Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
newly diagnosed invasive lobular bc
lukefrancis1 posted:
good morning ladies,

Had my mri yesterday....not so bad...strange felt a hand on my shoulder the whole time! kept thinking about pinkie and chocolate..must admitt also a glass of Merlot!

I dont remember if I shared this...decided for bi-lateral mast. did alot of research, and this lobular bc has a good chance of popping up in the healthy breast....I will have reconstruction ...right now waiting to hear mri results which they did on both breasts! anxious to get on with this...My grandson is getting married 10/13, so surgery is following week. However, after MRI report comes in I may opt to do it sooner and forgo wedding, sad but my health has to come first this is going on since July 27th hugs to all of you!
This is the day the lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

vajanie responded:
Hi Barbara,

Glad you got this over with and didn't find it too bad. I didn't either, another adventure along this path. You're right, a glass of Merlot about halfway through would improve this situation.
I know the decision for the bi-lateral mast was hard but I know you made the right choice for yourself. I so hope you get to attend your grandson't wedding, that's tough when health concerns have to come first.

Thinking of you,

Janie

lukefrancis1 replied to vajanie's response:
Hi Janie,

only problem the plastic surgeon my surgeon suggested is the head of surgery at Sloan but had terrible reviews bypatients...so have to talk with my dr. can't go under knowing he is not thought highly of! Please stay in touch.....its comforting to know we have friends to share with and know what we are thinking and going through! hugs barbara

brcansur replied to lukefrancis1's response:
Barbara,
Hello, I am sorry for all that you are going through and your dx. Having to decide what to do surgery wise isn't and easy one I was there myself 4 years ago and I too decided on a bi mast. I am a stage 3 triple neg survivor. I want to wish you all the best and let you know I am sending my prayers your way and loads of angel hugs along too.
The reason I am sending this is I just read your post about this surgeon you are being sent to and the bad reviews you have heard about him. My first question would be are they about his actual surgery or bedside manor ? If it has to do with his bedside manor and not the surgery I had the same issue with my surgeon but I will tell you he is the best surgeon in the area and did great work on my surgery and I wouldn't have wanted any one else to have done it. I don't care how he is when he comes in my room so what he talks all business and tells me like it is and that is it. He doesn't joke and talk about his personal life I don't care he took very good care of me and did his job well very well at that and I healed very well and my scares haved healed nice. Now if it has to do with the way he does surgery and you have a chance of problems or infections issues down the road then I would say by all means please talk to your doctor and try and get someone lese. Because word of mouth sometimes is all we can go on and if enough people say he isn't good then that is enough to get me to say NO WAY !!! I am not letting him put me under and doing anything to my body !!! It is your body and you only have one of them so you have to speak up and stand up for your self because no one else is going to do it for you. I say good for you for checking into this doctor before you have him doing surgery on you way to go not everyone does this and find out the hard way. I wish you all the best and keep standing your ground !! I can tell you are one strong lady stay strong you will go far you will beat this beast I am fighting and cheering right beside you all the way. Have a great day and weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

lukefrancis1 replied to brcansur's response:
lost my reply somehow! thank you roberta for your words of encouragement...I need them today kind of teary! obsessed with this beast! path report say lymphovascular invasion...scaring the heck out of me.as far as plastic surgeon it was both personality and work....tomorrow I should have dates and times for all.I can't tell you how moved I am by your aangel hugs, roberta...I am praying for everyone...don't know how brave I am, but will fight like heck. angel hugs back Barbara

Barbara,
Hello, I am so sorry you are feeling down but hey we all have thise days go ahead have a good cry it feels really good after lol.lol. I do myself sometimes boy and I sure do feel great when I am done . You have a lot going on right now and your feelings are normal so don't feel bad about it or try and hid it let them out holding it all in will only make you sick getting it out makes you feel much better. But if it gets to be all the time then you can talk to your Dr about some meds to help you out a little and there is nothing wrong with that either.
So are you going to the surgeon that was recommened or someone else for your surgery? Sometimes you with your own gut felings about them when you meet with them. That is what I did. Like I said I heard a lot about my surgeon I had my meeting with him and liked what he ahd to say and he did a great job. I wish you the best of luck and sending more of those angel hugs to help relax you guide you and comfort you all the way. You are one of us now a fighter we are here to back you all the way any questions or just want to talk we are here 24/7 . Hang in there you are brave and strong and a fighter keep your head up and remember the angels are always there no matter what Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Roberta, thank you once again....you are so kind, I am a fighter and will do all that I have to.

I just have to stop disecting path report...too much knowlege is frightening! My bc set me up with a wonderful plastic surgeon I am scheduled 10/22 with my bs and dr. joseph disa..have appoint to meet with him this friday!

My gyno called me today this is his 4th call to me just to check in, I have never known a dr. to call and just be kind and ask if I had questions..and to stay in touch with me.
I don't know if I told you but during the MRI I felt a heavy hand on my right shoulder during entire test...of course I could not look to see if it was a hand but sure felt like one!
How long are you since your surgery roberta?I feel as though my memory is wacky...you proberbly have told me but I have been alittle foggy with this going on! again thank you for being here for me angel wishes and hugs back to you,
Barbara

rachael67 replied to lukefrancis1's response:
Barbara, so glad you knew we were beside you during the MRI!

And even more glad that you have a doctor like your GYN! They are rare and are definitely to be treasured!

Know that Pinkie will be filled with all the members for your appointment with the plastic surgeon (My daughter, when she was in first grade, had a nasty run-in with the swing set bars and needed one. However, she didn't quite hear what he was called and always referred to him as her "Plastic Servant"!!)

Please keep us updated how things are going...And don't forget to breathe!!

Blessings.
Rachael
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.
Maya Angelou

lukefrancis1 replied to rachael67's response:
again hugs and thanks rachael.. How sweet with your daughter and her plastic servant! Yes I certainly did not feel alone in the MRI!
Looking forward to speaking with ps...my gyno suggested silicone,,,,surgeon said expanders than filler...Just wish it was over. Surgery 10/22! I guess its soon enough, Angel wishes!Barbara

Barbara,
I am 4 years it will be 5 in Feb since dx and 3 years since first surgery. I have had a few surgeries due to some problemswith my implants one was not fitting right due to my scar and didn't match the other side so had to have a bigger one put in. Then I got a infection 2 year later on the other side still don't know how or what from. The doctor thinks it was from a spider bite had to have implant removed and a drain put in for 3 weeks then let it heal and had to go through a having expander and fills again then new implant but please do not let this scare you that is just something that happened to me it doesn't happen a lot if ever. I am just one of the lucky ones lol.lol. But now they are both healed and doing fine they aren't my own boobs but they are breast on my chest not fake ones I put in a bra. I know what you mean about the fog it happens to a lot of us and me all the time lol.lol.
I too have a lot of very nice doctors that call to check in still to this day. Rachael is right they are very hard to come by so when you get one hold on with both hands.
About the hand on your shoulder during your MRI it was all of us and your angels watching over you for comfort and support. We are never far away and neither are your angels if you believe. Just have to keep that in your mind when ever you are upset, scared or just need someone beside you close your eyes and think of us and your angels and we are all there beside you. See I have this thing for angels it is a very long story it started when I was young and I will never forget and will alway beleive in them because of it. That is why I say angel hugs at the end of my post.
Roberta

Hi Roberta, so happy to be corresponding with you. I too have had a thing with angels for years!...collect them, read about them! also feel them near me!

Just second guessing myself...hopeing the unclear margins stay as they are till 22nd! thank you for all your help.

i will see surgeon on Friday the plastics guy...will letyou know what he says. Angel hugs back!

Barbara

Barbara,
It is very nice to hear of someone else that knows what I mean when I talk about the angels I too read about them collect them and I have had times that I have seen something but don't really know if it is an angel. It started when I was a little girl after a dealth in the family and it has been happening a lot every since. I also have dreams that come true if I remember the whole dream and have it more then once. I don't tell many people about this because they start acting different towards me when I do. But I believe it all has to do with the angels and what ever happened when I was younger and my great granmother passed. She was hit when walking to the store early in the morning by a hit and run driver. I had a dream about it the night before and told my mother. But she didn't do or say anything to anyone. Then I had it again the night that it happened and that morning we got the phone call but still she didn't tell anyone that I had a dream about the accident. It scared me for years if I had dreams like that I wouldn't tell any one I just wanted them to go away. But now I understand them and just let them in and work with them. I don't tell anyone about them because they never listen anyway. I just pray and hope it helps and believe in the angels that are all around us.
I also ask my angels to protect me and guide me everyday.
I am asking them to do the same for all the ladies on here everyday including you. I will ask them to be there on Fri with you with extra angel hugs. So if you feel a warm feeling it is just their wings around your shoulders. At least that is the feeling I get when I ask for a sign they are here. have a great day have to go the baby just woke up from his nap will talk again soon. Angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Hi roberta, I agree it is inspiring to know that someone other than yourself has the ability to feel Angels!
My mom past at 94 about 10 days later we had had a asian cruise planed. We were in the Bearing sea...no internet all systems down....on my blackberry the words MOM came up 2X my husband could not believe it.....the other night I was speaking with a cousin, who said she was wearing a pearl bracelet to a wedding. My aunt who past 2 yrs ago came to me! I told my cousin...while on the phone...she said don't u remember Aunt Maria worked in a pearl factory!!!

So yes, i believe they are with us every step of the way! Angel Hugs stay in touch, Please

cindy12345678 replied to lukefrancis1's response:
Barbara,
I'm sorry you have been dealing with so much. Roberta
is right there are angels and they are watching over you.
I believe that angels were watching over me during my
treatment. They are watching over you too!
Hang in there! You have been maling some tough decisions.
You are going to beat this!!
Hugs ,
Cindy

lukefrancis1 replied to cindy12345678's response:
thank you Cindy....Ihave been a big believer in Angels....I too know I will beat this! hugs Barbara

Helpful Tips

Breast Cancer Survivor
I had breast cancer surgery on right side just below my breast 2.2 cm part since 2001. It also removed 21 nodes my armpit to protect cancer ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center