Skip to content
December 2012 looks.....
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Just took a peek at the calendar for next month and was wondering how yours is looking?

For me:

Good/Fun/Happy: 2 school holiday recitals, 7 year old turns 8, some days off work, putting up and decorate a tree.

Meh: Scheduling shoulder surgery for me in January (seems like I just keep putting that off....Our property tax is due - Yuck!

Who wants to peek at the 12th month next?

Haylen
FirstPrevious12NextLast

brcansur responded:
Haylen,
My Dec doesn't look to bad yet
Dec 3 I have my bone scan then I see the doctor right after that

Dec 5 is our group christmas get together at the breast care center.

Dec 20 blood work then the following week see my onc to go over the blood work and have my 6 month check up.

Dec 13 Kaiden turns 11 months old that is a big thing because a month later he will be 1 year old. Boy where did the time go? It seams like it has been only a few months.

That is it so far for Dec not to bad til I start making my cookies around 3 days before christmas and putting the trays together then it get crazy around here. This year will be different with the little man in the house we shall see if a good or hard kind of different.
Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

GGrandmaJan replied to brcansur's response:
Thanks Haylen, Good topic!!!!!

I am going to start with Nov.
Nov 30---Lessons on learning my new sewing machine with computer software. YAY

Dec 1--Surpise BD party friend is having for her DH. She is the one dx with lung ca. Doing all she can for her DH. Doing well so far with her dx.

Dec 3--Eye re-check on pressures.

Dec 5--Run CC (crazy cat) to Vet for shots.

Dec 14--See Dr. Dreamy---YaHooo!!!! That should be fun.

Dec 20--Port Flush at clinic.

Some time in all of that have to make appt for Mom on her knee. Called the clinic and the PA she has been seeing has moved to another city. UGH. We are losing Dr's here locally like crazy. Been spending time on computer trying to locate my great Onc Dr. Can not find if he is still in our state or moved back to Calif. So Frustrating. Trying to find another Onc Dr in the next city. One I got now is Dr. Iceberg. UGH.

Also need to work on my Mother's Christmas cards and the few I send out.

Oops, this sounds like a downer but I have been busy in my sewing room. Thank goodness, I have my old machine I know how to run. LOL.

Hope everyone has a busy but NOT stressful Dec.
Fondly
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! by Me.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to brcansur's response:
WOW Roberta - almost a year old for Kaiden? I can't believe it! Love your profile photo of him with his little paci. We called it a "nuk nuk" in our house. My girls were CRAZY for theirs and we had to finally have a visit from the "nuk nuk fairy" to get rid of them. But whenever I see a baby with a plug in, I think it's soooooo cute!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Love your profile pic Jan - I'm excited to hear how you like your fancy/schmancy sewing machine! I'm a slow technology adapter but once I get the hang of a new computer, mobile phone or I'm in heaven.

Such a bummer about the Onc Doc! I hope you find a non-iceberg physician soon!

Haylen

mhall6252 responded:
Jan - your picture is lovely!!! And I am guessing everyone is getting pretty good at posting pictures. What a group of smartie-pant...lol!

I have an appointment with my oncologist on Dec. 12 to determine which chemo is next. It's looking like carboplatin and gemzar which means I will need another port. And if any of my hair has survived radiation, this will finish it off. Hair is overrated! I am hoping to avoid starting before Christmas but time will tell.

And I have another appointment on Dec.19 for a followup with my Radiation Oncologist. She may order a brain MRI before the end of the month.

I think I'll fit some Christmas fun in there somewhere :>)
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

brcansur replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen,
I know I can't believe it my self it went by so fast in about a month and a half he will be a year old. Time fly's by and they are all grown up before you know it. He only gets his passy when he is going to bed for his naps and at night he really doesn't like it any other time other then to chew on it lol.lol. As soon as he falls to sleep it is out of his mouth most of the time we have to find it in his crip someplace lol. So hopefully it will not be to hard to get it away from him.
I have been trying to change the pic to a new one but it keeps telling the pic is to big so you may not be able to get the christmas card on here sorry all. Have a great day and weekend angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

brcansur replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle,
I love this pic of you everytime I see it You just glow and that smile makes me smile. I am sending loads of good wishes and angel hugs for your appts. When I read you may need a brain MRI it made me think of my one doctor telling well at least now you know you have a brain after I had mine. He made me laugh so hard and I knew we would get along just fine because he had a sense of humor just like me. But then after I was done laughing he said but I didn't say it meant you were smart and he laughed at that one and I just looked at him and said ok doc you got me and laughed again. He is a great doctor that I see for my headaches and some nerve damage I have. I know when I see him I will laugh about something because he always has something to say that is funny like pull your knees up instaed of pull your pant legs up to your knees. Or toe walk please instead of walk on your toes.
Have a great day and weekend angel hugs Roberta
Roberta

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to mhall6252's response:
Yup Michelle! You are due for some Christmas fun this year!

Hair, schmare - I'm with you. It's completely overrated! And this week, I'm wishing all humans were born bald and stayed bald. LICE has come to my 7 year old's grade school. Checks by the nurse everyday and all the girls have been told to keep their hair in tight braids. So put that in the "plus" column if you lose the rest Michelle - you'll never have to worry about lice

Glass half full!!!

Haylen

mhall6252 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Now that is every parent's nightmare!!! How did I get 4 kids through school and never dealt with head lice??? They were around but we were lucky.

Thank you Roberta, you are too sweet! I got my new wig today but it's not nearly as much fun as the one that didn't fit. My options were extremely limited - apparently there isn't much demand for a wig with a "petite"cap. The stylist had a whole new line that arrived today and not a single one was the right size. The one petite wig in the catalog was a long bob with bangs - not exactly "age-appropriate." So I took a "petite-average" brunette wig from her stock that seems to fit ok. At least it was 40% off because it was part of a discontinued line. It will work. And she fixed my really good wig so it looks better, too.
Michelle

Michelle,
Glad you got your wigs but to bad that you didn't have better luck with them. You could look at it this way at least you don't have a big head full of hot air lol.lol. You are a tiny women with a tiny head it all fits just the way it should. But I am sure the wigs you have will look great on you and you will have a lot of fun each time you put them on. Just think different colors diffent women uuummm !!!! You will make them work just like everything else in your life up to now you figure it out and make it work. That is just who you are and how you work plus a heart of gold so any wig will shine on your head and that smile will just top it all off. Keep smileing have a great weekend angel hugs Roberta,
P.S. I looked at the pics they are great the pics of the choc OMG I would have been in heaven. The hot air balloon ride looked so fun and pretty. I have that on my list of things to do now it is on the top of the list after seeing your pics.
Roberta

mhall6252 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta - you be sure and get that hot air balloon ride on your bucket list!
Michelle

jenna291 replied to mhall6252's response:
Just remembering a funny story not so funny at the time -
when I went for my first wig just before chemo so I could find something similar and not change my look too much, the woman who had seen me ASSURED me she would get something very close to my look (black hair, angled in the front).
When my best friend and I went back and saw her choice I broke into tears- it was a brand called "Rachael Welch" and yes, it was red - not even close to my natural look. It was hideous!!!!! I was not ready for such a dramatic look at all.
I left and we found another provider real fast!

Michelle, I hope you have luck finding wigs that fit right. Heck, if Dana Farber doesn't have them, who would???

hugs,
Jenna

Michelle,
It is on my list of things to do next spring or fall when it is nice out but not to hot plus a lot of color to look at also. I just have to find a place that looks good to me I already have a few people that will go with me so set on that. Then getting the nerves in check is going to be a big one I have a BIG !!! FEAR OF HIEGHTS !!!! So it will be a ride of a life time for everyone on it not just for the ride but because of me lol.lol I hope I do ok and don't get sick or passout that would not be a good ride at all for me. But everyone else would think it is the funniest thing and would most likely take pictures. I am told to just look out not down and I will be fine it is when you look down that it is bad. But no matter what I am going to do it because it looks so pretty in all of your pictures and peaceful I have to try it just once to see for myself. Plus to say I did it lol.lol.Have a great weekend angel hugs Roberta,
P.S. Hey this way I am that much closer to the angels
Roberta

Shell1007 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,
Funny that you & Michelle are talking about hot air balloon rides, because every since I finished my Rads, I have wanted to do something out of my comfort zone. I am like you & terrified of heights, but we are on extended vacation in Az. & we see the balloons almost everyday.They actually do tethered ones here, but I think I am gonna go big time & do the Sunset trip. I saw Michelle's pics of her ride so I am really wanting to go now. Maybe I will do it on my 2 yr anniv of finishing Rads (Jan 4). We will see

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center