Skip to content
Sending Support to Members.
GGrandmaJan posted:
Hello All.

Several of our members are going thru some difficult times right now so let's send them all our support and good thoughts. Let them know we are standing right beside them.

Perhaps light a candle and let them know we are thinking of them.

Thanks.
Jan
He who laughs at himself, never runs out of things to laugh at.

mhall6252 responded:
Thanks, Jan, and all of you for your support.

For those who haven't heard, my mom passed away on Monday after suffering a brain aneurysm while we were in Hawaii. We flew home immediately (well, as immediately as is possible going from Hawaii to Boston). She never regained consciousness but we are grateful that we made it back before she died. And she didn't suffer - it was the painless passing with dignity that we had wished for her. She was mid-stage with Alzheimer's, so this was a truly merciful ending to her life.
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

vajanie responded:
Jan, I'd certainly like to add my support, good thoughts and best wishes to each. I think of all our members so much, and will certainly light a candle for all.

Janie

vajanie replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle,

My heart goes out to you and your family. I think that losing a mother or father is so hard, they've been with us all our lives and it seems they should always be there. But the fact that she passed away peacefully and without pain is such a blessing.

I know your family and friends will be a comfort to you in this sad time, and I will keep you in my thoughts.

Janie

judyfams replied to vajanie's response:
Michelle,
My deepest condolences to you and your family on the loss of your mother.
It's so hard to lose a parent but at least she did not suffer. Please take care of yourself during this trying period as you go through your treatment.
Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Much love,
Judy

rachael67 replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle, please know that we all are standing beside you and holding you and all your family in our hearts. Very difficult time to be sure, but I know how blessed it must be to not only have been with her, but to know she did not suffer.

Blessings and prayers of solace.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

rachael67 responded:
Thanks, Jan, for caring and watching over all of us!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle, I'm so sorry for your loss. There are no words but I'm glad you are comforted by her painless and dignified departure.

My mother spiraled into dementia after a stroke and I wish her passing would have been similar.

Lighting a candle for your mom now and sending (((hugs))) your way.

Haylen

p.s. For those interested, here's a direct link to the "Light a Candle" feature: Light a Candle You can always find this feature in the "Announcement" box at the top of this community.

Haylen

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Beautifully put Jan. Thank you for continuing to be such an important part of this supportive community.

Haylen

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I've corrected the link so that members get to the right "Light a Candle" area!

Sorry for any confusion -

H

brcansur replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle,
I am so sorry to hear about your mom my heart goes out to you and your family at this time. It is a blessing she went gentally and with dignity while in her sleep so to say. Please take care of yourself during this trying time and know we are all here for you any time. Sending loads of angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

mhall6252 replied to mhall6252's response:
Thanks, everyone! The funeral was yesterday and things have settled down a bit. We had quite a fuss for the funeral - Obama was holding a rally at a school less than one block from the home of my mom's two sisters. We had to work with the campaign officials to be able to get a car into the blocked off area to pick them up for the services and return them. It was a bit of a hassle, but it all worked out. Good thing we thought about it or we'd have never gotten to them, and they are both in their 80s so they couldn't walk to the corner where they were stopping traffic.
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

jenna291 replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle,
I am joining all of our friends here in sending you hugs and condolences on the loss of your mother. Blessings that she did not suffer.
I hope you will be able to get some rest and regroup, I know you have so much on your plate right now.
I hope your short stay in Hawaii was great - a good escape from all this reality stuff!

Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and your family, and sending prayers your way.

best -
Jenna

Helpful Tips

Breast Cancer Survivor
I had breast cancer surgery on right side just below my breast 2.2 cm part since 2001. It also removed 21 nodes my armpit to protect cancer ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center