Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Happy Thanksgiving to you all
kiwiallright posted:
I just want to wish you all a very joyful and happy Thanksgiving. We had our Family Thanksgiving, Sunday, I do this so my children have the day with their family. As the food was been blessed my mind went back to last at the same time when I wondered if I would be here for this one. Tears were rolling down my cheeks and of course my grandson pipes up saying "are you crying" "no," I lied. I did not know how to say to them that this time last year I did not think I would be here this year. So the game is to make sure I am here to cook that delicious meal that I cooked yesterday. I truly believe I out did myself on it this year.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts, feelings and concerns, I do hope that you all are well and are enjoying life to the fullest.

Happy Thanksgiving

Love to all

Mary

rachael67 responded:
Glad all went so well with your family Thanksgiving! Tears are more than understandable. I love tears that speak of joy and not sorrow! At some point you might want to share your thoughts that day with your loved ones...particularly the little one who noticed! (If he's too young to fully understand, a simple "Grandma was so happy to see all those she loved around her table! Sometimes I cry just because I am happy!!" A nice lesson to share with him and all!)

Yes!!! Definitely begin planning next year's menu right this minute!! And invite us all!! Okay?

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

jenna291 replied to rachael67's response:
Mary,
So glad you had a nice time with your family celebration. I find tears come for no reason sometimes. I understand just how you feel - I was never big on celebrating my birthday, but since this "journey" birthdayss are very special!!! I cherish each one and thank God I am here to write this.

I want to come to dinner too Rachael!

blessings and Happy Turkey Day to all,
love,
Jenna

mhall6252 replied to jenna291's response:
Me too, me too!

And I will be shedding a few tears tomorrow. I didn't think I'd be in any shape to enjoy tomorrow. But radiation seemed to do the trick and I feel really good. I'll be enjoying spending the day with my children and grandchildren and then heading off on Friday to Vegas. I feel well enough that I am taking myself to the mall for a couple of hours as I want a couple of new sparkly tops for Vegas. Glitz and glamour for this girl!

I am so thankful for all your love and support, especially during these last few weeks. I wish each and every one of you a wonderful Thanksgiving full of family, food and warm memories.

Love and hugs to everyone!
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

brcansur responded:
Mary,
You may not know it but you told a story of what thanksgiving is all about, Being thankful and what we are thankful of. You said it all family and being here to have that thanksgiving dinner with them all. Life you are still here a year later and made that dinner again and sat with joy pride and so much love and happeness in your heart that you couldn't help but cry with happy tears. I agree that is a story to share with your family and grandson tell them how happy you felt at that min. Life is a blessing and may you have many blessing and happy days to come just like Sunday. Angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle,
I am so happy to hear you are feeling up to turkey day and going to the mall shopping for your trip that is great news. Make sure to take it easy on all that good food don't want to over do it and get an upset tummy before your trip. I can see you now in those nice sparkly tops in Vegas you go gal and have a blast. Tell us all about it when you get back. Unless we all sneak in off pinkie when your not looking lol.lol. Have a great thanksgiving and trip angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Michelle, I am very happy you are feeling well for the big turkey day.

I hope you found the perfect sparkly tops for your trip to Vegas! Have a blast!

Maybe you will run into a movie star or two???? They will think you are one of them with those new outfits! Shine on girl!

blessings, hugs, flowers, chocolates....
Jenna

rachael67 replied to mhall6252's response:
Have a wonderful trip, dear Michelle! We may not be readily seen by all, but you know we are there!!

Incidentally, my number is 3!! When you win on it, take the money and buy yourself a "pretty" from all of us!

Blessings and Happy 2nd Thanksgiving!
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

brcansur responded:
Hello all I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving and long weekend. Michelle hope your trip was a safe one and that you are having a blast eat all the goodies you love and oh please have some for me too lol.lol. I sure have had enough already from all the left overs from my having dinner here this year. I love the left overs but boy I am starting to feel it a little to much .... I am done with them all till next year no more turkey please !!!! Now I am making soup with the rest of it I just can't take another hot turkey anything.. But I do love left over applestuffing uummmmm .... Well hope everyone is recovering well from the long holiday weekend have a great week ahead angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Beautifully written Mary! I hope your week is as wonderful as that awesome meal you made

(((hugs)))

Haylen

p.s. The kids always seem to see the tears, huh? I remember the first time I saw a "grown-up" cry as a child. It was very disconcerting. Crying was MY thing!

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

goodlook121 responded:

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

Helpful Tips

Radiation Burns
I had terrible burns over 2/3rds of my breast after 7 weeks of radiation & I was miserable. Here is what I did. The doctor told me to ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center