Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just for Fun: Bumper Stickers
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
My husband just put a HUGE "Los Angles Kings Stanley Cup Champions" bumper sticker on his car. You can tell so much by the back of someone's ride.

What stickers/decals/ornamentation do you have on your car?

I have:

• Stick family of daddy, mommy, 2 girls waving Oklahoma State Cowboy flags
  • License plate frame with the name of my 7 year old's elementary school on it
  • A plastic, glow-in-the-dark skull on my antenna

Who's next?

Haylen

rachael67 responded:
We do not have any. However, I heard several years ago a discussion on tv about what goes into an attorney's selection for whom to place on a jury. One of the smartest ideas I heard was the lawyer who said he always asks the individuals what bumper stickers, etc. they have on their car. I can see where it would tell much!

Hmmmm...Having nothing...Geeze, I must be a woman of mystery! I kinda like that!!!!!

Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

GGrandmaJan replied to rachael67's response:
I also have none. They are so hard to get off the car when you are done with them.

One time I had a license plate holder that said I was a medical person. Then the news reported if anyone (in State of WA) with a medical decal or anything on their car did NOT stop at an accident they could be giving a ticket. I immediatley changed the holder. We do have a "Good Samaritan" law in effect in our State. That means a person can not be sued if trying to help at an accident. But.......

Not that I wouldn't Stop if I thought I could help but I decided I did not want to advertise it. Now that I am retired and let my nursing license expire. and from having chemo I am not sure I would remember HOW to help. At this point in my life I possibly could do more harm than good.

Besides on the bumper stickers I do not advertise any politcal info what so ever. Also seeing as how NONE of my professional sport teams are worth a hoot up here in the NW I will not advertise for them either. At least, not until they put a good baseball team on the field. Remeber when I asked my Onc Dr what my prognosis was? I told him I wanted him to keep me alive until my Mariners went to the World Series!!! He leaned back in his chair and said, " Yeah, O.K. like when _____ freezes over!!!! I was giggling all the way into chemo that day. As we have such a lousy MLB baseball team. UGH.

Well, Haylen see what you got started. LOL. Hope my BP is not rising. LOL.

Have a good day, tho. and thanks.
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! by Me.

brcansur responded:
Haylen,
I have no Bumper stickers but I did have a angel with horns and a devils tail on my antenna when I worked at the prison due to another women had the same car same color and parked nexted to me a lot.
One to many nights in cold winter storms going to wrong car so got creative lol.lol love angels but could have a little of the devil in me too lol.lol....
Roberta

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to brcansur's response:
Well, I guess I'm in the minority with my decorated car!

Rachael, I've heard that about jury selection too! If one potential juror has a "Greenpeace" sticker and another has an "NRA" sticker, I bet an attorney could tell which one might be more likely to side with his client (depending on the case). If I'm ever called to jury duty, I hope they ask that question and figure that I'm a mom too tired to keep my eyes open during a trial and let me go home and put my sweat pants back on!!!!!!

Also, I would never put a sticker on my car advertising my political party affiliation. Things are so divisive in this country right now - I'd hate to give some loser incentive to vandalize.

Interesting about the medical personnel Jan! I hope your blood pressure came down

H

Shell1007 responded:
Haylen,
We have window clings in the back window of our pickup. University Of Washington (for Son #1) & Western Washington University (Son #2) I will not tell you how much each one of these clings has cost HaHa We used to have a Seattle Mariners antenna ball, but DH did not like him bouncing.around. For many years my car had a personalized license plate, but when we got the truck, I gave them up. Unfortunately more people now recognize me because of the truck (can't do anything sneaky) Have a great day, Shell

GGrandmaJan replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen,
You didn't know that if you see a Dr with an emblem of something on his car and he does NOT stop at an accident he can be sighted?? That is weird. I thought most people knew that but guess not if you aren't in the medical field. We were never told that in nursing school either. Some states do not have a "Good Samartian" law and people who do stop can be sued if they help the wrong way. Interesting times we live in. Now IF the EMT's or other emergency personnel are already there you do not have to stop. That is one of the reason's Dr's do not advertise also.

In Seattle area the other day there was a very bad accident. A very caring woman stopped to help. The only way she could get into the car was climb thru the back window that was broken. She managed to stop the bleeding on one of the passengers and became a hero so to speak. When she got back to her car some idioit had stolen over $900.00 from her purse as she had just got paid. It's that so sad. You try to do good and then something like that happens to you.

People now days. Makes you wonder what this world is coming too. Besides our dumb state legalizing Pot and other dumb things. Crazy!!!
Sugar Smacks to you.
Jan

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
LOVE the profile photo Jan! I didn't know that law - I've never noticed any kind of medical emblem on a car but I'll start looking out now.

That story of the stolen $$$ is unbelievable!!!! I hope there was some sort of fund raiser for the hero woman. Honestly, I have to pick and choose when/where I watch the news. So many depressing stories - "if it bleeds, it leads" is what I was taught in journalism school years ago and I supposed that is true.

(((Hugs))) to you!

GGrandmaJan replied to Shell1007's response:
Wow, Shell, You must have a great time at the Apple Cup football game. Which team does the parents rooooot for??? That is a toughie?? But so funny I bet.

HA---a Mariners antenna ball. How funny also.

Now who is talking about "can't do anything sneaky" as people recognize you. LOVE it. LOL.

I never recognize anyone's car cause I just don't pay attention to what people drive. The other day one of DH's friends said I blew by him on the viaduct and I had better slow down!! HA.
Me slow down---not in this lifetime as I have tooooo much to do.

Love your post. Made me chuckle today.
Jan

Shell1007 replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Jan,
Son #2 goes to Western (WWU) in Bellingham NOT WSU !!
No cougar fans in our house !!
Just felt the need to set you straight
Shell

GGrandmaJan replied to Shell1007's response:
Hey----I like it better my way!!! As I could just see the knock down drag out fights going on. LOL

How funny I totally read it wrong. I knew that too as you told me before. I am going to claim CHeMO brain. LOL.

So sorry. How is the weather down there. No I don't think I want to know as it is bitter cold and foggy up here today. I just can't get warm. Even riding my stationery bike didn't help.

Enjoy your vacation.
Hugs
Jan

Helpful Tips

Breast Cancer Survivor
I had breast cancer surgery on right side just below my breast 2.2 cm part since 2001. It also removed 21 nodes my armpit to protect cancer ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center