Skip to content
Anyone ever had a breast cyst after 60 years?
Anon_11642 posted:
I was diagnosed with one and am 68 - will be 69 soon - anyway - had many tests so they are sure - size of a pea.

Dr did say it's uncommon for my age - anyone my age ever had a cyst in breast? I did post a couple of times but no response but will post again in case no one saw my post.

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who did have one over the age of 60 - thank you.

rachael67 responded:
I truly hate to see someone come here and not get any response, but it appears that no one has had your experience and therefore, did not feel they could offer any info. I am so sorry you have been left hanging!

I am glad to know that you are not experiencing a cancer...And I can add that it is not infrequent that I have seen folk's posts when dealing with cysts. I cannot, however, recall their ages.

If you do not get any answers here, please ask your medical team to clarify the whys and wherefores for you. Remember you pay them...Not the other way around! They should make things clear for you.

And do let us know how you are doing and what you learn...By "sharing with the class" we all gain so much!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

judyfams replied to rachael67's response:
Rachaelas always given you good advice about asking your medical teams any questions that you have about this.
One thing I have learned over the years, is that nothing about our bodies as we age is abnormal.
Each body is different - different genetics, lifestyle, diet, stresses, environment etc. and all of that influences what goes on internally with our body. So it is not unusual for things to crop up every now and then that is different than the norm. That does not mean every different, unusual health problem is cancer, or a terminal illness.
For that reason you have to thoroughly discuss your particular situation with your medical team and trust them. if they tell you what you have is not common, but you need not worry about it then that is what you should do.
As we age and live longer (I am 69) I am sure more of us will have things crop up that is not considered routine for someone our age - I have learned to accept that and trust my doctors.
Hopefully you will find some peace of mind too.
Judy

sunflower1943 replied to judyfams's response:
Thank you lots - appreciate hearing from you - yes I plan not to worry and just go back in 4 mos like they wanted me to do and not going to stress.

Have a good weekend.

Helpful Tips

DIEP Flap Survival
Sept 7, 2012: Bilateral Mastectomy and immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction. I live in Washington, DC, area and have great insurance and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center