Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Newly diagonosed - any advice
justkarenc posted:
Found out yesterday in right breast 2 out of 4 nodes were cancer, left breast was clean. 0 out of 4. So I need chemo since right tumor was 7 cm while the left was 3 cm. So need to see the radiation doctor and my onologist sometime next week.

Good news about the left, good news the drains were taken out yesterday as well! I can shower

caseyjones82 responded:
Do u mind if I pray for you? I hope that you find courage and strength. If you dont mind m asking what were some of your symptoms or signs? I am just curious because I have noticed changes in my left breast . Thank you for your courage.

rachael67 responded:
We will celebrate the good news, and be here for tons of support on the challenges!

Your attitude (even tho' you may be struggling to be brave!) seems very good. You will get thru this, hopefully with the least amount of stress and trouble. Meanwhile we will be beside you whenever you need us. Please watch for Pinkie on any treatment days as we will definitely be there with hand-holding, some treats and even a few celebrities to help take your mind off other stuff!! Any requests???

You are in my heart!

blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

justkarenc replied to caseyjones82's response:
Please, I would appreciate your prayers, thank you. I know the chemo and radiation will make me better so that gives me strength.

the horrible thing about breast cancer is you do not have symptoms. I went for a regular mammogram and it was found. My right nipple was inverted and the techs asked how long did I have not, I did not notice so I could not tell them. That was the only sign.

My recommendation is to get a mammogram. I then had an ultra sound and a bisopy and the cancer was confirmed.

justkarenc replied to rachael67's response:
Thank you. There is nothing I can do about having the cancer so I look at it by getting better I listen to the doctors and keeping positive support around me

MilonJones responded:
Hello Friends,

A new diagnosis of type 1 diabetes (T1D) can spark a range of reactions, including anger, sadness, and guilt. Whatever your feelings, they are normal, and you are not alone. Whether you have T1D yourself, or are the parent or loved one of a person with type 1 diabetes, it takes time to adapt to the day-to-day demands of the disease. But treatment options are improving all the time, and type 1 diabetes will not prevent you or your loved one from living a full and active life. With medical and emotional support, people with T1D and their families learn to cope with, and even thrive in spite of, the demands that the disease imposes.
Until there is a cure, we want to provide information that will help you cope with the burdens T1D imposes, take advantage of help that is available right now, and keep you and your loved ones as strong and healthy as possible.

Thanks And Regards
Milon Jones

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center