Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Everyone Please Report in after "Sandy"!!!!
GGrandmaJan posted:
Praying everyone stays safe. Westerners are all worried about friends and Warriors on the East Coast.

Rachael, has a great idea to::::

Please post after Sandy goes away so we all know everyone is O.K.

Canada had a 7.1 earthquake in BC. last night. Hawaii on Tsunami warnings. Sirens were going off last night in Hawaii. Anyone on the board from that State? Would like to hear from you. Oregon and Northern Calif coasts were all on Tsunami advisory.

Hope everyone is all right.
Hugs.
Blessings
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!

brcansur responded:
This is a great idea thanks Jan and Rachael right now very dark and cloudy getting colder wind starting to pick up but the storm hasn't hit here yet. I will keep everyone posted as long as I can. We are told we may get rain mixed in with wet snow and winds 60 to 80 miles per hour. Not good for all the little ones that want to go out trick or treating that is when they are calling for it to be the worst.
Hope all are well and that we all stay safe, warm and dry.
Angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

kiwiallright responded:
HI,

I know this was written awhile back but Hawaii is doing good, my friend let me know that they moved to higher ground - no big waves and went back home to bed. Those of you on the East Coast, please be safe and I hope that if you are in need of help it will not be long before it gets to you.

Love to all

Mary

brcansur replied to kiwiallright's response:
Mary,
Thank you so much I am on the east Coast about 4 hours from NYC they got hit very bad I feel bad for everyone there. We started feeling the wind from there about 6 p.m. last night and it is getting even stronger today. Last night it was windy and with pounding rain it sounded really bad the dog didn't want to go out before going to bed last night. Today it is even worse with the wind and don't know how long it is going to last. I did all my shopping and running around over the weekend I am in till this all passes over and long gone that is for sure. I hope everyong stayes safe and dry my thoughts and prayers are with you all angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Hi ladies,
Jan, great idea to post and find out how everyone is doing!
I live near Boston and I can tell you it was a long, windy, rainy night. No power loss but a lot of my neighbors are in the dark, but a big old oak tree on my front lawn split in half and came down and landed in the middle of my road. We are still waiting for our town to clear the road, but there are many situations like this, and one building in my town had the roof blow off and sent people off to a shelter!
I know it could have been worse, thank God no damage to the house, but what a scary experience watching it fall and feeling helpless. Fortunately we saw it crack and were able to move cars out of the way or they would have been smashed!
Today it is sunny and 60, little winds, but we are scared the rest of the tree will fall before someone can come and remove it. Keep your fingers crossed no problems!

Happy Halloween to you all - no idea if we will celebrate it or not with so much damage in the town (at least 40 trees brocking roads and causing power outages.)

Will stay in touch!
thanks ~ Jenna

GGrandmaJan replied to jenna291's response:
Oh so Happy you are safe. Mercy, what a storm. Glad no damage to house or cars.

Jenna, you give me toooo much credit as Rachael had the idea first. LOL

So glad you and Roberta are safe. Hope Michelle checks in soon. Wonder how NH did thru all this. Perhaps she doesn't have power tho.

Stay dry and take the day off. You deserve it after all that stormin'.
Hugs
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!

kiwiallright replied to brcansur's response:
HI Roberta,

You stay cuddle up and safe while that storm does it thing, very sad at how much damage it did do.

Take care, and hate to day this but we had a gorgeous day here, so far the whole week has been nice,

Love to all

Mary

brcansur replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
I am so happy to hear you are safe and your home is ok thank god that trees didn't land on your home and that you moved your cars in time. You are right it could have been a lot worse. I feel so bad and sad about what everyone in NYC and Jersy are going through and any place else that got hit hard from this storm. Each storm that comes is just getting worse and hitting harder and harder. Stay safe and warm I am sending loads of angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to kiwiallright's response:
Mar,
I am doing just that staying in and staying warm it is still cloudy and rainy here cold damp just not nice out. The wind has let up and the rain is calmer just like a reg fall rain now but it is supposed to be like this the rest of the week then snow on the weekend not nice don't wont that white stuff to early for that I am so happy that someone has sunshine and bright days and glad that it is you enjoy it !!! Try and push some this way ok !! But then again I have been just bumming around and not doing much of anything this week just going to PT and taking care of Kaiden that is work enough lol.lol. then relaxing the rest of the time it does feel good to relax for once. With all the dark clouds haven't felt like doing much so I just didn't lol.lol.
Have a great day in the sun and I will relaxing in the clouds
angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Hi Roberta,
It does seem like the weater is getting more and more dangerous all the time. Really scary because you can only do so much to prepare, especially if you live on the coast.

Have my annual appt tomorrow with radioloy oncologist and the roads are fine to go - its about 6 miles from my house and thankfully we have power. We even see a little sun today, and now the big clean up!!!

take care and thanks for your well wishes ~
hugs, Jenna

GGrandmaJan replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,

Sending you all good thoughts for a super-duper appt. You will do fine. Hope you can get there due to the roads and etc. You might call them ahead of time and make sure they have power, tho. LOL Just a thought.

Is this a check-up from having rads? I usually have check-ups with my Onc Dr. Just wondering.

Hugs and safe travels.
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! by Me.

justkarenc replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
I'm in CT and my family is fine.

GGrandmaJan replied to justkarenc's response:
Good---Good, Glad to hear that. How are you doing other than the storm? We haven't seen you posting much. Hope everything is going well.

Blessings
Jan

judyfams replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Hi everybody - It's Judy from NJ. I'm baaaaack!!!!!!!
I live in northern NJ so wind was the culprit, not high tides. And boy the wind on Mon. night was awful! Trees down all over the lawns and roads. My house was fine, but I lost power on Monday afternoon and that was a nightmare.
The power just came on Thursday night around 10PM and it was scary. My dogs were fine during the day, but the dense blackness at night spooked them - no lights, no stars, no moon, no streetlights - it was eerie. And it was cold at night - but not freezing.
Could not get a hotel room - all were taken. My daughter wanted me to come to VA, but it was easier for me to stay put.
I had to charge my cell phone in the car which meant using gas, so I too was stuck on one of those endless gas lines with all the rest of the planet - or so it seemed!
Then there was driving around trying to avoid debris and not having any traffic lights - no way was I going out at night!
It was so boring being home alone - only my battery powered radio, and my knitting, needlepoint and books. But how much of that can one do. So I ventured out to find stores in other towns that were open - just to see people and talk to them - supermarkets, a library and a starbucks.
And then my neighbor on each side left to go to relatives so I really felt alone - no neighbors, no power and eerie quiet especially at night.
I only had my two cocker spaniels to protect me and we all know how vicious they can be! Had anybody dared to break into my home they would have been licked to death!!!!!!!!
All in all I consider myself very, very lucky - so many others in this storm and past storms have lost more than I did. All I lost was my sense of security and my power - a small sacrifice compared to so many others.
So I am glad to be back and thank you all so much for caring about me. Thank you for caring.
Love and good health to all of you,
Judy

GGrandmaJan replied to judyfams's response:
Thank the Dear Lord, Judy you made it thru. Wheeeeewwww.

I was so worried as NJ was hit hard. It is unbelievable. Yes, we do take power for granite. It is so difficult to try to live without it.

Welcome back. !!!!!! The West coast is sending cargo planes of equipment to you guys. Power trucks and lineman and etc. Thank goodness for Planes.

Will talk later.

I am so so so so happy you posted. Try to relax---- the clean up is beginning.

Blessings Always.
Jan

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center