so glad your wife has finished chemo, and now can begin to feel better.
I hope your kids are okay - I can't imagine the stress that caused.
I agree with Rachel, I sure hope you are able to find time to rest and take care of yourself.
Thanks for checking in and look forward to your updates on good things to come!
~ Jenna

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Mark!

(((hugs))) to you and BW and your kids. A child in the hospital? I can't imagine the additional stress that caused. You have so much on your plate you need another plate!

This IS a wonderful community. I feel honored to work with so many smart, supportive, caring members. Although I never want to welcome new members, I'm always thrilled when a warrior finds her way to us.

Best to you all over the weekend - check in whenever you need! Open 24 hours here!

Haylen

judyfams replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Mark and your BW,
Thanks for getting back to us and glad to hear she has finished chemo. She is readyto begin the last leg of her treatment journey. One day at a time and she will begin to feel good again. It will take time so tell her to be patient with herself as her body tries to heal itself.
Don't push too hard - her energy will come back - but it will take many weeks after radiation.
You are right to have goals = like her being finished by Christmas - it gives the whole family something to look forward to.
Good to know that the kids are also coming along too!
Please take care of yourself too and let us know how all of you are doing.
Judy

mark918 replied to rachael67's response:
Thanks Rachael, the oldest son is feeling better and the youngest may be out of the hospital as soon as tomorrow.

I am a little stressed but am doing OK. We appreciate all the thoughts from everyone.

Know we do think of this group often and hope nothing but the best for everyone.

mark918 replied to jenna291's response:
Thanks Jenna,
We are happy to be through this stage. Now it is time to face the next challenge and beat it also. I could use more R & R but I get enough to get by with.

mark918 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Haylen,

The youngest is getting out of the hospital today. He is doing better and will be sore for awhile but we hope this will take care of things for quite awhile.

mark918 replied to judyfams's response:
Thank Judy,

We appreciate everything everyone here has done for us and hope we have or can be of help at some point in time.

brcansur responded:
Mark,
Hello to you and BW, so glad to hear she has had her last chemo I am sure she is happy also. I am sending angel hugs to all of you sounds like you could use them. Boy you have had your hands full and then some make sure to take care of you also while taking care of everyone else.
Your BW will feel a little or a lot run down for a while but that will start to get better as time goes on a little at a time she will start to feel more like her self again and get her energy back. Tell her if she feels like she needs a nap then take one her body knows best. We all need to listen to our bodys. I wish you and your family all the best.
Thank you for the up date like always you are the best your BW is one very lucky lady keep up the great work and hang in there because you couldn't be doing it any better. Have a great weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

mark918 replied to brcansur's response:
Thanks Roberta, it has been hectic but it is starting to slow down.

I am always telling my wife if she is tired to take a nap and she usually does. Once in awhile she gets a little stubborn.

brcansur replied to mark918's response:
Mark,
Hello again I got thinking after my last reply my ex says he is just going to chilllax it means chill and relax. Well maybe with all that you and your family has been through you should pick a time everyday to just chillax !!! Everyone just sit down together and does nothing but maybe watch a good movie or read a book or take a nap! But be together make it a family thing a time to unwind at the end of a day. We used to do this with our son when we were still together but didn't call it chillax time lol.lol. it was just family time But I really like the sound of chillax it just sounds fun and goffy silly just better then boring family time does to children if you know what I mean
Plus this will also give you time to sit with the family and chillax also lol.lol Have a great weekend angel hugs To you and your family Roberta ,
Roberta

Helpful Tips

Radiation Burns
I had terrible burns over 2/3rds of my breast after 7 weeks of radiation & I was miserable. Here is what I did. The doctor told me to ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center