Skip to content
Went to Hawaii, had to come back for an emergency
mhall6252 posted:
So we left for California and Hawaii on 10/7. We had a lovely time with DH's family and then went on to Hawaii. All was great until Wednesday when we got a call that my mom (she's 83) had a brain aneurysm - a massive brain bleed - and will not survive. We had to cut the trip short and left Hawaii on Wednesday night. After talking to her doctors, we moved her to hospice today and it's going to be a matter of just a few days. She is not in pain and she looks like she's taking a nice nap.

She has had Alzheimer's for several years and it was getting pretty bad but she could still take care of her personal needs and she knew my DH and me. This final journey will be kinder to her than the one she faced from dementia. It's harder on us because of the sudden nature, but she leaves this world with her dignity intact.

I am doing OK, the chemo is still easy to take, and I feel pretty good. I go back to Dana Farber next Wednesday for bloodwork and a quick exam. I can't remember if I mentioned that I had a CAT scan just before we left for our trip and the cancer was stable.
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

rachael67 responded:
Oh, dear Friend, I am so very sorry to hear this. Fortunately, as you say, she is not in any pain, but I can imagine the heart ache you must have. Alzheimers takes those we love from us twice! A most unfair disease!!

Please know we are beside you and your Mom, holding both your hands and praying for peace for you and all your family.

You add the info about your cancer being stable as a tag line of sorts...Under different circumstances we would celebrate much for such good news. Please know that we still are but a bit mror quietly.

Sending caring thoughts and prayers your way.

Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

GGrandmaJan responded:
Oh Michelle,
I am so so sorry about your Mother. My heart goes out to you and your family. Alzheimrs and or Dementia are such horrible diseases. It is so unfair to lose them twice.

Please, feel us beside you holding you up thru this. Am sending loads of prayers.

We are all glad your chemo is easy on you and you are stable.

Hugs and Prayers.
Jan
He who laughs at himself, never runs out of things to laugh at.

jenna291 replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Michelle, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I know hospice will do all they can, they are truly saints. They got us thru my dad's final days. Amazing group of people.

Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. So sorry you had to cut your vacation short. What a tough thing to here being away.

SOOOOOOOOOOO happy to hear the chemo is easy to take. You need your strength right now, for sure.

Sending you cyber hugs, prayers and deep breathes,
Jenna

brcansur responded:
Michelle,
So sorry to hear about your mom my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. I am so glad and happy for you that your cancer is taking it easy on you at this time. Will be sending loads of angel hugs to you, your mom and family for comfort, guidence and strength. Roberta,
Roberta

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center