Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
newly diagnosed invasive lobular bc
lukefrancis1 posted:
goodmorning, I am officially a member of this wonderful club.....I mean that as a compliment....the understanding and compassion that we all share.

the results is invasive lobular bc.....seeing surgeon tomorrow....never expected to hear ivl thought it would be idc....I have to admit I am so scared! mri ordered anyone who has experienced this please share with me...hugs to all barbara
This is the day the lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!

judyfams responded:
Barbara,
Sorry about your having this diagnosis. Please know that we will be here to help you as you go through treatment.
The MRI is not a problem. You lie down on a table and your breasts hang down through two openings. You are slid into the imaging tube while lting on your stomach. There is no pain with this test - and it is done to get a clearer and more detailed image than a mammo.
Please ask your doctor for some anti anxiety meds to help you get through the next few weeks of seeing doctors and making treatment decisions.
It is frightening in the beginning but you will feel better mentally once you are back in control of your your treatments. Right now it is scary that other people are telling you what to do - but that will change as you begin treatment.
We will be here with you every step of the way-so take some long, deep breaths.
Good luck to you,
Judy

jenna291 replied to judyfams's response:
Barbara, I am sorry to hear you are becoming a member of this group, but it is a wonderful place for great information with women who totally understand what you are going thru.

I just had an mri Friday, I have one every year, and it goes quick. I just think of palm trees and beautiful beaches to get me thru it.

I had IDC, but I am sure someone will respond who has your diagnosis.

Come back and let us know what is next for you and I send you tons of well wishes and hugs ~
Jenna

vajanie replied to jenna291's response:
Hi Barbara,

I'd say welcome to the club, but really it's not one anyone really wants to join, unless to say "hi" and leave well wishes. I'm very sorry you're having to go through this too.
I've had two breast MRI's one regular, and one CT guided. Do you know which you're having? I just ask for classic rock while I'm doing it. I was shocked last time when the young technicians didn't know "Pink Floyd".
Please be assured that everyone here (except possibly me, the freshman) has wonderful advice and understanding about your experience. They talked me through my first chemo yesterday at Duke, and I got over my fear because I felt prepared. So far, so good.
Thinking of you,

Janie

rachael67 responded:
I have little information to share as I have not had this experience...but I will make sure that all the members are aboard Pinkie when we show up for your appointment. We'll have baskets of flowers and happy thoughts and, of course, hugs and chocolate! Watch for us!!

blessings.
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

lukefrancis1 replied to judyfams's response:
Judy thank you for the advice....I am pretty brave....just want this done......I agree once I have a handle on this I will feel better thank you for your kind words..

Barbara

lukefrancis1 replied to vajanie's response:
Janie glad your treatment went well. tomorrow is a big day....I've done alot of research....and hopefully the dr. and i will be on the same page.! I will ask to listen to rod stewart....they should know him! hugs

lukefrancis1 replied to rachael67's response:
thank you Rachael, I'll be think of chocolate and happy thoughts

luv2knit responded:
Well Barbara move over...I'm also joining the club today! I just saw my doctor for the results from my biopsy and it seems as though as I also have lobular bc. I'm not sure if invasive or situ (i'm not sure i even asked) but I go for my MRI on Monday andn see the oncologist on Tuesday. It sounds like they want to do chemo to try and shrink the tumor before they do surgery (fun, eh). Good luck and keep me posted as I will too.
Sue in Michigan

kiwiallright replied to luv2knit's response:
Hi Barbara & Sue,
I had my experience with Invasive Lobular BC back in 2009. Due to having had BC in my right breast before and had had radiation before they were not sure what they were dealing with. Both mammogram & Ultra sound showed no tumors, I did have this growth on my right breast. The biopsy came back with - BC in the skin. My breast had strung and it looked like little red spots all over the breast. I did have chemo first, then bilateral mast.. the biopsy of the breast tissue showed the cells as lobular, they were not sure if they were viable or not, so off to radiation again. The sad of it all is we found 2011 that it had Metastasized to the lining of thePeritoneal and I have lesions in my bone marrow. I did have seven rounds of chemo back in 2009 then radiation I did try Fermara and Aromizon without much luck, today I am taking Femara and the tumour markers are stable. (I chose not to do any chemo) I wish you luck on your journey with this dreaded disease. I hope and pray that things work out well for both of you.

Cheers

Mary

luv2knit replied to kiwiallright's response:
Thank you Mary! Good luck and many prayers to you too.

Sue

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center