Skip to content
I have a new treatment plan...
mhall6252 posted:
and you can read the details on my blog:

www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com

The bottom line - port placement next Monday, PET/CT scan on Friday, first chemo on Dec. 26th, staying on generic actos because Dana Farber had a clinical trial using that combo and the oncologist thought it was a good idea. It will be weekly for 3 weeks then a week off, rinse and repeat. PET/CT again in 3 months.

And I think my Christmas tree glows...LOL!
Michelle
Read my blog at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

rachael67 responded:
Sounds like a good option. Know we will be aboard Pinkie for the scans and chemo...and will gather around your Christmas tree to toast you and this new approach! I'll bring cookies!!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

jenna291 replied to rachael67's response:
I am coming on Pinkie too for all your appointments. I will bring mamosa's to toast as you get thru each one!!!
Also, I will bring poinsettas (a drink with champagne and cranberry juice instead of orange juice) 'Tis the season, after all!
Seriously, Michelle, will be with you in spirit for all these appointments.

xo
Jenna

GGrandmaJan responded:
Aw Michelle,
I am so glad they have a treatment plan for you. I will be aboard "Pinkie" to support you with all the scans and treatments. I believe it is time to round up the "Cabana Boys" to serve you drinks and wait on you. Perhaps a little music to entertain us complete with some of that super Paris chocolate.

Let's hope Rachael can stay on the road this time. Her driving lately leaves a little to be desired. We don't want her hitting the curbs again.

It sounds like you have a super team in place with Dana Barber among the best. Now enjoy Christmas (including the glowing) with your family, grand-kiddies and friends.

BTW--can you explain what "actos" are? Not heard of that med.

You are a super strong gal. You can do this. Just remember we are all in your corner.

Hugs
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! by Me.

mhall6252 replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Thanks everyone! Yes, we can have a weekly party aboard Pinkie!!! Bring on the cabana boys!!!

Actos is a diabetic medicine (generic is pioglitazone) so unless you're diabetic, you're probably not familiar with it. There was a clinical trial at Dana Farber combining carboplatin with Actos. I think it's ended - they probably pulled it because of the black box warning for Actos (it can cause bladder cancer if used for more than a year). But it also has proven to increase the effectiveness of platinum chemos. So this is a matter of "picking your poison" - I will not use it for more than a year but right now I need all the extra help I can get to fight the beast and I'm willing to take the risk.
Michelle

GGrandmaJan replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle, I ordered the Cabana Boys for you. Have you anyone in mind that are younger??? Of course, they can be any age you wish. Just get your imagination going.

Count me in for the weekly party. I will be holding your hand and patting you on the back-side to beat this bastard to the curb. You have had enough all ready.

Thanks for the explanation on the Actos. Sorry, just never heard of it before. Yep, sounds like a good one to use to help with the chemo. You are so smart and wise with all your research. I am happy you got a plan and a great team together.

Much love.
Jan
He who laughs at himself--never runs out of things to laugh at!! by Me.

mhall6252 replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
OK Jan, Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Patrick Dempsey (McDreamy), Eric Dane (McSteamy) - they should keep us amused for a while!
Michelle

cindy12345678 responded:
Michelle,
I wish you all the best with your new treatment plan. You
are such a pioneer! I wil be on "pinkie for the ride"
Can I be in charge of the cabana boys?I like your choices!
LOL

mhall6252 replied to cindy12345678's response:
Sure Cindy! You keep those boys in line!!!

We have to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 7:15 a.m. The good news is we should be outta there by 11 a.m. at the latest.
Michelle

brcansur replied to cindy12345678's response:
I will be along also Cindy sounds like you wanting to be in charge of the guys lol.lol Now no man handleing them be nice... Ok you may touch a little maybe a tummy or two lol.lol Now !! Now !!! I didn't go there lol.lol Be a good girl all of you now. Michelle now if you want to touch that is alright by me it is your day you can do anything that you big heart desires anything
Have a great day angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

mhall6252 replied to brcansur's response:
I'm home from my surgery - the guys took me into the OR and injected a margarita on the way...LOL! I didn't feel a thing! I woke up, they sprung me free and we went out for breakfast - I had banana stuffed french toast smothered with strawberries and whipped cream! That's a crazy, carby breakfast for me and I enjoyed every single bite!

So far no pain from the surgery site, and now I'm going to take a nap! Thanks everyone for the company, it's all good!

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle

rachael67 replied to mhall6252's response:
Sounds like all went well..and your breakfast
has me drooling!

Sweet dreams during your nap! And be kind to yourself while you recover!!

Blessings.
Rachael
There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein

brcansur replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle,
Good morning sleepyhead Oh that stuffed french toast sounds sooo goood !!! I am going to have to try and make some now lol.lol But hey you so deserve it and so what if you have some yummy food every once in a while !!!! Your sugar will go back down I am sure you take care of that very well. So for a day of enjoying your self and eating something so yummy as that go for it GAL !!!! Now I am so happy everything went well and you had fun with all the guys on your trip and from surgery hey we would do anything for you what are freinds for right !!!! Now go get some rest and take care of your self or should I say play good and let everyone else take care of you lol.lol. We all know that wont last long lol.lol You always have to be doing something lol.lol. But please listen to your body and rest we want to see you have a nice restful holiday with your family not a tired out one so sleep up !!! have a great day and fast recovery. Sending loads of love and angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Michelle, sounds like things went good this morning and that stuffed french toast sounds amazing!!! I love good french toast, and that sounds like the best!
I hope you have/had a great nap and can just take it easy and enjoy the sounds, smells, sights and all that comes with the holiday season!
I am with Roberta, let everyone take care of you. You have earned it, my friend!

Many blessings ~
Jenna

mhall6252 replied to jenna291's response:
Yes, I did have a great nap until the phone rang...grrr! But I can't get too upset, it was my son and he often calls in the early afternoon when he's on his lunch break. We are going out to dinner with him and his lady on Thursday.

Tomorrow's a big day - meeting with the radiation oncologist at 10:30 then on to the Imaging Center to have a PET/CT scan. It got moved up from Friday to Wednesday. I'm sure it's going to show progression - my CA27.29 jumped from 126 two months ago to 313...that's kinda scary but I haven't been on any chemo since the beginning of the brain mets so it's not totally surprising. I'll be glad to get back into chemo and slow down this beast!!!

Hugs to all,
Michelle
Michelle

Helpful Tips

DIEP Flap Survival
Sept 7, 2012: Bilateral Mastectomy and immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction. I live in Washington, DC, area and have great insurance and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center