Skip to content
Not sure if the pink bus is still around....need it for my friend!
Bostonskiergirl posted:
Hello all,

It has been a while! You might remember me as Skiergirl24. I used to post back in the day when my mom was very ill with BC. Anyway I just got awful news about my friend. She is 32 and was diagnosed with breast cancer. She is scheduled to have a double mastecomy with reconstructive surgery at Brigham and Womens in Boston next month. Thoughts and prayers are appreciated at this time. She was diagnosed 10 years ago at age 22 and had a lumpectomy and chemo. Now the cancer is back. I'm at a loss as to how to help her. My mother passed away from this disease in 2007. She knows this and I can't help but think she feels as if she might die too...ugh. This is just a bad situation all around. On a positive note, I recomitted to doing my monthly breast exams. In a few years, when I hit my mid 30s, I will start getting regular mammos. Right now I've had a mammo and a few ultrasounds but not every year. Anyway, TIA for the advice!

-Maura

rachael67 responded:
Ah, Maura, seems you are the designated hand-holder and comforter! Tells you how much you are valued by family and friends! (Do remember this, however...when the news is good, you also get to be the main celebrator!! )

Of course we will bring Pinkie to your friend next month! As it is then officially the holiday season, what nibblies should we have? Special requests?

Please do not assume that your friend is coming to you because she feels she is going to die! She most likely has come to you knowing that since you have been down this road, you might offer her the best advice as well as support!! (And we know you will!!)

She will be in our thoughts. Please let her know that. And do keep us posted on how she is doing.

incidentally, so glad to hear that all is going well for you!!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

jenna291 replied to rachael67's response:
Hi Maura, first of all, so sorry about your mom. There are no words to say to make that better - it just sucks.
I will be aboard Pinkie with the others for your friend's appt.
I hope you will come back and let us know how she is doing and any help we can offer, however small, we'll do it!!!!

hugs,
Jenna

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

goodlook121 responded:

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center