Skip to content
________________ always lifts my mood!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
What are the "little things" you experience that can lift your mood if you are feeling scared, frustrated, angry, stressed, etc.?

For me, a cup of super hot coffee and and "unasked for" hug from the kids does the trick every time.

How about you?

Haylen

p.s. That's my almost 8 year old who made her first pot of coffee for my husband and I on Sunday. She was so proud! And yes, that's a 15 year old Mr. Coffee that is still chugging away...

brcansur responded:
Haylen,
First I have to say your little girl is a cutie. Not even eight yet and making coffee just hope she doesn't want to drink some with you soon.
I have to agree I like my hot cup of coffee and being with children always makes me smile. I don't know what it is but for some reason you can't be down or scared when they are around you. When going for chemo I would always go see my sister and her girls after it always made me feel so much better. Having those little arms wrap around your neck and hearing them say you will be all right Aunt Bobbi was all I needed to hear and I was just that all right. They turn your world rightside up when everything is spinning. Now I have Kaiden in my life and boy he can make my days so much better just looking into his eyes and that smile. So i would say yes children are the best then coffe and oh can't forget laughing !!!!!
Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

GGrandmaJan responded:
WOW, Haylen, what an adorable cutie you have!!!! I have a feeling she looks just like you. Am I right???? How sweet of her to make coffee on Sunday.!!!!!

Seeing as how all my grand-kiddies are now in their 20's or more, no little ones around for hugs. Geez, they grow up so fast. Get all the hugs you can NOW before they give them all to their boyfriends. My youngest G-son (age 20) has a charming beautiful girl-friend, who is now getting all my hugs. UGH they grow up so fast.

Well, you knew I would say my I-Pod is what gets me in a better mood. Music is the best to relieve my stress. LOL. I walk around the house with the ear-phones on my head, much to my DH's distresss. LOL. As he is semi-retired, he has the History channel on 24/7. Now that baseball is over for a few months there is Nothing on the dumb TV. LOL.

Only 52 days-- 10 hours and 32 minutes until pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training. YAY!!!!! Then 3 weeks after that when Spring Training starts for real. I know I am wishing my life away but Spring is right around the corner. WaaaaHoooo!!!

Thanks for a great topic this dreary wet and wild Monday.
Fondly
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! by Me.

Shell1007 responded:
Haylen,
She is soooo cute & does look very proud !
My question is: were you able to drink the coffee or did it eat through the cup cause it was so strong? That is how my Son made my coffee.And yes I did drink it with a smile on my face. Gotta love them for trying!
I am with Jan...it is all about the music. I listen to what my mood is calling for. If I do not want to think, the louder the better. 70's & 80's rock ! But I enjoy all kinds of music.
Jan, are you really counting down til Spring Training ? Something to look forward to I guess !
Have a good day everybody,
Shell

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Shell1007's response:
HAHA Shell! Nope, it was perfect. But, truthfully, I'm not sure there is a cup of coffee on this planet too strong for me - I love my coffee!

80s rock always does the trick for me too - it's hard to be depressed with Guns n' Roses blasting, right?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Thank you Jan, I think she's adorable but that's imprinted in my DNA, I suppose! This one looks like the husband but the 4 year old is my "mini-me". I've actually had strangers laugh when they saw us together because it's such a strong resemblance.

I'm full of envy that you have a full baseball season to look forward to - the hockey lockout is still going strong. And after my team took home the cup! We haven't even been able to see the banner being raised.

I briefly forgot that you are an Ipod spokeswoman

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta - I let her take a slug of an unsweetened cup once so she thinks coffee is "terrible" but knows that her mamma needs it

Can't wait to see pix of Kaiden enjoying the holidays!

H

mhall6252 responded:
She is just adorable, Haylen!

A hot cup of hot spiced apple cider (sugar-free) is a mood lifter for me, and visiting my grandkids works every time! They are just so darn cute!
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

brcansur replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen,
That is a good idea if Kaiden asks for some coffee I will remember to not add any sugar just black lol.lol.
About that picture I tryed to get the christmas card on here but to big a file so didn't work. It is from the disc from JC penny's. But I will take some others and try to get them on here for everyone to see when he ripes opened his gifts for the first time can't wait.
Roberta

brcansur replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle,
I also love hot cider in the fall so good with cinn stick in it. You can never go wrong when children are around everything looks better.
Roberta

rachael67 replied to mhall6252's response:
Took me a while to give this some thought. At first music came to my mind...Some tunes make me smile and feel everything will find its way to a good place. However, then I thought of how often I cried when certain songs were played as they brought with them painful memories.

I thought of movies...especially at this time of year when Santa and angels are so frequent visitors on the films we see on tv. But then I realized some only served to make me more lonely for happier times.

Maybe friends? However, too often I feel either guilty as my recent good fortunes seem an embarrassment of riches when compared with the stress in their lives at that moment...Or, at other times, I feel even more neglected by fate as they appear to have so much!

Stores seem to brim with happy shoppers...Or are crowded with those stressed beyond measure by what should be days filled with love and joy.

Foods can bring me pleasant memories of home...but sometimes when I am depressed, they only adds pounds as I attempt to fill the emptiness!

One cannot lean on the wind and expect it always to provide support...The wind and life are both too inconstant. The amount of joy I harvest often depends on what I bring to the party!!

But a constant mood lifter??? I would have to join in the chorus to say with a big smile: The delight and laughter and hugs of children!!!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

mhall6252 replied to rachael67's response:
"The delight and laughter and hugs of children"...

it just grabs my heart every time I walk into my daughter and son-in-law's home and the grandkids yell, "grandma!!!" and give me giant hugs!
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!

jenna291 replied to mhall6252's response:
Haylen, you daughter is adorable! You can see how proud she is that she made you your coffee!

I love a great cup of coffee, cocoa too this time of the year. Ghiradelli cocoa mix is really awesome! Anything chocolate makes me smile, flowers always do of course.

Seeing my family happy and healthy makes me happy too.
Things are tough out there for so many people, so I try and realize how lucky we are to be in a warm house with food every night on the table.

I love music too! Maroon 5, U2, Rod Stewart, Tom Petty, Bon Jovi, Lady Gaga - lots of good rock and roll! Hard not to be happy when listening to some good tunes!

goodlook121 responded:
(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Hello
My name is jessica i saw your profile today at (webmd.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com).I believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.jessica.(Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Please reply me with my email address

(jessica_2vndaye@yahoo.com)

Helpful Tips

Radiation Burns
I had terrible burns over 2/3rds of my breast after 7 weeks of radiation & I was miserable. Here is what I did. The doctor told me to ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center