Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Has anyone had bad side effects from ANNASTROZOLE?
babyboomer1977 posted:
I was diagnosed with breast cancer hr positive type 111 A last year and I did have two surgeries one lumpy and had my lymphnods removed and was recovering from my surgery in January of last year and in Febuary to May I had chemo and from June to August I had radiation therapy! After that I was tired of all the chemicals that was inside of me!
Than my chemo doctor told me that if I started to take ANNASTROZOLE!
She told me that my cancer had decreased from chemo and radiation therapy! Than she told me that the hormone pill would do the same thing as the chemo therapy ! But when I got on it! It made me feel crippled because it cause's really bad stiff joints in the body! Than it also caused high cholestrol and it also gave me really bad hot flashes too! So I quit taking it! And since than I feel like my oldest self again!

judyfams responded:
You were taking one type of the three groups of anti-hormone drugs known as aromatase inhibitors. What you are describing are the general side effects of that group of drugs. Sometimes when one of these drugs causes bad side effects, the doctor will prescribe another drug and sometimes another one will have lesser side effects.
I have answered your other email and told you that the decision as to whether or not to continue those drugs is a personal decision you alone have to make.
There are no right or wrong answers - you must do what you think is best for you.
Judy

babyboomer1977 replied to judyfams's response:
thank you for your answer and your reply.
I have done all my research about the other hormone pills and I have decided that I do not want to take those other hormone pills.

jenna291 replied to babyboomer1977's response:
Hi babyboomer,
You may want to see if there is another drug to try with less side effects for you, but as Judy said, this is a personal decision which only you can make.
I do take Arimidex, manage the bone pain with exercise and trying to stay hydrated as much as possible. I do get headaches, and these too I try and catch before they start. For me I feel benefits outway negatives but again that is a personal choice. It is too bad these pills have to have to darn many side effects.

best to you ~
Jenna

supergrangran responded:
Hi I am 8 yrs in remission from BC and have vivid memories of the problems this drug caused me. My Oncologist gave me a break of a couple of years and then I started on this drug again and after a rest from the drugs my body had endured i found that I coped fine with the drug. Although I was not happy at the time having done my time so to speak I am glad that I gave myself the best chance but you do have to make your own choice.

I felt pressure from my family to do my best to survive for them which did help with my decision. I am sending you hugs and best wishes that the decision you make will be the one that makes you happy. please be reassured that having given my body a rest from chemicals the side effects were nothing like the first attempt.

God bless XX

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

Alternative consumer self-test device for early detection of breast cancer?
This may be an interesting personalized alternative for early detection to then be verified through Breast MRI/Mammography: Eclipse, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center