Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hello all update on Roberta
brcansur posted:
Hello sorry again but had a pretty bad few weeks here my cat got really sick had him to the vet a few times in a week. First they gave him meds and we took him back home he seamed to be doing better and putting weight back on. But then he started not coming out of his room or eating just sleeping a lot and then he even stopped drinking water. So back to the vet. They kept him over night and gave him I.V and said that should help. But it didn't he still didn't want to eat or drink and he wasn't moving around. I talked to the vet and he told me his kidney was failing and the I.V treatment wasn't working we could bring him home and give him pills and see how he does and if he isn't doing better by morning bring him back and they would have to put him to sleep. I decided I did not want to make him suffer any more just for me that would be mean so I had to let my friend of 14 years go last week it was so very hard. You don't think it will be till the time comes they are so much a part of your life it is like a family member. Now my dog is also having some issues with his liver and he just had some surgeries. Oh I sure wish I don't have to go through that again any time soon I don't know if I could handle it again right now. But that is why I have not been on line much latly running to the vet a lot then just not feeling like being on line then busy doing things around the house to clean his things out. Plus I have the little man to take care of. Which he just woke up from his nap so have to go for now will be back soon I hope take care all have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

rachael67 responded:
Oh, Roberta, I am so very sorry for all you have been thru lately The loss of a pet is always so painful and now to have another you are worried about...Please feel us beside you offering all the comfort we can!

Blessings.
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

judyfams replied to rachael67's response:
Roberta,
So sorry to hear about your animals. They really do become a part of us and it is so hard to lose them. However, you know you are a good pet owner when you don't keep them alive to suit our purposes. Your animals are lucky to have you as their owner.
I had the greatest compliment when a neighbor of mine said that she would like to "come back" in her next life as a dog owned by me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take care of yourself - and maybe there's another kitty kat in your future with Kaiden?????????
Hugs,
Judy

mhall6252 responded:
Our pets can sure break our hearts! Sorry about your kitty, and sending hope that your puppy recovers quickly.

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

jenna291 replied to mhall6252's response:
Roberta, so sorry to hear about your cat, and what your poor dog is going thru! I hope he feels better soon.

I am sending you giant cyber hugs and a big bouquet of flowers to cheer you up....

blessings ~
Jenna

brcansur replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael,
Thank you so very much for all your kind words and well wishes. I am doing my best to keep the dog well and he did finally finish his meds now I have to get him back for follow up blood work and will see if they worked and hope he is better. I hope it was just a passing thing and that it is all cleared up. But he is also 14 years old and a American Eskimo they say they tend to have a lot of health issues as they age. I am praying that he is one of the lucky ones because so far he hasn't had any till now. He was a little down and looking for his buddy last week but doing better this week it seams. Thank you again for the support I just wish that I would get a break sometime soon it seam this summer has been a ruff one maybe the fall will be better.
One good thing at least I am doing much better through all of this my health is doing well and I am getting more energy one day at a time . I am even doing some work in the house and getting ready to redo that back hall of mine something I love to do !!!! Then maybe the back bedroom the cats old room that would be fun also. See I am doing better need any rooms done !!! Have a great day and weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to judyfams's response:
Judy,
Thank you and you are so right when we keep a pet alive just for ourself that is just selfish and mean. I care very much about my pets and all animals it breaks my heart to see them suffer in any way. I have decided that after these pets there are no more I can't go through this any more it hurts to much plus I am just getting to a point in my life I want to travel more and it is hard to do with pets. I feel boarding them isn't fair to them for more then a day or two and that is to long I feel. that is just my thinking because they miss you and one min is like a year to them just like a child.
I am enjoying my dog for the time I have with him he is also 14 and is having some issues but likes to act like a puppy sometimes so funny. Then the next day can't move and acts like he is 90 looks at me as if to say what you want me to do what ? go outside and walk around oh no I don't think so lol.lol. They are a lot of fun though I may say no more now but you can never say never remember Rachael lol.lol. now she has her cute sir Harry
Have a great day and weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle,
Thank you, Yes they can break our hearts but they also make us very happy too. I had many laughs with that crazy cat oh the things he used to do just to get you to look at him or pet him so very funny. Thank you also for the well wishes for the dog he is looking better and finally finished his meds I have to get him in for follow up blood work and see if they worked.
Hopeing for the best and enjoying all the time I have with him he is 14 and I know he wont be here forever So taking it one day at a time.
Have a great day and weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
Thank you so much and love the thought of the flowers. Speaking of flowers I went to the farmers market to get some of those sunflowers and they didn't have any this time. I will just have to keep looking they said they didn't do well this year with the weather here. I even went to this big craft fest and they didn't have any either. But they do have a lot of fall colors for flowers. But I want to get some of the different colored sunflowers for you the orange and burg and the yellow. I will get them maybe not till next spring or summmer but I wil get them for you to show that they come in other colors then just yellow. lol.lol. Oh and they are so pretty I get them ever year and put them on my table and fire place. Hope you are enjoying the fall and your walks I just love this time of year the smells and colors are great. Have a great weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center