Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
MRI after treatment
cancer47 posted:
I had bc 3 years ago this week. I have had mamograms and an MRI when first learned of the cancer. I just read someone saying the yearly MRI should I have had an MRI again. Again this year as these days come up that changed my life forever roll around I feel a 'sur-real" as how could this have happened? I look at that december calender and say "wow". But I'm glad to be here and as I read newbie's that ride has just begun for you and it will get better. Maybe not for awile but it will.

brcansur responded:
Hello, I had the MRI when dx also and the only other time I had one done was when I had some issues with my implants and infection in my breastdue to spider bite. The implant issues are due to one needed to be bigger because of the way i was cut on each side. One is under the breast the other is across the center that is the one that needed to be bigger to match the other side. I just didn't want you to think it was the implants and scare you if you are thinking of or have implants.
I know what you mean when that first year comes around it is sur real but you feel so good that it is past and yes you are here to celebrate. It gets even better as the years go by it will be 5 for me in Feb for dx March for surgery and Aug for last chemo. I celebrate all of them because they all mean something to me and mark a day inmy life that changed me I feel for the better. I am stronger, more positive about life and here to help others get through this any way I can. You are so right it isn't easy it may take a while but it does get better.
Have a great day and keep doing what your doing living angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

cancer47 replied to brcansur's response:

brcansur replied to cancer47's response:
cancer47,
Hello, you are so very welcome. Please feel free to ask any questions any time that is what we do here. Someone usually has answers or ideas to help with the question. We also are here to just chat or listen even laugh at times we do a lot of that sometimes. Hey we all need a good laugh from time to time so please feel free to come and join in on a chat any time. Looking forward to seeing you on board and chating more have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Shell1007 responded:
cancer47,
I only had an MRI when diagnosed also.
My tumor was very small & had not spread to lymph nodes.
I did not need chemo only did Rads. I did ask my Med Onco about any other scans or tests & he said not unless there is a concern would he do anything except blood work. And yes, that kind of freaked me out because I know a lot of others get scans & tests - but not me !
I am just trying to look at it as "I am one of the very lucky ones" otherwise I will drive myself crazy (crazier HaHa)
Take Care,
Shell

JLAMB26 responded:
Congratualation on being a three year survivor! I think I was the one who said I went in for my yearly MRI. I'm two years out from chemo and my oncologist schedules annual MRI's for the first three years after treatment. I had positive lymph nodes but I think everyone and every doctor is different. MRI's do give a good number of false positives and that can be very stressful too. I had one with the first follow-up MRI also.

jenna291 replied to JLAMB26's response:
Congrats on your 3 year milestone! I have a yearly mri, I am 5 years out, but still take arimidex and have blood drawn every year. I had stage II IDC, no node involvement, did lumpectomy, chemo, radiation.
It is amazing how every doctor handles things differently. I don't mind going as I feel it is another way I am being closely monitored. The bad thing for me is I have an out of pocket co-insurance of $1800 which really is the pits.
Seems like we always have something to stress about!

Jenna

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

Radiation Burns
I had terrible burns over 2/3rds of my breast after 7 weeks of radiation & I was miserable. Here is what I did. The doctor told me to ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center