bi lateral mast.
lukefrancis1 posted:
I too am scheduled for bi-lateral mastectomy and am feeling the same scared, anxious, denial feelings that many women I am sure feel.My prayers go with each and everyone of us....who are faceing this life changing challenge. That we will be strong, and conquer this disease! Angels hugs to each and everyone of us!
This is the day the lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!

kiwiallright responded:
I truly understand how you are feeling and everyone else. It is very hard to lose our breast because of a dreaded disease. I felt as if I lost part of my womanhood. I had to wait a year before reconstruction and when I saw cleavage all I could say was thank you.

I did share a few years ago what I did before I actually went in for the surgery. My friend and I got clear labels, wrote things like so long farewell, thank you for the last forty years. Bye girls, I cannot remember all that we wrote and I stuck them to my boobs before I was wheeled into the operating room, the nurses tired to scrub the ink off until I said they were clear labels. The surgeon got a laugh out of it. .

I hope that all goes well with your surgery, take care of yourself.

Cheers

Mary

brcansur replied to kiwiallright's response:
Mary,
I thought I was a prankster and liked to joke with everyone including my doctors but that one has me beat. You had me laughing Boy I wish I would have seen this sooner that would have been a blast to do to my PS on any one of my surgeries. LOL. Didn't know you had it in ya lol. So what else have you been keeping form me ha !!?? No it is so good to have a little humor in all of this if we can't laugh a little who can. I did put those stick on lights that run by battery in my bra after my surgery when going in for my check up to get drains out. I got the doctor laughing on that on he told me to turn the high beams off and lay down. Then I wasn't even thinking about them still being in the bra and went to the store to get milk and seen my nurse from onc office and told her about it then remembered and had to show her right in the middle of wal mart. Then we both thought of the cameras at the same time and started laughing so hard. Here I am with my shirt open and just a tank top on with these lights on in my shirt so funny. So goes to show we can even have fun during all of this stress of having the dx and the surgery. Hang in there ladies you will be fine it isn't easy but we all find a way to get through it one day at a time. But remember it can never take away our humor or laughter so keep laughing and having fun no matter how bad it may seam it will only get as bad as you let it. Angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

kiwiallright replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,

I never did like wearing/using the fake boobs, I remember one night taking the bra and boobs off and throwing the bra and contents across the room, man did they fly. I just had an awful thought, if you are ever in a situation where you cannot get out of, just say, got to go to the toilet, take off the bra and contents and when you come out you have a pretty heavy weapon, through as hard as you can.

Like you said Roberta, as bad as it all is and as much as we hate what cancer is doing to us, we always need to look for the funny. Mind you even with my new boobs, I cannot find a cup that fits. I went from a good "C" to a funny looking "A". I am keeping them -

Have a great day......

Cheers

Mary

brcansur replied to kiwiallright's response:
Mary,
That is a very good idea now I know what to use those old fake boobs for weapons lol.lol. They are just sitting in the back of my closet for a rainy day or a good holloween custom lol.lol. Or dress up for the girls lol.lol
Oh I know what you mean about not fitting into a bra right now I was a DD before now I can't even tell you maybe a D but the tips don't fill out if a C they are to tight in the cup it is odd isn't it. So I get the paded cup in a D sometimes can get a C and just hope it works to wear under my tops that way they are shaped so you really can't tell they aren't filled all the way out or the right fit. I even went to a brs fitting at a breast cancer store and they don't fit right either. Go figure. So I wear cami's most of the time more comfortable and easier. I hate bras anyway they hurt under the breast from my surgery and fibro.
Bra free and loving it.
Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

GGrandmaJan replied to kiwiallright's response:
Oh Mary, Those clear labels you used sound hilarious. Good thing you were still awake enough to tell the nurse to quit trying ot scrub them off or you wouldn't have had any skin left. Love your sense of humor. LOL LOL Now we have another member to our short list of crazy women. LOL

Hope your garden did as well as mind. We finally got some summer about the end of July then had almost 4 months with no rain. Unheard of in my neck of the woods. I didn't hardly have any weeds in my raised beds. Course with all that hot weather the dang slugs disappeared too. YAY.

Hope you are doing well. After my summer of Dr appts, procedures and waiting for results I am so glad those 4 months are over. Finally got a clear chest x-ray. Now into my sewing room and get some projects finished.

Sending hugs and good thoughts.
Jan
He who laughs at himself, never runs out of things to laugh at.

kiwiallright replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
HI Jan,

Yes it is hard to believe that our summer is over, it is cold out there today and I need to get out before the day is out to get my impatiens out before it freezes tonight. This summer most of the garden did good and I started fertilizing everything with Miracle Grow, all was doing well, then all of a sudden, no idea why but all of my petunia's up and died on me, most of the ones in my pots turned all brown. It was funny as flowers next to them just kept blooming, so unless there was a bug in them I do not know. I have already started putting my flower beds to bed for the winter, now to decide if I want to plant more blubs,

I am glad that all of your testing is over with and everything is clear, I am still plodding along, I found out last month that there are cancer lesions in my bone marrow, have been there all along, I either did not hear the Dr last year or he just failed to mention it. As it has been there all along nothing has changed in what I am taking. Still stable. Just seem more tired. With the Holidays coming I need to get busy and decide what I am going to sew. My sister was here for three weeks and I got new covering for my outdoor furniture. It was worth the cost to buy material and more cushions, I'd still be at it if she did not show up to do it.

Take care and hope that all is well with you all

Cheers

Mary

GGrandmaJan replied to kiwiallright's response:
Mary,
Sounds like you had a very busy summer with your garden. Mine started out really slow then the hot weather came and that is what they needed. I only planted 2 zuki plants and they were slower than all the rest. I was hopeing to get enough so I could make my zuki relist. Didn't happen tho.

Geez, I am so sorry to hear the your new lesions. Can they give you anymore meds for that one?

It would be so nice if this blasted ca would give us all a break. I was so thankful they didn't find any ca cells in my lung. Brother, they did everything to find out what it was. How I got strept in my lung, have no idea. My Dr Handsome Dude put me back on prednisone so now I am all hyper on those. Cleaning house, cleaning closets and etc. Then I will be spending the next 5 months looking for the junk I put away SOMEwhere. LOL.

Have a good time sewing. I am trying my best to finish stuff. Goodness knows I have enough started. LOL
Hugs
Jan
He who laughs at himself, never runs out of things to laugh at.