Skip to content
New Diagoned- Any advice
justkarenc posted:
It's a few more days until the 22nd and my surgery is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. So glad the surgery will be done and the cancer out of me. I'm calm right now let's hope I am like that when I walk into the hospital

rachael67 responded:
Don't worry if you are a bit shaky the day of surgery...We'll be right beside you, taking your hand and offering all our support!

I hope in the meantime that you are doing your best to fill each day with some pleasant distractions. It might help the time pass a little easier.

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

cindy12345678 responded:
We will all be there with you. Yes, you can;t keep the cancer .
It has to go. You are making a very big step forward to
recovery. Like Rachael says , find time everyday to
take a few minutes ( or more) to do something you enjoy.
A walk, movie , book, talk with a favorite person. Friends
brought over new movies for me to watch when I came
home from the hospital. It was really nice. When you
come home , just pamper yourself and rest. You will feel
better knowing the cance is out.
Hugs and prayres,
Cindy

vajanie responded:
Hi Karen,
I have kept your surgery date in my mind, and wanted to check in with you before you go tomorrow. I think you'll remain calm because you get to the same place as everyone, getting the cancer out. I'm so sorry you have to go through this, hope you have plenty of support, and everyone is right, please take it easy and let yourself be pampered. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you successful surgery and a good outcome.

Please let us know, when you're able, how you're doing. My thoughts and prayers with you.

Janie

justkarenc replied to vajanie's response:
I have great support. everyone wore pink at work on friday for me which was so special. the support and been great and know in less than 24 hours I will be in surgery and the cancer will be leaving me.

I want to thank everyone for their support and I will let you all know how I am doing

GGrandmaJan replied to justkarenc's response:
Hi Karen, Sending loads of prayers and healing thoughts your way for a very speedy recovery.

Please, tomorrow just close your eyes and feel all of us surrounding you and holding your hands.

Don't be surprised if you have different colored toenails upon waking. Some of us like to have a little fun. What is your favorite color.

Let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.

You will do just fine. And just think no more ca in your body. Horray for you.

Hugs and prayers.
Jan
He who laughs at himself, never runs out of things to laugh at.

justkarenc replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Thank you everyone for your prayers, thoughts and good advise. I got home on wednesday. I was calm when I left here monday morning and I knew she would make me better.

In the operating room when they had me on the table I closed my eyes and my doctor said are you mediating or getting to tell us a joke. I said I am tired I got up at 5:30 a.m. she said me too and I said you need to be awake. That is the last I remember of Monday. Tuesday was a little clearer.

I am been feeling good and had a problem today when i took my regular meds with no food. Other than that no problems excepting sleeping. I sleep on my side so Wednesday night I sat on the couch and got 8 hours of sleep, not bad.

Thanks everyone for everyone, you guys were great

cindy12345678 replied to justkarenc's response:
I am glad you are doing well. Just rest and pamper yourself.
You have taken the first big step to recovery. I am glad
you got some sleep. I slept sitting up for awhile. I am
wishing you a quick recovery!
Hugs,
Cindy

rachael67 replied to justkarenc's response:
Glad to hear things went well and that you are relatively comfortable as you heal. Remember to be very kind to yourself.

Give a shout if we can offer anything from advice on a problem to a listening ear for venting. You remain in our thoughts.

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center