Skip to content
Cyst in a breast at 68 years old - it's pretty uncommon I am told.
Anon_11642 posted:
Hi - I had a nodule in my breast that turned out to be a cyst - I did have breast cancer almost 10 years ago and had my right breast removed - it was also in the same area - the ductal area so I thought for sure it was cancer. The dr. said it definitely was a cyst about pea size - radiologist said followup in a year with a mammogram but she thought since it is unusual for my age to have a cyst she asked if they could do a followup sonogram in 4 months which of course I said yes.

My question - has any of you or do you know anyone at my age having a cyst? Am not going to worry as I worried big time for 11 days until I got my results. Anyway - just wondering if anyone you know of had a cyst in their breast at my age - will be 69 in a few weeks.

Thank you and hope to hear from someone soon.

brcansur responded:
Anon_11642,
Hello, I have heard of cyst but not sure if they happen at your age or not. You didn't say how they decide it was a cyst, was a biopsy done or was it by mammo? When I had some issues after my dx and surgery I had a needle bio done to make sure it wasn't anything and it wasn't. I would say yes also for that follow up sono.
I have heard of getting cysts on the kidneys from chemo and other parts of your body so I wouldn't say that it couldn't happen. I have them on my kidneys now and one on my spine in my neck. I just keep my follow up appts and the doctors keep an eye on them I am told it is common. I wasn't told this before only after they found them in one of my test after chemo was done and I was having some issues !! Isn't that the way it always goes lol.lol.
I wish you the best of luck and sending angel hugs your way have a great day Roberta,
Roberta

Helpful Tips

Alternative consumer self-test device for early detection of breast cancer?
This may be an interesting personalized alternative for early detection to then be verified through Breast MRI/Mammography: Eclipse, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center