Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Breast cancer to ovarian cancer?
jlamb26 posted:
I've been a bit frazzled over the past week or so. After my "annual", my gynecologist sent me for a pelvic ultrasound. I'm 43 and I had been having irregular menstrual cycles since they returned after the end of chemo 1.5 years ago (HER+, hormone neg, Stage 2B single mastectomy). She then called and said she wants me to go in for a pelvic MRI because she found two medium size cysts, one with fluid. She also set up an appointment for me to talk to a gynecological oncologist to talk about "the future of my ovaries". As much as I pressed, she was reluctant to say that she thought that there was a possibility of cancer or to give me any specific reason why she felt I should have an MRI or a consult....I felt she was being very vague though so I'm a bit nervous. My MRI is scheduled for Wednesday of next week. Does anyone know if it is common for breast cancer to reoccur as ovarian cancer?
judyfams responded:
Breast cancer cannot recur as ovarian cancer. Breast cancer can metastasize in the ovaries - but it is still classified as breast cancer.
Unfortunately you can get ovarian cancer which has nothing to do with your breast cancer.
That being said there is a connection between breast and ovarian cancer if one tests positive for the BRACA 1 genes.
Let us know what is found on the MRI as soon as you know.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center