Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
is this IBS?
IBS244 posted:
I have pain which started in throat 7 months ago. Then within few week I started have it in my stomach under left lung. This last for 2months where I would something around to reduce pain. Then I started having pain in my belly, above belly button. Then about a month ago, I had it in left side of lower belly. Now I have pain in only right butt are from last month, near iliacus. I swallowed something along with food bolus. I have lost somewhere close to 30 lb so far, and was130lb and 5'2. I have pain only one area small area 20 hours in day. my colonosocpy and endoscopy was normal and was done 4 months ago. This is the time, I have pain just above the belly. I feel that the area is inflammable in the area of pain.

rachael67 responded:
I am very sorry to hear of your continuing discomfort. Pain is never a welcome visitor...and the not-knowing only makes it worse.

I am glad you are seeking answers from the medical professionals. Do not settle because one test has not provided answers...Do your home work; research your symptoms; don't be led astray from excessive and unwarranted fears or "quacks" you might find on the internet. Do not borrow troubles, but remain your own best health advocate.

As for whether it might be IBS, I am afraid you will not get much information from this community as we deal primarily with breast cancer issues. WebMD, however, does have other communities which deal more with digestive and intestinal problems. Please check them out.

Also, are you aware that they have a "Symptom's Chart" which you can point out the areas affected and get some possible responses. Give it a try.

Good luck on finding answers...We wish you the very best and quick solutions!

blessings.
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center